Seattle Dragons Football

BlueThunder

Reaction score
First game of the season is Saturday, February 8th, 11 am on ABC. Looking forward to it! Hope it's better than that crap league that couldn't even make it through one season last year. What a joke. But, lot's of ex-Seahawks involved. Should be fun! And this will be the first game of the weekend. So, a lot of pomp and circumstance.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
BlueThunder":10ah3dtf said:
First game of the season is Saturday, February 8th, 11 am on ABC. Looking forward to it! Hope it's better than that crap league that couldn't even make it through one season last year. What a joke. But, lot's of ex-Seahawks involved. Should be fun! And this will be the first game of the weekend. So, a lot of pomp and circumstance.
Not only ex-Hawks but ex-UW and players that played high school in this area.
Go Dragons!

Seafan

Reaction score
Don't listen to that negative shot in the dark analysis. Their defense is solid. They have two solid QBs and Keenan Reynolds, Kasen Williams, Fred Ross, and Austin Proehl are WRs. They have an outstanding group of RBs. Most importantly they have Mike Riley as OC and Jim Zorn as HC.

My niece works for the team as video coordinator. She invited me to their closed scrimmage on MLK day. I got field passes and she had already talked me up to Jim Zorn, Mike Riley and BJ Daniels. I talked to all three of them after the scrimmage. The scrimmage wasn't for the teams. It was for the league to work out the kinks in their system and make sure their referees were all on the same page. There was no tackling and players who got over physical were kicked out of the scrimmage. After four quarters they then staged an overtime to once again work out the particulars. Oliver Luck (League President, former NFL QB and father of Andrew Luck) was there. Since the scrimmage was against the DC Defenders the team kept everything vanilla and players like K. Will and K. Reynolds didn't play but were there. Also the team needed to cut 18 players the next day so as expected they played the bubble guys. BJ looked good but didn't play much as they played four QBs. Jim Zorn and Mike Riley know they can depend on Daniels but also realize they have a young kid with great arm talent. I wouldn't be surprised to see them play both.

I'm looking forward to seeing opening day tomorrow. It's still all a mystery. I asked Jim Zorn if building a team from scratch reminded him of 1976 and the Hawk expansion season and he agreed. He told me some great stories from 1976 where he was calling players by their numbers because he didn't know their names.

The Dragons are in the top 2 in ticket sales and obviously play in the best venue. I hope more Seattle sports fans embrace the Seattle Dragons and the XFL. One nice thing is every game is televised.

Go, Dragons! Breathe Fire!