Cool unofficial alt logo

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":1jn5fn6a said:
Ran across this on Twitter. Bad-ass! Would be nice to track down the original artist and pitch it to the Seahawks as the new alternate logo. So much better than out old, seldom-used alt logo, and perfect with the new uniform motif.

I just felt the urge to point out that you once lectured me that "badass" is grammatically correct as one word.

Carry on.

OP
OP
Seahawk Sailor

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
RolandDeschain":27qjwdc4 said:
Seahawk Sailor":27qjwdc4 said:
Ran across this on Twitter. Bad-ass! Would be nice to track down the original artist and pitch it to the Seahawks as the new alternate logo. So much better than out old, seldom-used alt logo, and perfect with the new uniform motif.

I just felt the urge to point out that you once lectured me that "badass" is grammatically correct as one word.

Carry on.

The noun is. The adjective is not. Thus sayeth the bad-ass badass.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
This logo? It was retired in 2011. So I can see that it's seldom used now. But I've always liked it. :smiley_boxin:

He0r2sbq6u7gr9i2th9q

OP
OP
Seahawk Sailor

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
Yea, that logo, Kitsap. It was cool, but the one I posted above is so much better! I'd absolutely love to see the 'Hawks refine and adopt that as their new alt logo.

It also hearkens back more to the native art that inspired the original logo, which I think is absolutely fantastic.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I think they are BOTH equally awesome saying that as a graphic designer. To Sailor's point, his logo he showcased is a tremendous tip of the cap to the native American art that the original logo derived from with a bridge to the contemporary. However, the alt logo Kitsap shows is a brilliant piece of artwork by itself and one I always hoped the Seahawks would adopt as a secondary logo for uniforms/helmets but for whatever reason it was never meant to be.

I have no dog in this fight other to say those are both sweet alt logos for the team.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
PS...How badASS would it be if that logo you posted Sailor was on a 1977 Pontiac Trans Am!

1978_Trans-Am_bandit.jpg

JesterHawk

Reaction score
Aros":1anfalg8 said:
PS...How badASS would it be if that logo you posted Sailor was on a 1977 Pontiac Trans Am!

1978_Trans-Am_bandit.jpg
It's a simple equation. you take the badass constant of the logo and divide it by the lameness constant of the firebird multiplied by the length of the driver's hair.

OP
OP
Seahawk Sailor

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
JesterHawk":2cykq1ju said:
Aros":2cykq1ju said:

1978_Trans-Am_bandit.jpg
It's a simple equation. you take the badass constant of the logo and divide it by the lameness constant of the firebird multiplied by the length of the driver's hair.

Soooo:

suppaball

Reaction score
Aros":2dv4bul9 said:

1978_Trans-Am_bandit.jpg
Photoshop that shiz

Edit: and put Burt ... I mean Burt Reynolds behind the wheel.

Cartire

Reaction score
suppaball":2w7j9rxg said:
Aros":2w7j9rxg said:

1978_Trans-Am_bandit.jpg
Photoshop that shiz

Edit: and put Burt ... I mean Burt Reynolds behind the wheel.

I kinda want to see the trans am logo done up with a seahawks twist now....

Rainger

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":1n9wdm90 said:
This is kind of cool too. :thumbup:

eagle-best-HD-wallpaper.jpg
Problem is that who ever drew that picture does not know the difference between a sea hawk (osprey) and an eagle, The head an beak on this picture are more eagle. See below.
Osprey

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
JesterHawk":3h7wntu1 said:
Aros":3h7wntu1 said:

1978_Trans-Am_bandit.jpg
It's a simple equation. you take the badass constant of the logo and divide it by the lameness constant of the firebird multiplied by the length of the driver's mullet.

Fixed it for you.

jkitsune

Reaction score
FWIW, the original logo was created for a t-shirt and hoodie that were sold on teespring about a year ago. I picked it up on a hoodie, and it's easily my favorite sweatshirt in a long time.

You might still be able to get your hands on one if you contact the artist directly. The artist's Facebook page is here: https://www.facebook.com/Ilovetheseahawks

Purchase his stuff and support his work if you love it!

GLOCKHAWK

Reaction score
Find this picture.

Attachments

• 1450186_1431272897086340_1012584817_n.jpg
    1450186_1431272897086340_1012584817_n.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 2,795

pmedic920

Reaction score
That logo would be perfect as a cover up of an old tat I have. It's a bison head with horns that reach up, like the wings. The colors would be plenty dark.
Does anybody know if the photo is public domain?