Article: MNF worst show on TV

Vesuve

Reaction score
I rarely watch MNF because of my schedule these days.

Thoughts and opinion on Booger and Tess?

Monday Night Football: the once great NFL show is now the worst on television

Overblown announcing, incoherent analysis and bizarre graphics: ESPN’s broadcast checks every box when it comes to bad TV

Oliver Connolly

Tue 26 Nov 2019

The NFL has a real problem when the marquee match-up for its most famous broadcast is best enjoyed on mute. This week, Lamar Jackson eviscerated the Rams on Monday Night Football in one of the most impressive individual performances in recent memory. The only problem: the experience of watching Jackson’s genius was made worse, not better, by ESPN’s announcing crew, Joe Tessitore and Booger McFarland.

Entire
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2019/ ... sitore-nfl

HawkGA

Reaction score
As a general rule, don't copy and paste entire articles, even if you are providing the link. It's a copyright issue.

To the main point, I have Sling and will sometimes bounce between subscriptions that have ESPN and the one that doesn't. Right now I don't have the one with ESPN. For the Seahawks-9ers game I thought about switching and then decided I didn't really want to listen to the ESPN broadcast. I probably won't switch to get this coming week's game either.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
The announcers are horrible, it’s over produced and the NFL product is getting worse by the minute.
The flagfest is killing the game.

MrThortan

Reaction score
Worst on television? Come on now, that's ridiculous. The article doesn't back up its headline. But yes, Booger does indeed suck.

chris98251

Reaction score
Think that honor goes to Batwoman currently, but yeah they suck and we seen it first hand in the 49er game. They have went to on the cheap and it shows as far as broadcasters.

OP
OP
Vesuve

Vesuve

Reaction score
HawkGA":95ntvnuz said:
As a general rule, don't copy and paste entire articles, even if you are providing the link. It's a copyright issue.

Cheers.

I edited the last 1/3 just now.

BleuEyedHawk

Reaction score
I watched more than half of the Seahawks 49ers game on mute.

It was so annoying that I googled various combinations of "horrible announcers" during commercial breaks, checking other people's opinions.

It's bad when you have to turn down the sound watching such a significant game.

I re-watched the next day on NFL Network and it seemed slightly less obnoxious, but then I knew the outcome.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
The headline is just clickbait.

Booger is probably the worst of the national announcers, but he's leaps and bounds better than many of the local broadcast teams.

Because I follow the NFCW and don't live on the west coast I end up with a ton of broadcasts from other regions, and man, some of it is bad.

The worst I've ever heard is the Chiefs' local broadcast crew. They sound like two morning shock jocks who literally know nothing about football. It's impossible to listen to.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I get MNF on Sling which I'm getting rid of after the Vikings game..
I keep all the games on mute with captions..Get so sick of all of
the slobbering over Cowboys,Niners and Ravens when Hawks are
on..Besides that you got to listen to how great it all is when the
product has been watered down and turned into WWF type
storylines with useless facts that have nothing to do with the game
playing...If I wasn't a Hawks fan I'd be done with the NFL because
they are making it easier to dislike every year and these clowns
pitching the product do not help at all.Excuse my rant people,it's
fustrating sometimes.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
The worst show on TV? Obviously this person never watched The bachelor or The bachelorette. My ex-wife watched that crap and after about 2 minutes I knew television had reached its absolute nadir

NINEster

Reaction score
I hate Booger with a passion. Just sucks all around and is a Niner/Jimmy hater.

Tessitore I'm ok with. Maybe it's the loud reactions to a few big Niner TDs on MNF, and a certain pick 6 against the Bears last season....

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
The worst thing about MNF is the matchups. Same with TNF. There are probably 2-3 excellent games each on both throughout the season, but beyond that it feels like random leftovers.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
All MNF brings is a worship fest for whatever big name QB is playing. These guys on Monday were next level bad. EVERY little thing that Jackson did was somehow the greatest thing that any QB has ever done. Look how he turned his head there, look how threw that ball (to a wide open guy) look how perfect he is blah blah blah.
We get it already, he's already the greatest QB we have ever seen. I'm assuming they both have sore knees after that broadcast on Monday.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
At least they got rid of the Booger-cherrypicker. Can you imagine shelling out $$$ for a game then having THAT in the way. He's also much worse when he talks to himself.

I admired Booger for calling out the refs publicly in Lions-Packers. But on the whole, you're right. He's entirely one-dimensional calling out stuff that's abundantly clear to most, and is usually not entertaining in doing it.

Kevin Harlan OTOH is just fun to hear. I'd tune in to whatever game just to hear him. IDK why Booger and not him for Monday night.

chris98251

Reaction score
Any of our local teams here in the market would be leaps and bounds better then this crew, even Brock Huard whom I hated as a broadcaster for games since he is so mechanical.

I know some areas are bad but in the Northwest we have had it really really good in all our sports from Bob Blackburn to
Dave Niehaus , Kevin Calabro, Pete Gross, Keith Jackson, Steve Raible, just to name a few.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":m1d5w9y1 said:
At least they got rid of the Booger-cherrypicker. Can you imagine shelling out $$$ for a game then having THAT in the way. He's also much worse when he talks to himself.

I admired Booger for calling out the refs publicly in Lions-Packers. But on the whole, you're right. He's entirely one-dimensional calling out stuff that's abundantly clear to most, and is usually not entertaining in doing it.

Kevin Harlan OTOH is just fun to hear. I'd tune in to whatever game just to hear him. IDK why Booger and not him for Monday night.
Harlan's a play by play guy so Tesitore would also have to go (a good thing imo). Harlan's amazing.

James in PA

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":38ln3dsi said:
All MNF brings is a worship fest for whatever big name QB is playing. These guys on Monday were next level bad. EVERY little thing that Jackson did was somehow the greatest thing that any QB has ever done. Look how he turned his head there, look how threw that ball (to a wide open guy) look how perfect he is blah blah blah.
We get it already, he's already the greatest QB we have ever seen. I'm assuming they both have sore knees after that broadcast on Monday.
I’ve said the same thing about Collinsworth on SNF. He oversells it. Every upper tier QB is the GOAT. Every close game is such a blast and the best he’s ever seen. And his fake laughter while saying things like “Wow!” and “Are you kidding me?!” is so incredibly annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xray

Reaction score
Makes me yearn for the old days of Cosell---Gifford---Meridith ...that was some classic chit . IMO

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
You are absolutely correct sir. Those were some seriously talented announcers. And the halftime highlights w/Howard, that famous song playing...... incredible.

Anyway, have a good holiday. Go Hawks!

xray

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":202b0cjw said:
You are absolutely correct sir. Those were some seriously talented announcers. And the halftime highlights w/Howard, that famous song playing...... incredible.

Anyway, have a good holiday. Go Hawks!

U2 ...and for all the other members . :irishdrinkers: