Tim Tebow Playing TE With Jags

Spohawks

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":22hc4o6m said:
Spohawks":22hc4o6m said:
Maelstrom787":22hc4o6m said:
Spohawks":22hc4o6m said:
To answer your question...The Jets did with Tebow.

No, they didn't. He wasn't the starting quarterback, and he didn't become the starting quarterback. You know why? Because he sucks ass and always did as a pro.

"He sucks and always did as a pro". Prove he sucked with the Jets...where it was 100% his fault.

Fyi...You can't. Just more random made up garage about Tebow. Admit the guy rocked for the Jets and call it a day.

He didn't rock. An 8 pass sample size shows absolutely nothing, and his Y/A on those 8 passes was 4.9, which is a horrendous figure that is beaten by some running backs on rushes.

I'm starting to actually believe you're serious here, which would be sad on several levels.
Who calls the play if its going to be a quick dump off or a deep pass? Thats on the coaches. They have designed 4-5 yard pass plays. If Tebow was throwing to the wrong hot receiver, rex would have cried about it. Again, Tebow didn't suck for the Jets and you have no proof to say he did.

Spohawks

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":26eoi2i3 said:
Spohawks":26eoi2i3 said:
XxXdragonXxX":26eoi2i3 said:
Spohawks":26eoi2i3 said:

The Jets made a decision based on a terrible career body of work, practice performance, and a below average performance as a gimmick wildcat player. They didn't let a stupid stat like 75% passing in a meseley 8 attempts cloud their judgment.

Meanwhile, you have dug your heals in to defend legitimately one of the worst starting QBs in NFL history, in order to make a point that if he were black the team would be called racist for cutting him (they wouldn't have, cause he sucked.)

Again, no team has ever cut a player for past stats from a previous team. So you are wrong about that one. Or show me a quote that proves other wise from any front office.

Answer this question honestly. Lets say Justin Fields hits on his first 6 for 8 passes, no fumbles and no interceptions...then gets pulled for a white QB. Will there be any talks of Racism in Chicago?

I can't wait for that answer!

Why don't we change the comparison to a more accurate one.

Let's say Fields sucks d*ck for Chicago, he's an absolute dumpster fire for 2 years. Chicago cuts him. He goes to another team that uses him as a gimmick wildcat player, never starts a game at QB for them, but throws 8 passes throughout the season and completes 6 of them. The team decides not to bring him back the next year. No that's not racist and nobody will think it's racist.

Now if Fields actually starts a game, goes 6 for 8 and the team pulled him mid game for no reason, MAYBE that would be racist. But that's not what happened with Tebow. He was never "pulled' for anyone. Mark Sanchez was the starter all along, Tebow was a gimmick player that only came in to run the stupid wildcat formation that was largely a failure for the Jets, they decided to move on from that gimmick.

You are completely warping what happened with Tebow in order to prove....I don't even know? That racism doesn't exist in the NFL? Or that the NFL is racist against white QBs? Your posts are so off the rocker I don't even know what you're trying to prove.

Why do you keep bringing up Denver? No GM/coach does. Have you noticed that you have to bring up crap that doesn't matter to make this insane idea work?

Again, give me 1 quote where any front office person brings up a player's past team performance for reasons to cut today?

Now lets get crazy accurate. Fields has no fumbles, no INTs and has the 75% in his first year with the Bears and then gets cut for a white guy...would the papers and media bring up racism? Take a stand, yes or no?

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
You're really delusional if you don't think NFL teams take past performance into consideration when making decisions. What do you thinks scouts are for?

If Fields gets cut in similar circumstances as Tebow. No, there absolutely won't be cries about racism because that would mean Fields was an awful QB and deserved to get cut just like Tebow deserved to. You keep bringing up these worthless stats like they mean anything. 8 passes as a wildcat QB means NOTHING.

Now I am done with this ridiculous argument.

