The 49ers Really Botched The QB Spot This Year

Marvin49

Reaction score
ArlosSpecial":17lpkr5l said:
Marvin49":17lpkr5l said:
CPHawk":17lpkr5l said:
Marvin49":17lpkr5l said:
So I wanted to try a little experiment.

Name the QB from their first NFL Start....

13-19, 150 yards, 0 TDs, 1 INT, 26 carries, 119 yards rushing
18-34, 153 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, 8 carries, 20 yards rushing
6-15, 74 yards, 0TDs, 0 INT, 4 carries, 26 yards rushing
15-29, 192 yards, 0TDs, 1 INT, 16 carries, 89 yards rushing
23-45, 309 yards, 1 TD, 3 INTs, 2 carries, 9 yards rushing
16-27, 167 yards, 0 TD, 0 INT, 10 carries, 60 yards rushing
12-23, 102 yards, 1 TD, 1INT, 2 carries, 16 yards rushing

The point I'm making is not that Trey will be a superstar. I'm simply making the point about how dumb it is to draw conclusions on a QB in his first career start in his rookie season.

Guy is already hurt. He won’t be a superstar, because he will be to beat up.

Wasn't even close to an answer to the question I asked.
His neck got permanently shortened 3 inches by that head first eyes to the ground dumb injury risk dive that got stuffed. $h!t was embarrassing to watch I had 2 reactions. I cringed and then I smiled :49ersmall: :0190l:
Dude needs to learn how to live to play another down and slide or he won't have a career period
As to those stats you posted it doesn't matter because most came into a dumpster fire. The 49ers still have a playoff caliber defense but by the time Lance is ready that could be like 4 years down the road, the defense will have run it's course. He isn't ready now and with his funky motion and smaller hand size I can't even picture him changing all that. He stinks like $h!t dawg

Lol.

I’ll give you a hint. One of them is Russell Wilson. Lol.

Judging a QB in his first start is simply ludicrous.

…..but please, troll on. It’s all that you are good at.

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
Marvin49":1cvd8k1n said:
ArlosSpecial":1cvd8k1n said:
Marvin49":1cvd8k1n said:
CPHawk":1cvd8k1n said:
Guy is already hurt. He won’t be a superstar, because he will be to beat up.

His neck got permanently shortened 3 inches by that head first eyes to the ground dumb injury risk dive that got stuffed. $h!t was embarrassing to watch I had 2 reactions. I cringed and then I smiled :49ersmall: :0190l:
Dude needs to learn how to live to play another down and slide or he won't have a career period
As to those stats you posted it doesn't matter because most came into a dumpster fire. The 49ers still have a playoff caliber defense but by the time Lance is ready that could be like 4 years down the road, the defense will have run it's course. He isn't ready now and with his funky motion and smaller hand size I can't even picture him changing all that. He stinks like $h!t dawg

Lol.

But all those dudes know how to throw a spiral guy

Marvin49

Reaction score
ArlosSpecial":2qumexzp said:
Marvin49":2qumexzp said:
ArlosSpecial":2qumexzp said:
Marvin49":2qumexzp said:

Lol.

35c58a0fe683faed987f894b85afe023

chris98251

Reaction score
Marvin49":kdupyku1 said:
ArlosSpecial":kdupyku1 said:
Marvin49":kdupyku1 said:
ArlosSpecial":kdupyku1 said:

Lol.

Oh look he has a DK Metcalf Doll.

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
chris98251":2nekhioq said:
Marvin49":2nekhioq said:
ArlosSpecial":2nekhioq said:
Marvin49":2nekhioq said:
Lol.

Oh look he has a DK Metcalf Doll.
He's a closet Hawk.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Just in case you guys were curious....

Lamar Jackson: 13-19, 150 yards, 0 TDs, 1 INT, 26 carries, 119 yards rushing
Russell WIlson: 18-34, 153 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, 8 carries, 20 yards rushing
Josh Allen: 6-15, 74 yards, 0TDs, 0 INT, 4 carries, 26 yards rushing
Trey Lance: 15-29, 192 yards, 0TDs, 1 INT, 16 carries, 89 yards rushing
Andrew Luck: 23-45, 309 yards, 1 TD, 3 INTs, 2 carries, 9 yards rushing
Steve Young: 16-27, 167 yards, 0 TD, 0 INT, 10 carries, 60 yards rushing
Deshaun Watson: 12-23, 102 yards, 1 TD, 1INT, 2 carries, 16 yards rushing

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
What about Ryan Leaf, Tim Couch and Jamarcus Russell? Were their numbers similar to Trey "Kaep 2.0" Lance?
I honestly don't know didn't look it up

Marvin49

Reaction score
FYI Arlos, you are officially on my ignore list. :lol:

chris98251

Reaction score
Marvin49":3qnp70xn said:

Hopefully the kid gets to step back when Jimmy Ho gets back and can evaluate what he has experienced and get better and some more coaching, sample size experience should not develop bad habits. But he has got some trial by fire reps and knows what he has to step up to now.

94Smith

Reaction score
I wish they would play him under center more, with play action. He did quite a bit of that in SD. I am worried. His delivery and accuracy is scary. I am glad Jimmy is coming back. I really think if 10 was under center we would have won one of the last two games.

