An apology and action taken

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
From XFL
Via twitter:

Saturday's Seattle Dragons-Houston Roughnecks game should not have ended as it did. Replays showed clearly that the knee of Houston quarterback P.J. Walker touched the field, rendering him "down" and the fourth-down play officially completed, with approximately two seconds remaining on the clock – effectively turning the ball over to Seattle on downs. With a nine-point differential in the score, Seattle was denied an opportunity to tie the game. The XFL sincerely regrets this error.

In addition, Wes Booker, who served as Officiating Supervisor for Saturday's game, has been reassigned.

———————————-

See NFL, it can be done. Accountability and Transparency!

chris98251

Reaction score
So the XFL fires their guys for gregarious screw ups, Roger are you listening and Reading?

olyfan63

Reaction score
chris98251":4jj5q9kj said:
So the XFL fires their guys for gregarious screw ups, Roger are you listening and Reading?

The refs didn't look that gregarious or chatty on their fast-walk near-run out of the stadium, but the error of not playing the last 2 seconds, with a (longshot) opportunity to tie, now that was rather egregious.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
That was pretty crazy. I imagine if I was a player who lost out on money or a better who lost because of that I would be pretty upset.