Spohawks

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":207eb4pb said:
You're really delusional if you don't think NFL teams take past performance into consideration when making decisions. What do you thinks scouts are for?

If Fields gets cut in similar circumstances as Tebow. No, there absolutely won't be cries about racism because that would mean Fields was an awful QB and deserved to get cut just like Tebow deserved to. You keep bringing up these worthless stats like they mean anything. 8 passes as a wildcat QB means NOTHING.

You made false statements and couldn't give quotes to your claims...I would walk away too.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Spohawks":6s5n605p said:
Maelstrom787":6s5n605p said:
Spohawks":6s5n605p said:
Maelstrom787":6s5n605p said:
No, they didn't. He wasn't the starting quarterback, and he didn't become the starting quarterback. You know why? Because he sucks ass and always did as a pro.

"He sucks and always did as a pro". Prove he sucked with the Jets...where it was 100% his fault.

Fyi...You can't. Just more random made up garage about Tebow. Admit the guy rocked for the Jets and call it a day.

He didn't rock. An 8 pass sample size shows absolutely nothing, and his Y/A on those 8 passes was 4.9, which is a horrendous figure that is beaten by some running backs on rushes.

I'm starting to actually believe you're serious here, which would be sad on several levels.
Who calls the play if its going to be a quick dump off or a deep pass? Thats on the coaches. They have designed 4-5 yard pass plays. If Tebow was throwing to the wrong hot receiver, rex would have cried about it. Again, Tebow didn't suck for the Jets and you have no proof to say he did.

I don't give a shit who calls the play. I don't give a shit what the play was. The point is that completing 6 dump offs is not "playing at an all-pro level," and you need to go pick up a football basics book if you think otherwise.

Tebow has sucked ass his whole career. He sucked so much ass that he couldn't supplant Mark Sanchez. Again, the reason for that is because he can throw the ball only marginally better than the average skill position player, and that's exactly why he's playing tight end. He shouldn't even be playing that, to be honest, but Urban is a corny dude.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
Spohawks":27ri21hn said:
XxXdragonXxX":27ri21hn said:

You made false statements and couldn't give quotes to your claims...I would walk away too.

Ok I'll bite one more time.

Your whole argument is based on the false statement that Tebow lost his starting job with the Jets. He was never the starter. Then you claim he played at an all pro level, based on his meaningless stats as a gimmick player.

Let me put it another way for you. Mohamed Sanu was 7 of 8 for 233 yards and 4 TDs and 0 INTs as a passer. Do you think Sanu has performed at an all pro level as a QB? Is it racist that he hasn't won a starting QB job?

Ok now I'm done.

Spohawks

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":2rd80ene said:
Spohawks":2rd80ene said:
XxXdragonXxX":2rd80ene said:

Ok I'll bite one more time.

Your whole argument is based on the false statement that Tebow lost his starting job with the Jets. He was never the starter. Then you claim he played at an all pro level, based on his meaningless stats as a gimmick player.

Let me put it another way for you. Mohamed Sanu was 7 of 8 for 233 yards and 4 TDs and 0 INTs as a passer. Do you think Sanu has performed at an all pro level as a QB? Is it racist that he hasn't won a starting QB job?

Ok now I'm done.

Its no shock that you walk away while using false claims and goofy comparisons. Where did I say he was a starter? Never happened.

All of my stats were of him as a QB. He never had a title other then QB with the Jets.

Comparing a playoff winning QB to a WR is weird.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The uproar over Tebow is misplaced.

The argument was that Kap cannot play QB because of his time out of the league (which I do not agree with, I do think he would be a better backup than some backups in the NFL). Tebow has been out of the league for years, so letting him back in supposedly shows hypocrisy.

But Tebow is not coming back as a QB. Supposedly as a TE.

(In reality, Tebow was a joke as a QB in the NFL. He should have been a FB, something of a crappier Mike Alstott.)

