Detroit fans, Diggs and the "Patriot Way"

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
They are fast becoming Hawks fans: https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2019/12/ ... roit-lions

It was insane on Detroit's part to trade him for a fifth rounder, apparently b/c he wasn't falling in line with "The Patriot Way."

I know Pete coached there, but NO THANKS now on bringing in any of Belichick's assistants. McDaniels and Mangini failed. Patrcia's now on the ropes. The only one fans can stand is Grier in Miami, and that's because Miami set expectations at 0-16.

Oh, and now the Pats are being investigated over a "mini-spygate" involving possibly taping Bengals calls last week.

Who knows how BB has lasted so long. But he doesn't have a coaching tree. Nor do they have a serviceable QB2 nor the kind of draft picks to get someone like Garropolo. If they did, Tom Brady's record is chasing them out of town. If he's back for next year, it'll be so he can get the spotlight. Developing QBs is not his strong suit.

It's been a long spell of success, but I can't see it being sustained much longer before they have to go into a rebuilding mode like the 9ers did. They are totally unprepared for that kind of adversity.

Their "legacy" is not sustainable, and their egos are both so huge they don't see it.

I see both out of the league within a couple of years.