Cards are making Sean McVay look like a genius again.

Mizak

Reaction score
And the Rams/Seahawks game next week is more important to the Rams for that last playoff spot if the Vikings lose to Seattle tomorrow.

The Rams are not out yet.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Mizak":1520punl said:
And the Rams/Seahawks game next week is more important to the Rams for that last playoff spot if the Vikings lose to Seattle tomorrow.

They play the 9ers and Hawks again and the ever inconsistent but grudgingly admittedly talented Cowboys. They ain't winning all of those. They're done.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Mizak":2xqip6lo said:

I too want to count out the Rams.

But if the unthinkable happens and Seattle loses tomorrow AND next Sunday in LA, suddenly the Rams are sitting just a game back of us with 3 three to play, with the ability to snag the tiebreaker over us.

I will feel alot better with a win tomrrow night :)

chris98251

Reaction score
Never count out a division opponent, they as we do always have an axe to grind that can offset win loss records.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Hawkpower":kc8ivia7 said:
Mizak":kc8ivia7 said:

But if the unthinkable happens and Seattle loses tomorrow AND next Sunday in LA, suddenly the Rams are sitting just a game back of us with 3 three to play, with the ability to snag the tiebreaker over us.

I don't think we can get the tiebreaker against Seattle.

This season has made me aware of something that I previously had not been: even for a wildcard spot, division record is one of the first tiebreakers for teams (if they are in the same division).

This means Seattle would have to lose at home to either Arizona or the Niners.

So let's assume the Rams do this:

Seattle - win
Cowboys - win
Niners - win
Cardinals - win

This is putting aside that I don't see how we beat the Niners in SF for a minute.

We'd be 11-5 with a 4-2 division record.

We would need Seattle to:

Vikings - loss
Rams - loss
Panthers - win
Cardinals - win
Niners - loss

This would put Seattle at 11-5 with a 4-2 division record.

The next tiebreaker is common games:

Steelers
Browns
Bengals
Ravens
Saints
Falcons
Bucs
Panthers
Cardinals
Cardinals
Niners
Niners

In the above games, the Rams would be 8-4

Seahawks would be 9-3

Common games remaining are Cardinals and Niners for both teams, Panthers for the Seahawks - basically this guarantees that if the Rams and Seahawks finish with the same record, the Seahawks win the tiebreaker. Really unfortunate because one more tiebreaker down is conference record where we would have Seattle beat. Our only shot is to both win out (unlikely) AND have Seattle lose to either Carolina or Arizona (equally unlikely) so that we finish with a better record.

So - to summarize - we need, NEED the Seahawks to win tonight. Because the opposite of this is true for the Rams/Vikings:

Assuming we do this:

Seahawks - W
Cowboys - W
Niners - L
Cardinals - W

We would need the Vikings to do something like this:

Seahawks - L
Lions - W
Chargers - L
Packers - L
Bears - W

They would also go 10-6 - the Chargers game is on the road, and while the Chargers aren't a very good team, they could beat the Vikings there ala their beatdown of Green Bay. The Packers game is at home, but you never know. Another option to get there is just having the Vikings lose two games OR having the Packers lose two games and have the Rams winning out. Either way this would work out well for the Rams because we would have a better conference record than Green Bay, and with Minnesota it would go to common games:

Bears, Seahawks, Cowboys, Falcons

Under the above scenario, we would both be 4-1 in games against these teams. After that it would go strength of victory where the Rams would have the edge.

But - all of this is incredibly unlikely and while we looked good yesterday, can't assume that will keep going. Have to hope Seattle wins tonight and then that we can beat them on Sunday, and then go from there.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Ramfan128":2fa4okb0 said:
Hawkpower":2fa4okb0 said:
Mizak":2fa4okb0 said:

I don't think we can get the tiebreaker against Seattle.

This season has made me aware of something that I previously had not been: even for a wildcard spot, division record is one of the first tiebreakers for teams (if they are in the same division).

This means Seattle would have to lose at home to either Arizona or the Niners.

So let's assume the Rams do this:

Seattle - win
Cowboys - win
Niners - win
Cardinals - win

This is putting aside that I don't see how we beat the Niners in SF for a minute.

We'd be 11-5 with a 4-2 division record.

We would need Seattle to:

Vikings - loss
Rams - loss
Panthers - win
Cardinals - win
Niners - loss

This would put Seattle at 11-5 with a 4-2 division record.

