XFL Week 2: Tampa Bay Vipers @ Seattle Dragons

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Tampa Bay Vipers 0-1-0 @ Seattle Dragons 0-1-0

Saturday, Feb 15th
2:00 PM PST
CenturyLink Field
TV: FOX

There are no worthwhile forums to post, so this is just an info thread for when and where. I think this league looks promising, and I'm entertained with the format and their approach. All we need now are for more cities to come on board and expand the league. This could be the league that makes it past the USFL and all the others that have tried to fill this void. Fingers crossed...

GO DRAGONS!

BREATHE FIRE!!!

JGreen79

Reaction score
BlueThunder":27i2sa7w said:
Tampa Bay Vipers 0-1-0 @ Seattle Dragons 0-1-0

Saturday, Feb 15th
2:00 PM PST
CenturyLink Field
TV: FOX

There are no worthwhile forums to post, so this is just an info thread for when and where. I think this league looks promising, and I'm entertained with the format and their approach. All we need now are for more cities to come on board and expand the league. This could be the league that makes it past the USFL and all the others that have tried to fill this void. Fingers crossed...

GO DRAGONS!

BREATHE FIRE!!!

I agree, hopefuly they've learned that moving to the same months as the NFL is a death sentence.

Based on what little I saw, I think it's different enough to avoid viewing fatigue, but similar enough it doesn't feel like watching a different game.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I want to go! Unfortunately I have a commitment that day...Definitely plan on going to a home game soon though.

$30 bucks for a decent seat? Yes please!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Didn’t Tampa get curbstomped?
I feel a win coming for the Dragons! :2thumbs:

ronnieboycefanclub

Reaction score
Here is one for the Teenagers. Former Falcons Head Coach Gerry Glanville has come out of retirement to be a coordinator for the Vipers.

In their last game a Vipers player set a record of being the first player ejected from a game in the new league. i was watching on BT Sport 2 and he did it right in front of the referee.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/komonewsradio/status/1227055150923075584[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ESPNPR/status/1226659765914304514[/tweet]

Through one week, the new XFL has been a hit in Seattle.

The Dragons, the city’s XFL franchise, played at the D.C. Defenders in the first game of the start-up league Saturday, and scored 3.3 million views on ABC, peaking at 4 million. Seattle led all markets nationally with a 6.4 rating.

And the Dragons announced Monday that additional seating sections are being made available for the team’s home opener at CenturyLink Field this Saturday due to a high ticket demand.

While it’s far too early to be making any conclusions about the success of the new version of the XFL -- especially when the downfall of many spring football leagues has been after the first week -- encouraging signs are apparent in Seattle.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Just bought 5 tickets today, going to take my Mom and 3 sons. We are in the end zone 12X but $139 total package is not bad when one Seahawks ticket is that price I feel great about this.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Wenhawk":1tutn2qj said:
Just bought 5 tickets today, going to take my Mom and 3 sons. We are in the end zone 12X but $139 total package is not bad when one Seahawks ticket is that price I feel great about this.
Yeah, it’s a bargain compared to the NFL prices.

Seafan

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":3ot9d2yk said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/FemiAbebefe/status/1227372745329008641[/tweet]

Kasen and Battle are out and Brandon Silvers is in. The new WR from the CFL has not practiced with the team yet.

The Vipers will be playing their backup QB.

SlickRick

Reaction score
Wenhawk":3ubxxu8e said:

That's a sweet deal. Got 2 tickets for my wife & I for the March 22nd game, the roughnecks vs the defenders. Paid around 60$ love the prices. Merch is all sold out.

Rooting for Seattle & Houston love both teams