TNF rooting interest: Cowboys or Bears?

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
I don't see Bears able to catch Minny, so I'll table that part for now.

If the Eagles end up flying past the Cowboys, and if we are the WC, there's some advantage in us having played them in their house recently as we know what they're about.

OTOH, we have trouble in the rain, and including that game. Going to Dallas would eliminate the weather factor but they did beat us last year and possibly could be in players' heads still.

I always root against Cowboys because...well, I irrationally hate them, but am wondering here whether it'd be in our favor to do so.

Thoughts?

Maulbert

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":3vghfprv said:

If the Eagles end up flying past the Cowboys, and if we are the WC, there's some advantage in us having played them in their house recently as we know what they're about.

OTOH, we have trouble in the rain, and including that game. Going to Dallas would eliminate the weather factor but they did beat us last year and possibly could be in players' heads still.

I always root against Cowboys because...well, I irrationally hate them, but am wondering here whether it'd be in our favor to do so.

Thoughts?

I'm not rooting for them, but a Dallas win is more beneficial to us, because Dallas can't tie us in the Wild Card but Chicago can, and if they do, they'd have the tiebreaker since there's only one way they can tie us. In other words, a Cowboy win leaves only the Rams as a threat to knock us out of the playoffs.

Just FYI, Dallas can't tie us in the WC because the only way they don't win the NFC East is if the Eagles do, and the Cowboys can't finish behind the Eagles without finishing with a worse record than us.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Maulbert":3tuumd01 said:
SantaClaraHawk":3tuumd01 said:

Thoughts?

I'm not rooting for them, but a Dallas win is more beneficial to us, because Dallas can't tie us in the Wild Card but Chicago can, and if they do, they'd have the tiebreaker since there's only one way they can tie us. In other words, a Cowboy win leaves only the Rams as a threat to knock us out of the playoffs.

Just FYI, Dallas can't tie us in the WC because the only way they don't win the NFC East is if the Eagles do, and the Cowboys can't finish behind the Eagles without finishing with a worse record than us.

Everything in here is factual, but to be totally honest, if the Bears end up competing with us for the wild card, we probably don't deserve to get in.

James in PA

Reaction score
I live in Eagles/ Stealers / Ravens country. I don’t think the cowboys have had one game this year that I wouldn’t have been able watch locally without satellite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Here's the Cowbuhs schedule:

Week 1: vs. Giants on Sept. 8 at 4:25 p.m. ET on Fox

Week 2: at Redskins on Sept. 15 at 1 p.m. ET on Fox

Week 3: vs. Dolphins on Sept. 22 at 1 p.m. ET on Fox

Week 4: at Saints on Sept. 29 at 8:20 p.m. ET on NBC

Week 5: vs. Packers on Oct. 6 at 4:25 p.m. ET on Fox

Week 6: at Jets on Oct. 13 at 4:25 p.m. ET on CBS (NEAR NATIONWIDE)

Week 7: vs. Eagles on Oct. 20 at 8:20 p.m. ET on NBC

Week 8: BYE

Week 9: at Giants on Nov. 4 at 8:15 p.m. ET on ESPN

Week 10: vs. Vikings on Nov. 10 at 8:20 p.m. ET on NBC

Week 11: at Lions on Nov. 17 at 1 p.m. ET on Fox

Week 12: at Patriots on Nov. 24 at 4:25 p.m. ET on Fox

Week 13: vs. Bills on Nov. 28 at 4:30 p.m. ET on CBS

Week 14: at Bears on Dec. 5 at 8:20 p.m. ET on Fox/NFLN/Amazon

Week 15: vs. Rams on Dec. 15 at 4:25 p.m. ET on Fox

Week 16: at Eagles on Dec. 22 at 4:25 p.m. ET on Fox

Week 17: vs. Redskins on Dec. 29 at 1 p.m. ET on Fox

So that is half a full season that the Cowbuhs have inflicted themselves on other teams' fans that DON'T CARE from my count, and I probably missed at least one. As opposed to the Seahawks, which I've seen for half that on the luxury of my TV. They're on primetime or inflicted in earlier slots ALL THE TIME as "America's Team" (and I'm watching Fox say this now).

No one should care any more that Garrett may get fired any more than whether Marrone, Patricia, Peterson et. al do. No one should give a s whether Dak gets paid or if he's getting paid or how good he is any more than "Danny Dimes." They do NOTHING to deserve all this attention and keep getting it.