The next tiebreaker is common games:

Steelers
Browns
Bengals
Ravens
Saints
Falcons
Bucs
Panthers
Cardinals
Cardinals
Niners
Niners

In the above games, the Rams would be 8-4

Seahawks would be 9-3

Common games remaining are Cardinals and Niners for both teams, Panthers for the Seahawks - basically this guarantees that if the Rams and Seahawks finish with the same record, the Seahawks win the tiebreaker. Really unfortunate because one more tiebreaker down is conference record where we would have Seattle beat. Our only shot is to both win out (unlikely) AND have Seattle lose to either Carolina or Arizona (equally unlikely) so that we finish with a better record.

So - to summarize - we need, NEED the Seahawks to win tonight. Because the opposite of this is true for the Rams/Vikings:

Assuming we do this:

Seahawks - W
Cowboys - W
Niners - L
Cardinals - W

We would need the Vikings to do something like this:

Seahawks - L
Lions - W
Chargers - L
Packers - L
Bears - W

They would also go 10-6 - the Chargers game is on the road, and while the Chargers aren't a very good team, they could beat the Vikings there ala their beatdown of Green Bay. The Packers game is at home, but you never know. Another option to get there is just having the Vikings lose two games OR having the Packers lose two games and have the Rams winning out. Either way this would work out well for the Rams because we would have a better conference record than Green Bay, and with Minnesota it would go to common games:

Bears, Seahawks, Cowboys, Falcons

Under the above scenario, we would both be 4-1 in games against these teams. After that it would go strength of victory where the Rams would have the edge.

But - all of this is incredibly unlikely and while we looked good yesterday, can't assume that will keep going. Have to hope Seattle wins tonight and then that we can beat them on Sunday, and then go from there.

This is a good breakdown, thanks.

Regarding the divisional tiebreaker, yes I guess you would need Seattle to drop all 3 of their divisional games in route to the 11-5 tie in order to beat us out in that scenario.

So to your point, its possible for Seattle to lose out on a wildcard spot to the Rams at 11-5, but unlikely. A 10-6 tie (with the Rams sweeping NFC west games) brings more possibilities but the Vikings are the more realistic target (for the Rams) for sure.

Fade

Reaction score
This is the Rams last breath, if the Hawks can beat them they are wrekd for years to come and they know it.

NINEster

Reaction score
Fade":cmlg2oxs said:
This is the Rams last breath, if the Hawks can beat them they are wrekd for years to come and they know it.

Of the remaining 3 division games for the Seahawks, do you see them going 3-0 or dropping a game?

OP
OP
Maulbert

Maulbert

Reaction score
NINEster":3p4s5fk4 said:
Fade":3p4s5fk4 said:

Of the remaining 3 division games for the Seahawks, do you see them going 3-0 or dropping a game?

They're only team in the division with a shot to go 6-0. I'll take that.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Maulbert":17l8xhx8 said:
Anyone else think the Rams are taking their frustrations vs. the Ravens out on the Cards?

...I can only hope the Niners do the same against the Saints.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Maulbert":qwqwv0j2 said:
Marvin49":qwqwv0j2 said:
Maulbert":qwqwv0j2 said:
Anyone else think the Rams are taking their frustrations vs. the Ravens out on the Cards?

...I can only hope the Niners do the same against the Saints.

Except the 49ers played well enough to beat Baltimore. The Rams were taken to the woodshed.

True.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Ramfan128..Nice breakdown and you are the first Ram fan I have seen
in weeks.
Please come by more often so we can get a better insight to your team
and your thoughts..
You see all the 49er campers?I'm kind of tired of reading about their team
with all due respect lol.

Marvin49

Reaction score
IndyHawk":2parwf1f said:
in weeks.
and your thoughts..

I'd be offended but I honestly can't blame you.

OP
OP
Maulbert

Maulbert

Reaction score
Marvin49":2mdai3f6 said:
IndyHawk":2mdai3f6 said:
in weeks.
and your thoughts..

I don't think it's you he's talking about. You're not a camper, you were here during Chip Kelly.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Maulbert":27lysb10 said:
Marvin49":27lysb10 said:
IndyHawk":27lysb10 said:
in weeks.
and your thoughts..

I don't think it's you he's talking about. You're not a camper, you were here during Chip Kelly.

Legit LOL.