The thing with Tebow is that he milks his religion. So he gets an army of morons that follow him wherever he goes. This is just an attempt to gin up interest and ticket sales with that base of morons.

Arguing over it is kind of pointless though because the average Tebow fan likely has an IQ 20-30 points below the avg room temperature where they live anyway.

It is a shameless promotion gimmick, nothing to do with improving the roster. It makes sense that they would sign a gimmick QB to be a gimmick TE, but maybe he can pull an Eric Bjornson to become a capable but non-spectacular tight-end.

Spohawks

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":adhchg84 said:
The uproar over Tebow is misplaced.

The argument was that Kap cannot play QB because of his time out of the league (which I do not agree with, I do think he would be a better backup than some backups in the NFL). Tebow has been out of the league for years, so letting him back in supposedly shows hypocrisy.

But Tebow is not coming back as a QB. Supposedly as a TE.

(In reality, Tebow was a joke as a QB in the NFL. He should have been a FB, something of a crappier Mike Alstott.)

The thing with Tebow is that he milks his religion. So he gets an army of morons that follow him wherever he goes. This is just an attempt to gin up interest and ticket sales with that base of morons.

Arguing over it is kind of pointless though because the average Tebow fan likely has an IQ 20-30 points below the avg room temperature where they live anyway.

It is a shameless promotion gimmick, nothing to do with improving the roster. It makes sense that they would sign a gimmick QB to be a gimmick TE, but maybe he can pull an Eric Bjornson to become a capable but non-spectacular tight-end.
DANG!!!! Point to the place on this doll where Tebow hurt you!

I never thought I could hear a grown man cry through a post but now I know its possible.

I would shut you down on most of those topics but I think you need support more than anything right now.

When you are trying to make comparisons, think of a young Antonio Gates meets a proven playoff winning QB. Plenty of QB winning experience with little TE experience...with plenty of skill to give away.

If Trevor goes down and Tebow steps in, I call dibs on paying for your next shrink session.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Spo,

When the only thing you can do to defend Tebow is make a joke about sex abuse, you probably know he sucks too.

I get it. I mean, does Tebow even HAVE NFL accomplishments?

He did 'win' that playoff game for Denver. That might really have been primarily the defense and the altitude as I recall....

So it makes sense you would have nothing you can turn to defend one of the worst QBs to ever start in the NFL.

I honestly don't mind Tebow that much. He milks his religion but given his background that makes sense.

It is the pack of religious nutjobs that constantly swarms and defends him that is the real problem.
(Nothing wrong with being religious/spiritual but nobody likes a religious nutjob no matter who you pray to)

The people that think God is his co-pilot. (Which is funny because if he sucks this bad at QB with God helping him...imagine how terrible at QB he would be naturally?)

Either way, Jesus didn't help him be an even adequate NFL QB, he likely won't help him be an adequate NFL TE either.

I get why they think TE, since he threw more like a TE than a QB. But he probably catches the ball more like a QB than a TE. Unlikely to be a great recipe for NFL success.

It will be fun to watch his army of morons kneel in prayer each time he drops a pass though.

Spohawks

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":x3mnq96v said:
Spo,

When the only thing you can do to defend Tebow is make a joke about $ex abuse, you probably know he sucks too.

I get it. I mean, does Tebow even HAVE NFL accomplishments?

He did 'win' that playoff game for Denver. That might really have been primarily the defense and the altitude as I recall....

So it makes sense you would have nothing you can turn to defend one of the worst QBs to ever start in the NFL.

I honestly don't mind Tebow that much. He milks his religion but given his background that makes sense.

It is the pack of religious nutjobs that constantly swarms and defends him that is the real problem.
(Nothing wrong with being religious/spiritual but nobody likes a religious nutjob no matter who you pray to)

The people that think God is his co-pilot. (Which is funny because if he sucks this bad at QB with God helping him...imagine how terrible at QB he would be naturally?)

Either way, Jesus didn't help him be an even adequate NFL QB, he likely won't help him be an adequate NFL TE either.

