Tripping Call

HawkGA

Reaction score
So the Seahawks were the victims of tripping call yesterday but the one getting all the play was from the Cowboys game. This link has video to it.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/tom-brady- ... 57686.html

I didn't watch the game but have heard plenty of commentators complaining about the call. Perhaps they called it on the wrong player, but you can clearly see the center whip his leg out. Is it overly egregious? Not really. But it is a clear whip motion, which I'm guessing is what drew the flag.

Maulbert

Reaction score
HawkGA":3suo4fuz said:
So the Seahawks were the victims of tripping call yesterday but the one getting all the play was from the Cowboys game. This link has video to it.

I didn't watch the game but have heard plenty of commentators complaining about the call. Perhaps they called it on the wrong player, but you can clearly see the center whip his leg out. Is it overly egregious? Not really. But it is a clear whip motion, which I'm guessing is what drew the flag.

Because Cowbutts.

MrThortan

Reaction score
4 tripping calls have been flagged all season and 3 of them were yesterday. Two against the Cowboys. Conspiracy or coincidence... we may never know.

Threedee

Reaction score
Darth Hoodie's strength in the dark side of the force must be substantial, if he's even favored that much over the Cowgirls.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I saw the game and the Cowboy OL stuck his leg in the lane to
keep the NE player who was being grabbed from behind by
another Cowboy OL from getting through..The stuff Dallas
does all the time..Glad they got called out on it.

xray

Reaction score
It's tackle football. well..kinda...

TreeRon

Reaction score
HawkGA":25c3ixli said:

There were two tripping calls in the game. One was tripping the other's being debated.

Rat

Reaction score
Can't even revel in the Cowboys getting screwed because it had to happen against the Pats.

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
There was no tripping on the Cowboys. Those are just really bad calls. They got a bad break there.

ivotuk

Reaction score
All 3 were BS. Joey was falling over backwards and his leg naturally went up in the air as his head went down. It's physics. Stupid refs. :34853_doh:

And why wasn't Joey getting help against Fletcher Cox? He's one of the best DTs in the league, and they are putting Joey on him 1 v 1? Any center in the league would struggle against that guy and his long arms. Still aggravates me that we could have chosen Cox over Bruce Irvin, and instead we traded the pick away to Philly. Years and years of production at the DT position.

Latest posts