Officiating and Broadcasting

Seafan

Reaction score
I was impressed with the officials and how quickly they came up to speed and the fantastic job they did today.

The announcers were solid. If you are watching the Fox Team in the Houston game right now you are listening to Curt Menefee in the booth and our very own Brock Huard on the sideline.

Every game will be televised.

XFL
FOR THE LOVE OF THE GAME

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Seafan":kp0gkwso said:
I was impressed with the officials and how quickly they came up to speed and the fantastic job they did today.

The announcers were solid. If you are watching the Fox Team in the Houston game right now you are listening to Curt Menefee in the booth and our very own Brock Huard on the sideline.

XFL
FOR THE LOVE OF THE GAME
Officiating was good, they were quick with the calls and I like the fact they televised the replay officials and the onfield officials conversations. Also like the fact they have one official who’s only job is to place the football for the next snap.
It’s only one game of course but it looks like the XFL could teach some things to the NFL when it comes to officiating and how things are done.

OP
OP
Seafan

Seafan

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1my1gklq said:
Seafan":1my1gklq said:

XFL
FOR THE LOVE OF THE GAME
Officiating was good, they were quick with the calls and I like the fact they televised the replay officials and the onfield officials conversations. Also like the fact they have one official who’s only job is to place the football for the next snap.
It’s only one game of course but it looks like the XFL could teach some things to the NFL when it comes to officiating and how things are done.

Dean Blandino is their head of officiating and they recruited from Power 5 conferences. I can see the NFL wanting to pick up some of these ladies and gents.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Seafan":14gjwr4c said:
Sports Hernia":14gjwr4c said:
Seafan":14gjwr4c said:

XFL
FOR THE LOVE OF THE GAME

Dean Blandino is their head of officiating and they recruited from Power 5 conferences. I can see the NFL wanting to pick up some of these ladies and gents.
My opinion of “Deano” Blandino isn’t very high as he used to hang out on Jerruh Jones party bus when he was head of NFL officiating. Hopefully he has learned from his past discretions. Luckily with the XFL there is one owner and his best interest is to have the games decided on the field by the players and not by officials.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Good Point about 1 owner.

Considering all the Biased in NFL and NCAA sports it's kinda nice to have something I believe there is not agenda. Now once they see Seattle fan's are spending the most money they may start giving us a few breaks and just like with the sounders we could become a hip team and make an legacy for ourselves early on in the league.

ronnieboycefanclub

Reaction score
TV viewers being able to see the discussions between the reply official and the other officials is not new. It has been in Rugby for some years.

Also the crowd in the stadium being able to watch what is being reviewed on the big screen is also not new. This has been also been in Cricket for some years.

I thought that the pitch side interviews were not very useful before kick off. They were interviewing players who were practicising who they could not get the microphone close enough to hear what they were saying or were too busy with their practice schedule to stop and talk.

I thought it was funny that the Dragon's Center said a rude word that was not censored in time as his opinion of being called for a personal foul.