I get why they think TE, since he threw more like a TE than a QB. But he probably catches the ball more like a QB than a TE. Unlikely to be a great recipe for NFL success.

It will be fun to watch his army of morons kneel in prayer each time he drops a pass though.

I am catching a ton of rambling and anti Christian statements from you but little to no substance. If you can't stand Tebow because he is going to Heaven and you are not, just get it off your chest and say it.

Does Tim have NFL accomplishments? Clearly he does. What are the big 3 every team wants? Have a winning season, win in the playoffs and win the Super Bowl. He has accomplished 2 out of the 3.

Most teams would kill for that, however most teams will be seating at home during the playoffs...but Tebow wasn't, he was out there winning in the playoffs

Would you say Trevor Lawrence sucks? No? He haven't even had a snap yet and you will not label him as sucking, right? Trevor has accomplished NOTHING. However Tebow has the highest completion rate in Jets QB history, least Interceptions in Jets QB history and least fumbles in Jets QB history...sounds like Jesus put Tim in the record books. Nobody is complaining but you

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Pretty sure Jesus does not like Tebow either.

Tebow is tarnishing the brand you know....

But again, it is not Tebow that is the problem but his army of proselytizing vermin with sub 80 IQs that infest stadiums where teams are foolish enough to start him. They can all hold hands, sing songs, twist their promise rings, and everything else - but it ain't going to make Tebow anything more than a garbage gimmick NFL player.

Honestly, Jesus is probably more tired of Tebow crap than the rest of us. I mean, would you want your name tied to some subpar player that kept insisting you were the reason he was even getting playing time?

Spohawks

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2xw85inz said:
Pretty sure Jesus does not like Tebow either.

Tebow is tarnishing the brand you know....

But again, it is not Tebow that is the problem but his army of proselytizing vermin with sub 80 IQs that infest stadiums where teams are foolish enough to start him. They can all hold hands, sing songs, twist their promise rings, and everything else - but it ain't going to make Tebow anything more than a garbage gimmick NFL player.

Honestly, Jesus is probably more tired of Tebow crap than the rest of us. I mean, would you want your name tied to some subpar player that kept insisting you were the reason he was even getting playing time?
Jesus is pretty big on passing any glory on to God, so I can see how he would not prefer to soak up the lime light.

So you say Tebow is trash and gimmicky, his play will be the final word on that. What kind of TE stats will you have to see out of him this year to be considered a success?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
This is reading like the ramblings of someone laboring with paranoid delusions, and I hope you seek help.

In the meantime, though, I'm content to just laugh at this. Heh.

Chapow

Reaction score
Spohawks":kubwo44f said:
However Tebow has the highest completion rate in Jets QB history, least Interceptions in Jets QB history and least fumbles in Jets QB history...sounds like Jesus put Tim in the record books. Nobody is complaining but you

This is incorrect. Mark Malone was a QB for the Jets in 1989 and had a 100% completion rate with 0 interceptions and 0 fumbles. However, no one with a lick of sense would argue that he was playing at an all pro level because of his miniscule sample size of 2 for 2 for 13 yards.

Tebow does however hold the record for least TD passes in Jets QB history with 0.

You know who has thrown more TD's in the NFL than Tebow did with the Jets? Any player who has ever thrown a TD pass in the NFL.

It's pretty absurd to pretend like sample size doesn't matter. Or would you agree that Mark Malone was clearly a better QB than Tebow due to his significantly higher completion percentage and his equally amazing record setting accomplishment of 0 interceptions and 0 fumbles?

Spohawks

Reaction score
Chapow":2ystusun said:
Spohawks":2ystusun said:
However Tebow has the highest completion rate in Jets QB history, least Interceptions in Jets QB history and least fumbles in Jets QB history...sounds like Jesus put Tim in the record books. Nobody is complaining but you

This is incorrect. Mark Malone was a QB for the Jets in 1989 and had a 100% completion rate with 0 interceptions and 0 fumbles. However, no one with a lick of sense would argue that he was playing at an all pro level because of his miniscule sample size of 2 for 2 for 13 yards.