I hope they lose BIG tonight to the Bears. Because Jerrah's locker room narcissistic weepiness and Skip's cardiac will be the most entertaining part of having to see them on ALL THE TIME.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":12brafou said:
Here's the Cowbuhs schedule:

Week 1: vs. Giants on Sept. 8 at 4:25 p.m. ET on Fox

Week 2: at Redskins on Sept. 15 at 1 p.m. ET on Fox

Week 3: vs. Dolphins on Sept. 22 at 1 p.m. ET on Fox

Week 4: at Saints on Sept. 29 at 8:20 p.m. ET on NBC

Week 5: vs. Packers on Oct. 6 at 4:25 p.m. ET on Fox

Week 6: at Jets on Oct. 13 at 4:25 p.m. ET on CBS (NEAR NATIONWIDE)

Week 7: vs. Eagles on Oct. 20 at 8:20 p.m. ET on NBC

Week 8: BYE

Week 9: at Giants on Nov. 4 at 8:15 p.m. ET on ESPN

Week 10: vs. Vikings on Nov. 10 at 8:20 p.m. ET on NBC

Week 11: at Lions on Nov. 17 at 1 p.m. ET on Fox

Week 12: at Patriots on Nov. 24 at 4:25 p.m. ET on Fox

Week 13: vs. Bills on Nov. 28 at 4:30 p.m. ET on CBS

Week 14: at Bears on Dec. 5 at 8:20 p.m. ET on Fox/NFLN/Amazon

Week 15: vs. Rams on Dec. 15 at 4:25 p.m. ET on Fox

Week 16: at Eagles on Dec. 22 at 4:25 p.m. ET on Fox

Week 17: vs. Redskins on Dec. 29 at 1 p.m. ET on Fox

So that is half a full season that the Cowbuhs have inflicted themselves on other teams' fans that DON'T CARE from my count, and I probably missed at least one. As opposed to the Seahawks, which I've seen for half that on the luxury of my TV. They're on primetime or inflicted in earlier slots ALL THE TIME as "America's Team" (and I'm watching Fox say this now).

No one should care any more that Garrett may get fired any more than whether Marrone, Patricia, Peterson et. al do. No one should give a s whether Dak gets paid or if he's getting paid or how good he is any more than "Danny Dimes." They do NOTHING to deserve all this attention and keep getting it.

I hope they lose BIG tonight to the Bears. Because Jerrah's locker room narcissistic weepiness and Skip's cardiac will be the most entertaining part of having to see them on ALL THE TIME.
Been saying this for years. and we just get more cowboys and more cowboys and more cowboys shoved down our throat. It's tiresome and they are tiresome. Several of the games you listed were also nearly nationwide broadcasts and were featured as the FOX "America's Game of the Week". The game vs. GB comes immediately to mind.

getnasty

Reaction score
Cowboys scare me more then the Eagles so Go Bears!

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1" Been saying this for years. and we just get more cowboys and more cowboys and more cowboys shoved down our throat. It's tiresome and they are tiresome. Several of the games you listed were also nearly nationwide broadcasts and were featured as the FOX "America's Game of the Week". The game vs. GB comes immediately to mind.[/quote said:
I knew I missed one.

For places w/o a team nearby in the game--almost all of them--the Cowboys are it by default when they've gotten a "worthy" opponent (well except the Jets.)

It's almost halftime, and they are sucking more than the lowly Bears. I can't even count the number of missed throws Prescott has had. And the announcers are braying that, "oh, the Cowboys are stacked with talent, ANY COACH on the NFL would love this roster."

Well I beg to differ. Amari Cooper maybe but that isn't based on how he's playing here. The rest of 'em are vet emergency signings for replacement or backups, including their QB.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Chicago Wims went out hurt after missing two, a rookie comes in and he and the defender catch the ball at the same time.

Ruling on the field is Bears TD going into the half, Bears up 7-17.

Let's do this BEARS!

James in PA

Reaction score
First of all, this lame-ass Cowboys franchise should NOT be in the NFC “East.” It’s so ridiculous. But the NFL would never have the balls to move their sorry asses outta there because of “tradition. How long has it been since a Cowboys Redskins game has excited ANYONE? It’s not a “rivalry.” It’s crap! Move them out of the East and maybe we don’t have to hear about them quite as much. What a great thing that would be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Bears score AGAIN! 24-7 Bears

Looks like Michael Bennett came off poss with an injury at about 8:30 in the 3Q

Now announcers are crying about all the injuries to the poor Cowboys. From what they said sound nowhere as dire as the ones we (and tbf 9ers too) have had.

Kahlil Mack downs Prescott on third down and almost! Excellent work! Bears have the ball back

Latest posts