Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Welp, XFL cancels rest of season.

Welcome Seattle Dragons and XFL. More Football! LANGUAGE: PG-13
Welp, XFL cancels rest of season.
Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:37 pm
  • They use the word "Suspended", but it's cancelled. They have a 3 year commitment, so they will be back for the 2021 season. This whole virus crap sucks. Check out ESPN.com. Like every story is cancellation or postponement of every sporting event from every league from college to the pro's. It's crazy! WTF is ESPN even gonna do? That's ALL they do! And every sports media outlet... :cry: Yeah, thanks China, for your endless stream of plagues... :evil:

https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/2020 ... -pandemic/
    Last edited by BlueThunder on Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:42 am, edited 4 times in total.
    BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*

Re: Welp, XFL cancels rest of season.
Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:48 pm
  • Well north America should of closed the borders...they knew this would happen. Lots of sports articles think the xfl is done and wont sure I've. Too bad it was kind of getting better.
    Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:02 pm
  • Cyrus12 wrote:Well north America should of closed the borders...they knew this would happen. Lots of sports articles think the xfl is done and wont sure I've. Too bad it was kind of getting better.

Like I said, they have a 3 year commitment, so the league will give it another shot next year. The league has big money in the background, so I'd be surprised if it actually folded. We'll see I guess. So, do the Roughnecks get a trophy or something?

BTW Cyrus, I'm thinking your voice-to-chat turned "Survive" into "sure I've". :lol:
    BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*

Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:09 pm
  • Players are getting their full salaries too, which is cool.
    BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*

Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:34 pm
  • BlueThunder wrote:
    Cyrus12 wrote:Well north America should of closed the borders...they knew this would happen. Lots of sports articles think the xfl is done and wont sure I've. Too bad it was kind of getting better.

BTW Cyrus, I'm thinking your voice-to-chat turned "Survive" into "sure I've". :lol:

Yep...covid kicking in...
    Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:35 pm
  • BlueThunder wrote:Players are getting their full salaries too, which is cool.

Well that's good...this really sucks for them I'm sure. Not like they were going to get rich.
    Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:04 pm
  • Cyrus12 wrote:
    BlueThunder wrote:Players are getting their full salaries too, which is cool.

Well that's good...this really sucks for them I'm sure. Not like they were going to get rich.

That... And their interview for the NFL just ended. Bummer.
    BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*

Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:35 pm
  • That news really bummed me out. I really wanted them to finish the season. Personally, I was really enjoying the games. I have a friend who bought a bunch of DC gear and went to an event. He said it was the best sports event he had ever been to. Hopefully they will come out even stronger next season.
    MrThortan
    NET Veteran

Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:09 pm
  • MrThortan wrote:That news really bummed me out. I really wanted them to finish the season. Personally, I was really enjoying the games. I have a friend who bought a bunch of DC gear and went to an event. He said it was the best sports event he had ever been to. Hopefully they will come out even stronger next season.

It was decent football that helped fill the void. The league was starting to carve out
    it’s hardcore fan base and could have began to build off of that. Sadly they’re gonna have to start from scratch again next year and I don’t think five weeks was enough to reel everyone in.
    AirStrike
    NET Rookie

Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:50 pm
  • It's really hard to pull off spring football. Too much competition for fans/viewers from the other sports.
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:43 pm
  • sutz wrote:It's really hard to pull off spring football. Too much competition for fans/viewers from the other sports.

It was working here and a few other cities.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:01 pm
  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    sutz wrote:It's really hard to pull off spring football. Too much competition for fans/viewers from the other sports.

It was working here and a few other cities.

St. Louis was doing really well, too.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:45 pm
  • Florio is saying that NFL directed all clubs not to even talk to XFL players once XFL made it publicly clear they were releasing them from contracts to sign with NFL.

When the XFL suspended operations last week, it authorized players to sign with NFL teams. The NFL, however, has told its teams not to do that.

A memo distributed to all NFL teams on Tuesday, a copy of which PFT obtained, explains that teams were notified on March 12 “that they were not permitted to discuss possible employment with players under contract to the XFL,” and that this “prohibition remains in effect.” The memo also explains that the NFL currently is working with the XFL to finalize procedures to permit NFL teams to sign XFL players.

The XFL’s position is that its players will be released from their contracts if a “credible contractual offer” is made by an NFL or CFL team, and if the offer is submitted to the XFL. Obviously, that’s not good enough for the NFL to give its teams the green light to sign players like Houston Roughnecks quarterback P.J. Walker (pictured) or other XFL standouts from a five-week season that ended amid the many sports cancellations prompted by the COVID-19 outbreak.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... l-players/
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:52 am
  • I was really looking forward to the playoffs.

It would have been amazing.

I enjoyed watching the Dragons games, even though we only won 1. But the football was much higher quality than I expected.

And the whole backstory of players that are still shooting for their dream, or were disregarded, or just caught up in crappy NCAA rules that prevented them from getting a chance....that is was worth watching too. Loved it. Almost everything about it, especially the fact I got football in Spring.

Hopefully, it all continues when this all blows over.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:15 pm
  • KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

It is currently Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:07 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE DRAGONS & XFL ]

Information