Marvin49

Reaction score
chris98251":33vxwexx said:
Marvin49":33vxwexx said:

Hopefully the kid gets to step back when Jimmy Ho gets back and can evaluate what he has experienced and get better and some more coaching, sample size experience should not develop bad habits. But he has got some trial by fire reps and knows what he has to step up to now.

Honestly that's why I never took issue with them keeping Jimmy.

I kept readin stuff like "you don't use three first round picks to leave a guy on the bench" as if that was written on biblical text or something.

CLEARLY, they did exactly that.

And now we see the rook isn't ready, which has been clear from the start and as Shanahan has been saying ALL ALONG.

There is a part of me that would like to see Lance start the rest of the season. A big part. However, I also don't want to ruin him putting him in there before he's ready.

I guess you could say I'm of two minds on it right now.

Marvin49

Reaction score
94Smith":2xvmy19i said:
I wish they would play him under center more, with play action. He did quite a bit of that in SD. I am worried. His delivery and accuracy is scary. I am glad Jimmy is coming back. I really think if 10 was under center we would have won one of the last two games.

I do too, but according to Shanahan, being under center in many instances removes him as a run threat. It not just about him actually running...but the THREAT of him running that opens space.

flv

Reaction score
He may be a greater rushing threat in the pistol but his weakness as a passer diminishes that rushing threat, (as demonstrated towards the end of the Cardinals game). The 49ers should be taking away his scrambling safety blanket and forcing him to develop as a passer. Obviously this should be done on the training field and NOT in NFL games. He shouldn't play in 2021. I wish him well but i'd be really worried if I was a 49ers fan. I'm not convinced he'll be ready for 2022, in which case the 49ers may have to keep Garoppolo for another season. It's still early and the 49ers can delay making a decision about Garoppolo until 2022 preseason ends.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
The play calling was sabotage E.

The early script was a lot of empty and a lot of Lance throwing. It seems like you would want to insulate him with a running game, under center, and protect the green QB. To add on to this they were running things like QB Power, QB draw,, in the middle of the field, on 1st down, not at the goal line. Who does this?

What I think is going on here is management wants Kyle to play the rookie. Kyle is trying to prove a point and say look, he isn't ready. That's the only way that gameplan makes any sense in his first start.

Kyle is right, he isn't ready, but he didn't need to do him like that.

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
Fade":3n6x96aj said:

The early script was a lot of empty and a lot of Lance throwing. It seems like you would want to insulate him with a running game, under center, and protect the green QB. To add on to this they were running things like QB Power, QB draw,, in the middle of the field, on 1st down, not at the goal line. Who does this?

What I think is going on here is management wants Kyle to play the rookie. Kyle is trying to prove a point and say look, he isn't ready. That's the only way that gameplan makes any sense in his first start.

Do him like what? We all thought his strengths were his athletic ability. Kyle called plays that would cater to his strength which is creating plays we thought. Boy were we wrong..... he isn't ready now and by the looks of it he may never be ready at this level. This isn't North Dakota State where you can look good against a bunch of slow white dudes this is the big boy league. Lynch built a ten minute super bowl window and you got your fudge packed by the league's worst defense then Jimmy faked another injury like last year lol

rlkats

Reaction score
ArlosSpecial":n8kos116 said:
Fade":n8kos116 said:

Do him like what? We all thought his strengths were his athletic ability. Kyle called plays that would cater to his strength which is creating plays we thought. Boy were we wrong..... he isn't ready now and by the looks of it he may never be ready at this level. This isn't North Dakota State where you can look good against a bunch of slow white dudes this is the big boy league. Lynch built a ten minute super bowl window and you got your fudge packed by the league's worst defense then Jimmy faked another injury like last year lol

Wow you missed you calling. You have a gift for spewing BS. You got from one game Lance is a bust? Man how come you not a draft expert making millions setting teams up? Oh wait your just another armchair GM. On a serious subject, I agree with Fade about management wanting Trey to start and are forcing things. I read an article suggesting that Kyle still wanted Mac and now Kyle has lost interest in this team because he is being told who he has to play and has very little say. I’m not saying I buy it but is a possibility. But then again who knows we’re not in the room.

I do know one thing, Trey needs a ton of work and is not ready to be a every down QB. He is a great athlete just not a QB yet per Steve Young, which I agree with.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AroundTheNFL/status/1450922983887802368[/tweet]

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
Jville":6tj5zp66 said:
I guess he wasn't injured after all he had a boo boo on his leg. He's a wussy. The thing is he fakes an injury almost every year. Aside from that is the fact that Trey Lance was a horrible pick by Lynch. John Lynch has the biggest ego in that front office he's already trying to place blame on the scouting. SF will continue to waste away their above average defense on FCS quarterback play from Jimmy Wobbleoppolo or Lance

Stud

Reaction score
ArlosSpecial":nnit34az said:
Jville":nnit34az said:
I guess he wasn't injured after all he had a boo boo on his leg. He's a wussy. The thing is he fakes an injury almost every year. Aside from that is the fact that Trey Lance was a horrible pick by Lynch. John Lynch has the biggest ego in that front office he's already trying to place blame on the scouting. SF will continue to waste away their above average defense on FCS quarterback play from Jimmy Wobbleoppolo or Lance

I feel like I'm reading a 5th graders show and tell story with the immaturity of your posts. Wobbleoppolo? Where do you come up with this s---?