Could the 9ers really go 10-6? And us 14-2?

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
They have Packers, @Ravens, @Saints, Atlanta, Rams, @Seahawks left. The only probable win I see here is Rams if Atlanta continues its massacre streak. 10-6

We have Eagles, Vikes, @Rams, @Panthers, Cards, 49ers. Vikes almost got blown out by Broncos with a third-string QB today, so I do not see a probable loss. 14-2

Uncle Si

Reaction score
@ Eagles...

I think both teams will do well to go 3-3 in that stretch. 4-2 will be a high seed

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Eagles are a .500 team, and couldn't close even against a pretty bad Patriots offense today.

Why do you think they're our weak link?

knownone

Reaction score
Could they? Yes, but it’s unlikely. I think the worst case scenario for the Niners is 11-5, and the best case scenario for Seattle is 13-3. Both teams at 12-4 seems the most likely.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":2uvfi2qw said:
Eagles are a .500 team, and couldn't close even against a pretty bad Patriots offense today.

I don't..

Just clarifying that game is away.

Threedee

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":30540zqf said:

Eagles are really streaky, and randomly show-up strong on certain gamedays. I still don't think they can get good enough to beat us. Wentz is just not that good, for one thing.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":3cjr6yo6 said:
They have Packers, @Ravens, @Saints, Atlanta, Rams, @Seahawks left. The only probable win I see here is Rams if Atlanta continues its massacre streak. 10-6

We have Eagles, Vikes, @Rams, @Panthers, Cards, 49ers. Vikes almost got blown out by Broncos with a third-string QB today, so I do not see a probable loss. 14-2
Naw, while I think the digits are a largely a product of their weakassed schedule, I think they’ll beat the bad teams and lose to the better ones. I think the very least they beat the Rams and Atlanta.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Could the 9ers really go 10-6? And us 14-2?

Mathematically possible? Sure.

But man is that some amazingly wishful thinking.

mwmccollough

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":b2dswgj8 said:
SantaClaraHawk":b2dswgj8 said:

Naw, while I think the digits are a largely a product of their weakassed schedule, I think they’ll beat the bad teams and lose to the better ones. I think the very least they beat the Rams and Atlanta.

That Atlanta game isn't looking so easy now

94Smith

Reaction score
mwmccollough":28ss6yo7 said:
Sports Hernia":28ss6yo7 said:
SantaClaraHawk":28ss6yo7 said:

Nothing is easy in either schedule. Even the Cards game will be hard fought in the Seahawks schedule. That team is just starting to find its stride. The Rams always play tough. The Vikings and Eagles are no pushovers.

Washington49er

Reaction score
94Smith":lbqn6oit said:
mwmccollough":lbqn6oit said:
Sports Hernia":lbqn6oit said:
SantaClaraHawk":lbqn6oit said:

Nothing is easy in either schedule. Even the Cards game will be hard fought in the Seahawks schedule. That team is just starting to find its stride. The Rams always play tough. The Vikings and Eagles are no pushovers.

Hawks playing better on the road than at home. Minnesota could be an interesting game. They still have AZ, which is not the same team they faced earlier this season.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Minny nearly laid an egg with the Broncs. They are still a concern but I agree the larger one is actually the Cards. They're kinda evolving like bacteria, and are not the team we faced earlier.

Eagles are an enigma still, but Rams and Panthers appear to be in regression mode.

xray

Reaction score
Remember when we all were saying it's a long season ? It got much shorter after Sunday . IMO the Hawks need a 11-5 season to make post season in most scenarios ...10-6 bare bones.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":2oyyej54 said:
Minny nearly laid an egg with the Broncs. They are still a concern but I agree the larger one is actually the Cards. They're kinda evolving like bacteria, and are not the team we faced earlier.

Eagles are an enigma still, but Rams and Panthers appear to be in regression mode.

Pretty crazy narratives surrounding the Rams right now.

We've had terrible offensive games against the Niners, Steelers and Bears - the number 2, 3, and 4 ranked defenses by DVOA.

