Coach Changes/Hot Seats

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
As we start to wrap up the season and in light of Carolina firing Rivera, which team will be getting a new face, and for fun, who could that face be?

Here are a few that have either already replaced or may replace their HC, please fill in if I forget a team.

Carolina
Cleveland
Washington
Atlanta
Dallas
New York (Giants)
Los Angeles (Chargers)
New York (Jets)

Personal opinion, I think the Raiders may ditch Gruden, he's been uninspiring.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Seahawk_Dan":146unu4v said:
As we start to wrap up the season and in light of Carolina firing Rivera, which team will be getting a new face, and for fun, who could that face be?

Here are a few that have either already replaced or may replace their HC, please fill in if I forget a team.

Carolina
Cleveland
Washington
Atlanta
Dallas
New York (Giants)
Los Angeles (Chargers)
New York (Jets)

Gruden's locked into some monster 10-y deal with the Raiders that their blog sites say make it almost impossible to fire him.

If Rams dip again, though, I'd put McVay on that list.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Seahawk_Dan":21qw1yvc said:

Carolina
Cleveland
Washington
Atlanta
Dallas
New York (Giants)
Los Angeles (Chargers)
New York (Jets)

Gruden and Gase will keep their jobs. No way the Raiders fire Gruden before/during the move to Vegas, and Gase will get a pass because Darnold got mono and he's only in his first year. I think Patricia in Detroit has a better shot at losing his job than either of those guys.

OP
OP
Seahawk_Dan

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":2zreamb2 said:
Seahawk_Dan":2zreamb2 said:

Carolina
Cleveland
Washington
Atlanta
Dallas
New York (Giants)
Los Angeles (Chargers)
New York (Jets)

Gruden's locked into some monster 10-y deal with the Raiders that their blog sites say make it almost impossible to fire him.

If Rams dip again, though, I'd put McVay on that list.

Yeah I remember Gruden has some ridiculous 10 year, 100mil contract but last year and this year the Raiders have been a mess. Maybe year three it all turns around.

Rat

Reaction score
Raiders were sitting pretty for the playoffs just two weeks ago, They've imploded since then, but Gruden wouldn't even be on the hot seat if he was cheap.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
I hope Fangio in DEN doesn't get fired when the Flacco pick is solely on Elway, who's functioning as a GM/proxy owner. Hopefully they sell to someone still alive, like Bezos, wno can install a real GM.

OP
OP
Seahawk_Dan

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
Dallas is a big one and it seems there is always a lot of scrutiny with the Cowboys. But is Jason Garrett really that bad? I don't think they have the overall talent to be that great. Jerry expects them to be great but I think they have an OK roster but not great. Then he blames it all on Garrett. I don't see them as a real elite team though. All that said Jerry is saying some pretty crazy things lately so I don't think Garrett lasts there. They will have a new head coach next year.

OP
OP
Seahawk_Dan

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
SanDiego49er":16gkzon3 said:
Dallas is a big one and it seems there is always a lot of scrutiny with the Cowboys. But is Jason Garrett really that bad? I don't think they have the overall talent to be that great. Jerry expects them to be great but I think they have an OK roster but not great. Then he blames it all on Garrett. I don't see them as a real elite team though. All that said Jerry is saying some pretty crazy things lately so I don't think Garrett lasts there. They will have a new head coach next year.

I wouldn't say Garrett is terrible either, but he's not great. There are certainly a few teams where he could go and be an upgrade, such as Cleveland or Atlanta. However he's been in Dallas for 8 years, that's long enough for plenty of roster churn out. He's had some great O-lines with that team and gone from Romo to Dak, both I would say are competent quarterbacks. Is it the rosters? Him? Jerry?

olyfan63

Reaction score
I don't think Prescott is that great, serviceable, but no Russell Wilson. Jerry Jones is the problem, making everything dysfunctional with his Narcissistic Personality Disorder busybody media antics. Can you imagine Paul Allen doing any of the crap Jones does?

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
olyfan63":3remv9ux said:
I don't think Prescott is that great, serviceable, but no Russell Wilson. Jerry Jones is the problem, making everything dysfunctional with his Narcissistic Personality Disorder busybody media antics. Can you imagine Paul Allen doing any of the crap Jones does?

Prescott was good the first year starting when the NFL didn't have much film on him yet. Now they do and have kind of figured him out. Of course he is no Russell Wilson. Wilson is one of the best QB's in this league. Prescott is not really the worst QB but Jerry Jones might over rate him somewhat and be blaming this all on coaching. I think you can only go so far with Prescott. Like a .500 club. Like they are now. Struggling to get into the playoffs with a bad record in a weak division.

HawkGA

Reaction score
I think it would be funny (and interesting) if the Cowboys fired Garrett during the season and brought Rivera in to finish out the year.

I can't imagine elevating a college OC to NFL head coach. That would seem like a crazy idea.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
The Lions should Fire Bevell. No one can ever fire Darrel Bevell enough. If they do, we should hire him just so we can fire him one more time! :mrgreen:

FlayvaMeister

Reaction score
Seahawk_Dan":wqf9389y said:

Carolina
Cleveland
Washington
Atlanta
Dallas
New York (Giants)
Los Angeles (Chargers)
New York (Jets)

Re: "I think the Raiders may ditch Gruden" …
And be on the hook for the remains of his contract, which
after two seasons as HC would amount to 80 Million USD ?

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
FlayvaMeister":1tqjk9dh said:
Seahawk_Dan":1tqjk9dh said:

Carolina
Cleveland
Washington
Atlanta
Dallas
New York (Giants)
Los Angeles (Chargers)
New York (Jets)

Re: "I think the Raiders may ditch Gruden" …
And be on the hook for the remains of his contract which,
after two seasons as HC would amount to 80 Million USD ?
Yeah, zero chance especially considering Mark Davis is one of the least wealthy owners in the NFL. Perhaps Dan isn't aware he signed a 10 year, 100 million dollar contract 2 years ago.

Latest posts