Do Not Sell My Personal Information

An apology and action taken

Welcome Seattle Dragons and XFL. More Football! LANGUAGE: PG-13
An apology and action taken
Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:33 pm
  • From XFL
    Via twitter:

Saturday's Seattle Dragons-Houston Roughnecks game should not have ended as it did. Replays showed clearly that the knee of Houston quarterback P.J. Walker touched the field, rendering him "down" and the fourth-down play officially completed, with approximately two seconds remaining on the clock – effectively turning the ball over to Seattle on downs. With a nine-point differential in the score, Seattle was denied an opportunity to tie the game. The XFL sincerely regrets this error.

In addition, Wes Booker, who served as Officiating Supervisor for Saturday's game, has been reassigned.

———————————-

See NFL, it can be done. Accountability and Transparency!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Re: An apology and action taken
Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:25 pm
  • So the XFL fires their guys for gregarious screw ups, Roger are you listening and Reading?
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:55 am
  • chris98251 wrote:So the XFL fires their guys for gregarious screw ups, Roger are you listening and Reading?

The refs didn't look that gregarious or chatty on their fast-walk near-run out of the stadium, but the error of not playing the last 2 seconds, with a (longshot) opportunity to tie, now that was rather egregious.
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:38 am
  • That was pretty crazy. I imagine if I was a player who lost out on money or a better who lost because of that I would be pretty upset.
    Wenhawk
    .NET Owner

It is currently Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:26 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE DRAGONS & XFL ]

Information