Tim Tebow Playing TE With Jags

ryank24

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":160i8u5e said:
To be a success, the bar for production does not have to be high.

Maybe he can still be a gadget guy at the goal line. If he scores TDs then he is useful to the roster. Not much upside due to his age, but you are taking TDs where you can get them.

Nobody should have a problem with someone wanting to work to realize their dreams. I don't begrudge Tebow for continuing to try.

The problem isn't even really him but his repugnant entourage of fans. That is the issue, the benefits have to outweigh whatever chaos that cloud of dumb creates.

And there is the other issue with the other players, what does that do to team chemistry?

We already had our own issue with a Marshawn faction and a Wilson faction in our locker room where the factions create schisms. This would be so much worse. Even greater considering Tebow was ounce a QB and might try to continue to play a leadership role on a team that does not need or want that from him.

If Tebow is a gadget H-back that scores TDs, great. But even if Tebow ends up producing as a bang average NFL TE, would that really be enough to make up for the circus of freaks sure cause distractions?

If somehow Tebow can discourage that crowd from following him, and it might not even be his fault but he did seem to encourage if not cultivate it, then maybe he can worthwhile. But honestly, even a gadget H-back years removed from football is going to have trouble getting back into effective form so upside seems pretty limited.

As a roster move to build a winning team it makes little sense. But if the whole point is just to sell tickets and merch to the brigade of fools that follow him? Then it makes more sense.

I think the move was probably heavily motivated to sell tickets, rather than for his limited upside as a 33 year old playing TE for the first time. And while his crazy national fans are probably going to come out crawling out of their holes, I think it's more likely the Jags are bringing back this local hero. The guy played for the University of Florida, won a Heisman trophy, and 2 national championships down there, all while playing for their new head coach.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
In 2012, Golden Tate completed 100% of his passes. Every single one went for a touchdown, with an average Y/A of 23 and a perfect passer rating of 158.3.

He was playing at an ALL PRO LEVEL!!

KinesProf

Reaction score
I highly doubt he makes the team. There's just no way there isn't someone young with upside who will make for a better investment of a roster spot at TE 3/4.

Tebow was an excellent college football player, no doubt. But man, his fans have always seemed almost cultish. There's been plenty of superstar college QBs, and a number of them have become far superior professionals -Newton, Vick, Mayfield, Manning; but there certainly don't have as oddly passionate of a fan base.

Somehow he's become America's make -a-wish kid where he's given the opportunity to try a bunch of stuff that he isn't particularly good at.

Seems like a decent hardworking man though.

Spohawks

Reaction score
KinesProf":tix51r68 said:
I highly doubt he makes the team. There's just no way there isn't someone young with upside who will make for a better investment of a roster spot at TE 3/4.

Tebow was an excellent college football player, no doubt. But man, his fans have always seemed almost cultish. There's been plenty of superstar college QBs, and a number of them have become far superior professionals -Newton, Vick, Mayfield, Manning; but there certainly don't have as oddly passionate of a fan base.

Somehow he's become America's make -a-wish kid where he's given the opportunity to try a bunch of stuff that he isn't particularly good at.

Seems like a decent hardworking man though.

Unless he ultra sucks at TE, he will make the team. Whoever is their 3rd string QB is not going to be a ton better then Tebow. I have a strong feeling Tebow will be their 3rd string QB...but they won't tell the media.

Spohawks

Reaction score
After looking at the Jags QB depth, they don't look all that bad. The 3rd string guy had 6 TDs and no INTs last year. So maybe Tebow makes the emergency QB position...4th string.

Spohawks

Reaction score
If you can't hear the "Put in Tebow" chants now...you are not listening!

The best thing to happen to the Jags is that they used the 1st pick on a QB, this will buy them some time.

I go back and forth on this one but I am going to throw it out there. Tim Tebow is the Babe Ruth of football. He has more fans from other fan bases then any other player. They shuffled Babe out there when he was not the best option. Don't be surprised AT ALL if Tebow gets a few snaps under center at some point next year.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Spohawks":2q86yk7r said:

The best thing to happen to the Jags is that they used the 1st pick on a QB, this will buy them some time.

I go back and forth on this one but I am going to throw it out there. Tim Tebow is the Babe Ruth of football. He has more fans from other fan bases then any other player. They shuffled Babe out there when he was not the best option. Don't be surprised AT ALL if Tebow gets a few snaps under center at some point next year.

Donkospurt...Is that you?

pmedic920

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":37lxy0qa said:
In 2012, Golden Tate completed 100% of his passes. Every single one went for a touchdown, with an average Y/A of 23 and a perfect passer rating of 158.3.

He was playing at an ALL PRO LEVEL!!