Tebow does however hold the record for least TD passes in Jets QB history with 0.

You know who has thrown more TD's in the NFL than Tebow did with the Jets? Any player who has ever thrown a TD pass in the NFL.

It's pretty absurd to pretend like sample size doesn't matter. Or would you agree that Mark Malone was clearly a better QB than Tebow due to his significantly higher completion percentage and his equally amazing record setting accomplishment of 0 interceptions and 0 fumbles?
Strong work!! I stand corrected. However Tebow doesn't hold the lowest TD record for a QB, he shares it with Mr. Malone. Still though, nice research!

pmedic920

Reaction score
Spohawks":1is5y72b said:
XxXdragonXxX":1is5y72b said:
Spohawks":1is5y72b said:
Maelstrom787":1is5y72b said:
What team have you ever heard of that made a decision based on completion percentage in an 8 play sample size?

This is hall of fame level trolling

The Jets made a decision based on a terrible career body of work, practice performance, and a below average performance as a gimmick wildcat player. They didn't let a stupid stat like 75% passing in a meseley 8 attempts cloud their judgment.

Meanwhile, you have dug your heals in to defend legitimately one of the worst starting QBs in NFL history, in order to make a point that if he were black the team would be called racist for cutting him (they wouldn't have, cause he sucked.)

Again, no team has ever cut a player for past stats from a previous team. So you are wrong about that one. Or show me a quote that proves other wise from any front office.

Answer this question honestly. Lets say Justin Fields hits on his first 6 for 8 passes, no fumbles and no interceptions...then gets pulled for a white QB. Will there be any talks of Racism in Chicago?

I can't wait for that answer!

It’s the climate Bro, there is talks of “racism” everywhere.
Talking about racism, making accusations of racism does not necessarily mean that it existed or was the reason something happened.

You’re probably correct that there would be talks of racism in your scenario, wouldn’t surprise me one bit, because that’s just what folks do these days.

The NFL is 100% about winning football games.
You will never get me to believe that a less capable player is on the field because of his skin color.
I’d concede that it probably happened in years gone by but not recently.
Specifically speaking about QBs, I’m sure in the early years of the NFL that there were way too many instances of white guys getting “the start” when they weren’t the best player available.
No way that’s happening today, winning is simply to important.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
To be a success, the bar for production does not have to be high.

Maybe he can still be a gadget guy at the goal line. If he scores TDs then he is useful to the roster. Not much upside due to his age, but you are taking TDs where you can get them.

Nobody should have a problem with someone wanting to work to realize their dreams. I don't begrudge Tebow for continuing to try.

The problem isn't even really him but his repugnant entourage of fans. That is the issue, the benefits have to outweigh whatever chaos that cloud of dumb creates.

And there is the other issue with the other players, what does that do to team chemistry?

We already had our own issue with a Marshawn faction and a Wilson faction in our locker room where the factions create schisms. This would be so much worse. Even greater considering Tebow was ounce a QB and might try to continue to play a leadership role on a team that does not need or want that from him.

If Tebow is a gadget H-back that scores TDs, great. But even if Tebow ends up producing as a bang average NFL TE, would that really be enough to make up for the circus of freaks sure cause distractions?

If somehow Tebow can discourage that crowd from following him, and it might not even be his fault but he did seem to encourage if not cultivate it, then maybe he can worthwhile. But honestly, even a gadget H-back years removed from football is going to have trouble getting back into effective form so upside seems pretty limited.

As a roster move to build a winning team it makes little sense. But if the whole point is just to sell tickets and merch to the brigade of fools that follow him? Then it makes more sense.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Back on topic folks, any more talk about religion and this thread is getting locked, per forum rules.