Chargers’ big win shows thdeserve to play where appreciated

ivotuk

Reaction score
Chargers’ big win shows why they deserve to play where they’ll be appreciated

Anywhere but here. For the sake of the team, for the sake of the league, that is where the Chargers need to eventually be.

They’ve endured three seasons of this nonsense, their failure to capture a Los Angeles audience resulting in nearly every home game feeling like a road game, their stadium overrun with folks from Green Bay and Pittsburgh and Philadelphia and Denver and, of course, Oakland.

“Felt like an away game, every week, it is what it is at this point,” said Charger receiver Keenan Allen after departing the sea of green and gold. ”Yeah, just to shut those guys up, we come together as a team, 16 road games, that’s what we do … we know what it is.”

https://www.latimes.com/sports/chargers ... os-angeles

Maulbert

Reaction score
Chargers never should have left San Diego. Everything about that move felt wrong from the beginning, and I always doubted Spanos' claim about how strong their LA fans were. Asshole just had money signs in his eyes. The Raiders belong there before the Chargers ever did.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
They're stuck in that stadium w/rams for 20 years. LA fans will gravitate to them if/when they get a winning record, same with the Clippers. The Rams have a fanbase, granted they're mostly boomers, but who do you think is paying for many of their kids to stay there?

For the OG Chargers fans, it's like their team might have moved to Vegas, Wembley or wherever but worse.

Washington49er

Reaction score
Maulbert":23ypscz2 said:
Chargers never should have left San Diego. Everything about that move felt wrong from the beginning, and I always doubted Spanos' claim about how strong their LA fans were. @$$h0le just had money signs in his eyes. The Raiders belong there before the Chargers ever did.

That stadium in S.D. was shit.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Washington49er":29zfxr1y said:
Maulbert":29zfxr1y said:
Chargers never should have left San Diego. Everything about that move felt wrong from the beginning, and I always doubted Spanos' claim about how strong their LA fans were. @$$h0le just had money signs in his eyes. The Raiders belong there before the Chargers ever did.

That stadium in S.D. was shit.

You're not wrong, but at the very least, the Raiders were worse off. The Oakland Coliseum LITERALLY has shit backing up in the locker rooms. The NFL just wanted to take care of Spanos, who was one of the good ol' boy owners. I think they like punking Mark Davis because they hated his dad. Justifiably, but still a dick move.

Washington49er

Reaction score
Maulbert":2h8vn5xe said:
Washington49er":2h8vn5xe said:
Maulbert":2h8vn5xe said:

That stadium in S.D. was $h!t.

You're not wrong, but at the very least, the Raiders were worse off. The Oakland Coliseum LITERALLY has $h!t backing up in the locker rooms. The NFL just wanted to take care of Spanos, who was one of the good ol' boy owners. I think they like punking Mark Davis because they hated his dad. Justifiably, but still a d*ck move.

You're right Oakland Coliseum is worse, went to many "Day on the greens" there and quite a few games.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Moving them would require that 1) Kronke forgives their 50/50 deal to get the stadium at the Hollywood Park track built; and 2) the nfl would let them.

It doesn't make sense for Kronke or Spanos to allow that from a biz perspective. LA fans under 50, esp under 40 don't really have anyone to root for. They root fot the winner without being invested on a psychological level. If the PSLs are deemed worthy of resale value for opposing teams' fans, they'll just do that.

Threedee

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":yci6w89v said:
They're stuck in that stadium w/rams for 20 years. LA fans will gravitate to them if/when they get a winning record, same with the Clippers. The Rams have a fanbase, granted they're mostly boomers, but who do you think is paying for many of their kids to stay there?

For the OG Chargers fans, it's like their team might have moved to Vegas, Wembley or wherever but worse.

I call them the LA Football Clippers.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
That shit show tonight shows they deserve nothing but what they have.

7 incomplete passes, a gift d holding call, and an INT to end it. 3 timeouts and a minute to go and they take nothing easy needing only 3 points to win it.

The Chargers are a joke.

Latest posts