LA Wildcats game will be played in an empty stadium

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Glad they at least let us know 4 days ahead of time. I was looking forward to going to the game, but I have no issue with it. And it's not like we can do anything about it. It was cancelled, probably a lot more will be cancelled in the next few weeks.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3pwga610 said:
Glad they at least let us know 4 days ahead of time. I was looking forward to going to the game, but I have no issue with it. And it's not like we can do anything about it. It was cancelled, probably a lot more will be cancelled in the next few weeks.

Well, it hasn't been cancelled, just played without any fans in the stands. So much for the Dragon 12's having an effect on the outcome. Should be a little surreal with no fans in the stands. Haven't seen that since the Ken Behring years. :D And I've seen posts that say they will refund tix, but you have to respond before March 14th, and you'll have the option to get a refund or a credit for tix next season.

sutz

Reaction score
Philosophically, I guess we'll learn which players are playing for love of the game itself, and who just plays to hear the accolades of the crowd.

BubbaGump

Reaction score
On the XFL app they just posted a statement that they are suspending all games due to the virus. All players will get there full season salary and they look forward to playing a full season in 2021. Darn it!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
BubbaGump":2zjocyti said:
On the XFL app they just posted a statement that they are suspending all games due to the virus. All players will get there full season salary and they look forward to playing a full season in 2021. Darn it!
Sucks, but it’s the right call for now. Glad they are paying them their full salary’s though.

High school kids in King, Snohomish, and Pierce counties are out of school until a week before May, pretty much killing the spring sports programs.
Again, it sucks, but likely the right call.