The Legend of Gardner Minshew.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
My brother is a usc fan and doesnt like wsu. He loved gardner. Gardner has all the charisma in the world. If he does well, he will be one of the most popular players.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
He is almost the football version of Will Ferrell's character, Ricky Bobby.

That last story of him trying to smash his hand with a hammer while taking pulls of whiskey is almost a different version of Will stabbing himself with a knife in the wheelchair.

But that said, you don't rack up the #s he had in college if you don't know the game. His football IQ is clearly there and he is a guy that performs well under pressure. He might not have the physical tools but he gets the ball where it needs to be, he finds the open guy, and he does not get flustered.

His last game before last night, people forget he had 3 fumbles because he was constantly getting sacked. But he almost won that game, but for his coach taking the opportunity out of his hands. It shows he does not let pressure get to him.

Honestly, anything connected to Mike Leach is awesome. But the whole story is amazing.

chris98251

Reaction score
Kid knows this is a showcase chance, if he wins and does well there is a lot of opportunity for him and money on the table.

Pretty much said so in his interview, you get a chance and you have to take advantage of it, that's what I am going to do, it's a paraphrase but the jist of what he said.

He has that aura of a Russell Wilson and Joe Montana about him, not a physically dominating presence but the team rally's around him and plays hard for him and he wins.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Minshew is not the hero we asked for, but he's the hero we need.

Gardner minshew swag

Go Cougs.

ivotuk

Reaction score
chris98251":1ja6k3et said:
He has that aura of a Russell Wilson and Joe Montana about him, not a physically dominating presence but the team rally's around him and plays hard for him and he wins.

I like the Joe Montana comparison. Not that big, average arm, but unflappable, anticipates well and is very accurate.

I remember Bill Walsh saying "Joe had the best feet I'd ever seen." At the time, i had no idea what he meant, and i still know very little, but i do understand the importance of footwork where velocity and accuracy are concerned.

I don't know if Gardner has "good feet," but with his competitiveness, and love for the game, I'll bet he has GREAT FEET!

I'm rooting for the guy, and would love to hang out with him! Can you imagine the women draping off of his arms! :drool:

OP
OP
Maulbert

Maulbert

Reaction score
I think the fact that Nick Saban thought he'd make a good coach says everything you need to know about his mentality. He also scored 42 on his wonderlic. He has the brain you covet in a QB. Not a lot of guys have it. Even great ones.

olyfan63

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1c7p9dy3 said:

That last story of him trying to smash his hand with a hammer while taking pulls of whiskey is almost a different version of Will stabbing himself with a knife in the wheelchair.

But that said, you don't rack up the #s he had in college if you don't know the game. His football IQ is clearly there and he is a guy that performs well under pressure. He might not have the physical tools but he gets the ball where it needs to be, he finds the open guy, and he does not get flustered.

His last game before last night, people forget he had 3 fumbles because he was constantly getting sacked. But he almost won that game, but for his coach taking the opportunity out of his hands. It shows he does not let pressure get to him.

Honestly, anything connected to Mike Leach is awesome. But the whole story is amazing.

Nailed the Ricky Bobby comparison.
All he needs is a live cougar in the car for some race car driving practice.
And maybe get thrown out of an Applebee's so he can go home and sleep on his $10 mattress.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Check out his twitter picture.

He is probably cultivating the image a bit, but that was a brilliant move on his part.

Still, he can play much better than most of the backup QBs the Jags could have been stuck with.

OP
OP
Maulbert

Maulbert

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":g7wb497h said:

He is probably cultivating the image a bit, but that was a brilliant move on his part.

Still, he can play much better than most of the backup QBs the Jags could have been stuck with.

He embraced an image, but that only gets you so far. He's playing really well. That's why people love him.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Maulbert":1xb01pe5 said:
TwistedHusky":1xb01pe5 said:

He embraced an image, but that only gets you so far. He's playing really well. That's why people love him.

Yep, like Boz, Jim McMahon, Deion Sanders -- and I'd even include Sherman in this -- he's part of a long line of players that are smartly leaning into an image that maybe *kind of fits who they actually are* but also levels them up in terms of general interest and media attention.

Nothing wrong with that at all, IMO

Vesuve

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3f8o4ddg said:

Yeah, I listened to Mike Leach tell the Hammer story on the Rich Eisen show a couple days ago.

Minshew got a 42 on the Wonderlic and I think it shows in his game.

He may Develop into being very good.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
He was at the WSU game Saturday. A friend got a pic with him in the suite they were in. No pic available. LOL

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Maulbert":n8dcaklj said:
Down 17-3 on the road, he leads them to 20 straight points, and then leads a game winning drive to beat Denver 26-24.
And most of that game winning drive was on a knee that was at least sprained (pending injury reports)