49ers are 5-5 their fans have them winning the super bowl

olyfan63

Reaction score
Marvin49":so7613js said:
olyfan63":so7613js said:
Who are the real Niners? The ones the Seahawks bulldozed a few weeks ago, or the team that bulldozed the Rams and seem to be on a hot streak? They are 6-5 now and playing well enough they could easily finish with 10 wins and maybe even have a home playoff game.

I'd say neither.

Not sure I'd say the Seahawks bulldozed the 49ers. 49ers were playing very well before Jimmy got hurt, and then Lance clearly wasn't ready. They couldn't really move the ball after that till late in effectively garbage time.

As for the Rams, the 49ers are just a really bad matchup problem for McVay. It was nice to see, but I wasn't shocked by it.

I think they are getting their legs under them but I don't really think they are as bad or as good as the last several weeks.

I could absolutely see them losing to the Seahawks this weekend.
Well, by the standards of the Seahawks this season, it was our highest quality win. Really it was just that the Hawks won the turnover battle, 2-0. Without that, Niners probably win.

I'd be already counting the upcoming Niners game as an L for the Hawks, except that Pete Carroll has this way of pulling victories out of his ass against divisional opponents, especially the 49ers, just when it looks like all is lost.

Should be interesting. Several potential post-game headlines in play...
* 49ers establish playoff-worthiness, win tough road game in Seattle
* 49ers roll, pin another loss on down-and-out Seahawks
* Pete Carroll loses to 49ers, changes name to Yugo Brakeson, admits game has passed him by, retires
* Wilson, Hawks regain lost form against 49ers, too late to save their season

I think it will again come down to whoever wins the turnover battle.

snackdaddy

Reaction score
ArlosSpecial":d5y0cgef said:
Stud":d5y0cgef said:
SantaClaraHawk":d5y0cgef said:
94Smith":d5y0cgef said:
My gosh, the Seahawks season is blowing up in their (your) face and their future looks questionable yet you can't stop trash talking about the 49ers, who aren't even the main threat to the success of the Seahawks in the future. (see Rams and Cardinals)

49ers are not going to make the Superbowl and likely will not make the playoffs, but they are better than the Seahawks right now and have had more recent success than the Seahawks. The Seahawks franchise has been in a downward trend since Russels pick in the Superbowl

Pete is old and outdated and needs to be put out to pasture. Your defensive coordinator who is mediocre and offensive coordinator will go with him. This means a complete turnover of staff and probably half of your players because the new coaching staff will want "their guys"

Russel is still talented and I believe is struggling because of his injury, but he is a 30 million dollar question. Keep him and you don't have salary cap and picks or trade him and you have a new QB (rookie possibly) and picks.

Jamal Adams is talented but it was perhaps the worst trade in NFL history to trade that much capital for a SS who can not cover and is a glorified linebacker

And yes they may still beat the 49ers but I will liken it to when we were 6-10 three years ago and Nick Mullens pulled out a win against the Seahawks at home in Levis.. in the end who really cares?

More questions than answers Arlos. But yet you still trash talk... Seahawks look the worst they have looked in 10 years and yet you still trash talk. Seahawks have nothing left to play for and you can't even look forward to the draft!

Years of mismanagement poor coaching, poor drafts, bad trades covered up by the GIGANTIC bandaid of a hall of fame QB are catching up because your QB is getting older and is injured

Yeah, I agree. The last SF-SEA victory had everything to do with the placekicker and QB1's injury exits. Before that, they were set on a route.

As to the 49er fans, you could have had bird in the hand with Jones. But instead you got Lance. Time will tell if he's a Rosen or something better, but the more time you have to spend nurturing him just because he was a first rounder will hurt your team's prospects. Personally, I think they got themselves a Jordan Love here, but they can't admit it.

The most entertaining game for us both is the upcoming vs. SF at Lumen. Think of it as the Big Game, which has mattered little in the scope of things for a while, as both teams end up out of the bowl.

Uhm, Mac Jones has 10 total turnovers in 11 games. Lets not act like he's setting the world on fire. If not for the Patriots D, they would've lost at least 2 games during their 5 game win streak. Mac Jones is just above game manager. They winning in spite of him, not because of him. He's not losing them games either.
Uhm. Mac Jones has more talent in his pinky than Jimmy G has in his whole goofy game. I don't care if Jimmy has a good rating he can't throw outside the hashmarks. He's Dr short slant lol

Jimmy G does not throw past ten yards very often because his coach doesn't trust him. And they will trade him after the season. What's even better is they gave up all those picks for an unproven guy who didn't play a lot of games. For a smaller school. They coulda stood pat and kept those picks and got the better QB.

VA49er

Reaction score
snackdaddy":qubgtrlj said:
ArlosSpecial":qubgtrlj said:
Stud":qubgtrlj said:
SantaClaraHawk":qubgtrlj said:
Yeah, I agree. The last SF-SEA victory had everything to do with the placekicker and QB1's injury exits. Before that, they were set on a route.

As to the 49er fans, you could have had bird in the hand with Jones. But instead you got Lance. Time will tell if he's a Rosen or something better, but the more time you have to spend nurturing him just because he was a first rounder will hurt your team's prospects. Personally, I think they got themselves a Jordan Love here, but they can't admit it.

The most entertaining game for us both is the upcoming vs. SF at Lumen. Think of it as the Big Game, which has mattered little in the scope of things for a while, as both teams end up out of the bowl.

Uhm, Mac Jones has 10 total turnovers in 11 games. Lets not act like he's setting the world on fire. If not for the Patriots D, they would've lost at least 2 games during their 5 game win streak. Mac Jones is just above game manager. They winning in spite of him, not because of him. He's not losing them games either.
Uhm. Mac Jones has more talent in his pinky than Jimmy G has in his whole goofy game. I don't care if Jimmy has a good rating he can't throw outside the hashmarks. He's Dr short slant lol

Jimmy G does not throw past ten yards very often because his coach doesn't trust him. And they will trade him after the season. What's even better is they gave up all those picks for an unproven guy who didn't play a lot of games. For a smaller school. They coulda stood pat and kept those picks and got the better QB.

Another misinformed. You don't break records throwing inside of ten yards.