According to what’s his face, that makes Tate a first ballot HOFer @qb

pmedic920

Reaction score
rjdriver":3ec9d8jp said:
Spohawks":3ec9d8jp said:

Donkospurt...Is that you?

Jagospurt.
:{)

Better yet, “TebowSpurt”

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
The Jags have to see something in Tebow to make him a throwing target for a qb who's considered to be the best generational talent since Luck or Manning.

Lawrence throws one a little high or low? It'll be on whatever eligible receiver to catch it, and if they don't the blame will filter back to the QB.

The Jags know this, and they probably already know some of their newer receivers won't instantly grasp this. Therefore the main reason Tebow's there is because the team perceives Tebow as someone with a decent chance of accomplishing this.

MrFINCH

Reaction score
Spohawks":1852r2qg said:
pmedic920":1852r2qg said:
Spohawks":1852r2qg said:
He was brought in and completed 75% of his passes for the Jets, and then the Jets pulled him...WHAT????

Can you name another QB that was treated like that? Nah, thats just pure hate...plain and simple.

If they did that to an African American QB, it would be called racist.

If he earns that TE spot, he earns it. May the best man win!

You mentioned “division” recently in another thread.

Then you comment here suggesting “racist”/racism and “hate”.
Do you have an agenda?

Agenda? Just to be a straight shooter.

"Hate" If a team brings a guy in and he does the job at an All-Pro level (Completes 75% of his passes) but then pulls him. Was their agenda to win games, or did Rex Ryan hate him so much that he was going to pull him no matter what?

"Racist" You tell me...what will the response be in Chicago if Justin Fields is cut after completing 75% of his passes for a white QB? (Tim was cut for Geno Smith)
Be real, the racist discussion would be on the table.

The last thing I am doing is being controversial, its 2021, hate and racism is the #1 and #2 topics in the world. Its just sad a classy guy like Tebow (or anyone) has to deal with hate!

75% huh? He was 6-8 for like 50 yards and sacked twice in 2 games, ran the ball 32 times also.. he was playing alright but playing quarterback at an "All Pro Level" is about the most ridiculous thing Ive heard. Ever.

chris98251

Reaction score
HellaciousSloth":1nfh5g5m said:
Spohawks":1nfh5g5m said:
pmedic920":1nfh5g5m said:
Spohawks":1nfh5g5m said:
He was brought in and completed 75% of his passes for the Jets, and then the Jets pulled him...WHAT????

Can you name another QB that was treated like that? Nah, thats just pure hate...plain and simple.

If they did that to an African American QB, it would be called racist.

If he earns that TE spot, he earns it. May the best man win!

You mentioned “division” recently in another thread.

Then you comment here suggesting “racist”/racism and “hate”.
Do you have an agenda?

Agenda? Just to be a straight shooter.

"Hate" If a team brings a guy in and he does the job at an All-Pro level (Completes 75% of his passes) but then pulls him. Was their agenda to win games, or did Rex Ryan hate him so much that he was going to pull him no matter what?

"Racist" You tell me...what will the response be in Chicago if Justin Fields is cut after completing 75% of his passes for a white QB? (Tim was cut for Geno Smith)
Be real, the racist discussion would be on the table.

The last thing I am doing is being controversial, its 2021, hate and racism is the #1 and #2 topics in the world. Its just sad a classy guy like Tebow (or anyone) has to deal with hate!

75% huh? He was 6-8 for like 50 yards and sacked twice in 2 games, ran the ball 32 times also.. he was playing alright but playing quarterback at an "All Pro Level" is about the most ridiculous thing Ive heard. Ever.

You need to read more posts, there is far more that are ridiculous............

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Why are people upset at Tebow's religiosity? Look, Russell Wilson literal Twitter bio is "I want to Love like Jesus" and no one is upset.

When Tebow was a thing, that sentiment was even more pronounced. Hell, the University of Colorado football coach was a giant Quiverfull-type guy, and that was accepted as long as he kept doing a good job. And this was Boulder.

If Tebow's seen by what remains of these Quiverfull-type people who buy his shirts, who cares? Really, no one will if he sucks on the field.

Spohawks

Reaction score
He earned it! Nice Job Tebow!

Honestly the haters should be happy. Who else was on you mid May hate list? Nobody!

Tebow is and has been NFL material!

toffee

Reaction score
Spohawks":3vbgpkrj said:
He earned it! Nice Job Tebow!

Honestly the haters should be happy. Who else was on you mid May hate list? Nobody!

Tebow is and has been NFL material!
so said the guy that are for drafting dudes that CHOOSES to get stabbed multiple time, because that's his call?

Own The West

Reaction score
I like Tim Tebow, but think he's a lousy QB. Does that make me a hater?

Just curious what the black and white crowd think, or is there some gray area after all?