The 49ers excuses thread

Ramfan128

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":tonjm6pj said:
Ramfan128":tonjm6pj said:
Not sure if any of y'all have listened to the flying coach podcast but Schrager and McVay had Shanahan on the other day.

Confirmed that the Niners were interested in Stafford and KS wasn't happy that the Rams got him.

Hilarious because on another board had a Niners fan swear the Niners weren't interested in him when I suggested their draft trade wasnt their first choice.

My concern with Staff isn't that he's an oft-hurt warrior that'll continue trying to grade it out and suffer.

It's that he does that, has done that and is getting older.

He might be out gutting for you and not on the report. But for how long? Brady's the unicorn here. Everyone else is more like Drew Brees at best.

If the plan only is to play him legit healthy and if he was, I'd think you'd have a threat there.

But we're talking some warrior-type like Brees. Broken back, don't care. Broken fingers and ribs, not a problem, don't even think I need the Toradol doc. But then you see the decline in performance.

We'll see. He's mostly played 16 games in his career, and the Rams have consistently been healthier than most teams. At some point that goes from luck to the training staff/coaches doing something right.

If you go back and look at all our games last year, IMO we win 10 games and a playoff game with Wolford last year - so we have a backup who we can a few with if Stafford does need to sit out a week or two.

chris98251

Reaction score
Ramfan128":31g2gixh said:
SantaClaraHawk":31g2gixh said:
Ramfan128":31g2gixh said:
Not sure if any of y'all have listened to the flying coach podcast but Schrager and McVay had Shanahan on the other day.

Confirmed that the Niners were interested in Stafford and KS wasn't happy that the Rams got him.

Hilarious because on another board had a Niners fan swear the Niners weren't interested in him when I suggested their draft trade wasnt their first choice.

My concern with Staff isn't that he's an oft-hurt warrior that'll continue trying to grade it out and suffer.

It's that he does that, has done that and is getting older.

He might be out gutting for you and not on the report. But for how long? Brady's the unicorn here. Everyone else is more like Drew Brees at best.

If the plan only is to play him legit healthy and if he was, I'd think you'd have a threat there.

But we're talking some warrior-type like Brees. Broken back, don't care. Broken fingers and ribs, not a problem, don't even think I need the Toradol doc. But then you see the decline in performance.

We'll see. He's mostly played 16 games in his career, and the Rams have consistently been healthier than most teams. At some point that goes from luck to the training staff/coaches doing something right.

If you go back and look at all our games last year, IMO we win 10 games and a playoff game with Wolford last year - so we have a backup who we can a few with if Stafford does need to sit out a week or two.

I liked what I seen from Wolford, think you have a Gem possibly, now can you keep him, back ups that win playoff games are few and far between and I am sure he is feeling he should be a starter someplace, Stafford is the guy and you are not displacing him, he had a better chance of displacing Goff.

OP
OP
UK_Seahawk

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Saw Jimmy G interviewed on NFL network yesterday, he was put under pressure by the last question and so he attempted to pass the mike back but it got intercepted.

Marvin49

Reaction score
94Smith":1rpw2r5j said:
Jimmy G may not even be the starter week 1. All reports from camp are that Lance is very impressive. We'll see when the preseason games are played, but very much looking forward to watching them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLSwXCyBRLs

The reviews of Lance are off the charts so far (almost too much to be honest), but I'm not gonna boast or get too excited about practice. :) Lets see if it carries into games.

94Smith

Reaction score
Yeah I'm trying to not get too excited. Mistakes and errors are much more amplified when there is an actual pass rush that can take you down or knock your arm

Marvin49

Reaction score
94Smith":351pylq3 said:
Yeah I'm trying to not get too excited. Mistakes and errors are much more amplified when there is an actual pass rush that can take you down or knock your arm

Very true.

I mean what I'm hearing is pretty much exactly what you would want to hear about a rookie QB...Athleticism off charts, studies like crazy, getting the attention of the entire team, applying what he learns to the field, etc. etc.

The big thing tho...you can't fool players. Its really the other players that are awestruck right now and the coaches seem to be trying to say "slow down, not so fast".

I've heard all kinds of comparisons to Wilson and Mahomes in their first camps. Before Seattle fans have a cow, I'm not saying that, but those are the some of the reports that are coming out. I'm SURE alot of that is hyperbole, but its ALOT better than hearing the opposite.

Can't wait to see him live.