Against everyone else, the offense is averaging close to 30 points per game.

Rest of our opponents defensive rankings by DVOA:

Ravens - 10th
Cardinals - 30th
Seahawks - 21st
Cowboys - 20th
Niners - 2nd
Cardinals - 30th

The offense has definitely struggled, but five out of the six opponents that the Rams play are defenses that are comparable to defenses that they've already lit up.

It will be a fascinating end to the season. If the Rams can knock off the Ravens, I wouldn't count them out of the division race just yet.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Ramfan128":iyupe6ou said:
SantaClaraHawk":iyupe6ou said:

We've had terrible offensive games against the Niners, Steelers and Bears - the number 2, 3, and 4 ranked defenses by DVOA.

Ravens - 10th
Cardinals - 30th
Seahawks - 21st
Cowboys - 20th
Niners - 2nd
Cardinals - 30th

The offense has definitely struggled, but five out of the six opponents that the Rams play are defenses that are comparable to defenses that they've already lit up.

It will be a fascinating end to the season. If the Rams can knock off the Ravens, I wouldn't count them out of the division race just yet.

If you beat the Ravens, yes we and probably the 49ers fans will be scared.

Buf offensively, that's a long shot. Goff hasn't shown that he can carry the team when his O-line isn't cutting it or his main pieces are out. Defensively, yeah, you got Ramsey but gave up Peters--which could be a push.

knownone

Reaction score
Ramfan128":2ph51qvu said:
SantaClaraHawk":2ph51qvu said:

Ravens - 10th
Cardinals - 30th
Seahawks - 21st
Cowboys - 20th
Niners - 2nd
Cardinals - 30th

I’ve been saying for a few weeks that the Rams scare me more than the 49ers. People keep wanting to write them off, but they have a top 3 defense and an offense that Seattle’s never been able to slow down. It’ll be tough to make the playoffs being 2.5 games back, but stranger things have happened.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Yes, they're gonna use Gurley more than usual. But he's not the Gurley we saw before--his knee is arthritic and even "healthy" he's not turning into a Carson. Goff's passing has been inaccurate and he's still down a receiver. He's not a scrambler or improviser. He's basically like Kaep without the mobility and without Gore and Crabtree. He does not adapt well.

Their D has Ramsey but gave up Peters. It was almost a push there. And even healthy, I haven't seen them shut down anyone like Russ or anyone with the weapons (Carson, Lockett, DK) he works with.

The only thing they have on us is that they're somehow in our heads going back to the Fisher days. I wish our first win had been more decisive to clear our heads, but regardless I think we can do that going into that game.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Look, I hate the Niners as much as anyone. But no way are they going 10-6, and we certainly are not running the table. And that's fine. I suspect the final game of the season is for the division, at this point I'm assuming it will be flexed as well. I could easily see both teams at 11-4 or even 12-3 going in to that final game. Man that would be epic, NFC West Division Championship under the lights at the House of Noise. Yes please.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
The last Seahawks/niners game took a toll on niner's health-wise.
If both teams are playing for NFC West title week 17 in Seattle AND we play physical like we did in SC....the niners might be screwd if they are an injury riddled wildcard team on the road the following week.

BleuEyedHawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":htrgmlda said:
Look, I hate the Niners as much as anyone. But no way are they going 10-6, and we certainly are not running the table. And that's fine. I suspect the final game of the season is for the division, at this point I'm assuming it will be flexed as well. I could easily see both teams at 11-4 or even 12-3 going in to that final game. Man that would be epic, NFC West Division Championship under the lights at the House of Noise. Yes please.

I agree with this. I think the last game will be for all the marbles to head the Division and claim the first seed.

The ending of this year's season has major drama potential for many teams, not just ours. I can't remember so many successful teams playing each other down the stretch where every game makes a huge difference.

I know some fans don't care to watch other teams, but I like the completion so I'll view a top match-up when the Seahawks aren't playing.

This is my favorite time during the season and winter doldrums to see which teams push themselves in to a playoff spot. I find it more interesting than the Super Bowl (unless we're in it of course)