Is it more beneficial to Hawks if the 9ers or Packers lose?

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
And how likely is it that the 9ers will lose?

I know this got brought up downthread somewhere here, but there's a largish debate on reddit about it:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Seahawks/comme ... _49ers_or/

And also, which team is more likely to win?

For me, it's very close to a push with the coaching styles being pretty similar. Dee Ford is ruled out but it looks likely that Kittle will be back.

Maulbert

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":2pvsh7jk said:

I know this got brought up downthread somewhere here, but there's a largish debate on reddit about it:

For me, it's very close to a push with the coaching styles being pretty similar. Dee Ford is ruled out but it looks likely that Kittle will be back.

A 49ers loss, because a 3 way tie between the Packers, Hawks, and Saints will likely be advantageous to our seeding. We can win a 3 way tie with the Saints and Packers. We will lose a 2 way tie with the Saints.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":nrfwo70y said:

A digits loss. The division is still in play, plus the tiebreakers that Maul mentioned.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":1z96e80u said:
A loss by a 9-1 team to an 8-2 team is always advantageous. To say nothing of the fact that it puts the division in our reach. Root for the Packers this week, followed by rooting against them the next few weeks.
Yep, this!

sutz

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":2bllzfo2 said:
A loss by a 9-1 team to an 8-2 team is always advantageous. To say nothing of the fact that it puts the division in our reach. Root for the Packers this week, followed by rooting against them the next few weeks.
Technically, the division is already within reach. All we have to do is win out and it's ours. ;)

But I'll take a Niners loss any day. Never argue against a boost to our division standing. And while we don't necessarily NEED the extra help, I would take it. It's gonna be a tough home stretch, and the PC/Russ December magic notwithstanding, Go Pack!

kobebryant

Reaction score
If SF beats GB and SEA wins their remaining games then SEA will finish ahead of both teams.

getnasty

Reaction score
Safe bet would be for the Niners to lose, but if were actaully wanting the number 1 seed then we probably need the Niners to win. GB might not lose another game the rest of the year, there toughest test will be the Vikings who are so so at best.

rlkats

Reaction score
Best bet is for the niners to win. The pack and hawks lose out.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
rlkats":3jao9pyz said:
Best bet is for the niners to win. The pack and hawks lose out.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

kidhawk

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":lckpu5vn said:

9-1 or 8-2 as long as we match them week in and week out and win week 17 we still win the division.

We all know we lose head to head with the Saints but the Packers is much more interesting. We both have the same record and each have a loss in each conference.

I still see advantages either way in this game and after our win we still control our destiny in our division.

pmedic920

Reaction score
My opinion is, we need to focus on winning the division, and it’s absolutely within reach.

I think a 9ers loss is more important but that’s just me.

sutz

Reaction score
We took care of business today. All we can do is win our games. :Dunno: