Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Richard Sherman won

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics. Ex-Seahawks fall into NFL topics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Re: Richard Sherman won
Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:29 pm
  • He gambled on himself and he won, he's always going to be one of my favorite players ever, I'm very happy he's doing awesome and can't wait to see him in Canton
    Shaz
    NET Starter

Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:51 am
  • xray wrote:Many jeered him in here and beyond ; and he had the last laugh . He is looked up to by the team and has been very instrumental in bringing swagger back to their defense . He has tons of playoff experience ; and I wouldn't be surprised if he has a game changing play in these playoffs . He will get his $$ going forward . IMO

I miss Sherm.....
    vigilantgrrl
    NET Rookie

Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:08 am
  • TheLegendOfBoom wrote:Sherm won his contract and he is smart but he let his ego get the better of him.

Kam will go down as everyone’s all-time favorite LOB member.

Nope. It'll be Sherm.
    SixSeahawk
    NET Starter

Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:58 pm
  • The Legion of Boom was such an era in Seahawks history that it'll probably never repeat itself in any form, ever. Truth is, whether we admit it or not, we all have fond memories of Sherman, Thomas, and Chancellor being the three headed beast of the LOB.

I think some on this board may favor Chancellor more since he stayed and retired as a Seahawk, but that was mainly due to a career ending injury. Had he not gotten hurt would he have stayed? Who knows quite frankly, but the fact is he did, and was, and retired a Seahawk. Lets not forgot his holdout though, and that season the team went 0-2 the first two games he missed. I think ET and Sherm are harder to swallow because of ET's last two seasons with the team were marred with injury and terrible attitude, and Sherms diva persona starting to become grating even to the biggest of fans.

Truth is I miss all three. Of the three I think I miss Sherm the most. He was a personality. He's intelligent and he knows his position well and to this day is playing like an All-Pro, so good for him.
    Seahawk_Dan
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:59 pm
  • Seahawk_Dan wrote:The Legion of Boom was such an era in Seahawks history that it'll probably never repeat itself in any form, ever. Truth is, whether we admit it or not, we all have fond memories of Sherman, Thomas, and Chancellor being the three headed beast of the LOB.

I think some on this board may favor Chancellor more since he stayed and retired as a Seahawk, but that was mainly due to a career ending injury. Had he not gotten hurt would he have stayed? Who knows quite frankly, but the fact is he did, and was, and retired a Seahawk. Lets not forgot his holdout though, and that season the team went 0-2 the first two games he missed. I think ET and Sherm are harder to swallow because of ET's last two seasons with the team were marred with injury and terrible attitude, and Sherms diva persona starting to become grating even to the biggest of fans.

Truth is I miss all three. Of the three I think I miss Sherm the most. He was a personality. He's intelligent and he knows his position well and to this day is playing like an All-Pro, so good for him.

Don't leave off Browner, he brought physicality that nobody had seen in a CB before, Safeties yes but CB, no. That was the original LOB, everyone else that came in after he left was a place holder. He and Chancellor were why that name came about primarily and Sherman and Thomas brought Brains and Speed, Kam was also the quiet leader and stabilizer.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:35 am
  • SixSeahawk wrote:
    TheLegendOfBoom wrote:Sherm won his contract and he is smart but he let his ego get the better of him.

Nope. It'll be Sherm.

Yeah. I just don't get it.

Hawks fans are going to celebrate the very good player over the two best player's at their positions in their generations because why?

It just doesn't make any sense.

Kam held out into the regular season to get paid more.

Thomas was asking the team that beat him in the playoffs to come get him within minutes of losing.

Sherman's sin was getting cut by the Hawks and the Hawks saying "no" to resigning him when he kept leaving the room in his negotiations with the 9ers as he was desperately trying to stay on the team that just cut him. What an @sshole!!! :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll:
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:05 pm
  • GO HAWKS
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:33 pm
  • Popeyejones wrote:
    SixSeahawk wrote:
    TheLegendOfBoom wrote:Sherm won his contract and he is smart but he let his ego get the better of him.

Nope. It'll be Sherm.

Hawks fans are going to celebrate the very good player over the two best player's at their positions in their generations because why?

Thomas was asking the team that beat him in the playoffs to come get him within minutes of losing.

Sherman's sin was getting cut by the Hawks and the Hawks saying "no" to resigning him when he kept leaving the room in his negotiations with the 9ers as he was desperately trying to stay on the team that just cut him. What an @sshole!!! :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll:

It's not nearly as black and white as this.

Richard Sherman is/was an outspoken advocate on both political and social issues that many Hawks fans were uncomfortable with or completely opposed to. This is in addition to his many comments about the coaching staff and QB, and petty battles with the press. And that's assuming every Hawks fan was not offended by his actions at the end of the NFCC game.

His departure from the Hawks was all the reason for people who did not like that aspect of his personality to tee off on him.

Personally, I always appreciated Sherman. I don't care that he's gone. I don't care that he's with the 9ers. I enjoyed him here.

But Sherman's "sin" in the eyes of many Hawk's fans was not just getting cut.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:09 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    Popeyejones wrote:
    SixSeahawk wrote:

Nope. It'll be Sherm.

It's not nearly as black and white as this.

Richard Sherman is/was an outspoken advocate on both political and social issues that many Hawks fans were uncomfortable with or completely opposed to. This is in addition to his many comments about the coaching staff and QB, and petty battles with the press. And that's assuming every Hawks fan was not offended by his actions at the end of the NFCC game.

His departure from the Hawks was all the reason for people who did not like that aspect of his personality to tee off on him.

Personally, I always appreciated Sherman. I don't care that he's gone. I don't care that he's with the 9ers. I enjoyed him here.

But Sherman's "sin" in the eyes of many Hawk's fans was not just getting cut.

I personally didn't like Sherman while he was here, and it has nothing to do with his political or social stances.

You've pretty much nailed why some of us didn't like him. For me it all started with his weird Skip Bayless 'better at life than you' comment, and dovetailed into his constant battles with the media where he'd lie about the interactions despite the fact that there was audio/video of what he'd said.

He was a hell of a player but he always struck me, on the surface, as a bit of a self-serving individual who could never admit when he was wrong. People like to point to the final play of the Super Bowl as the beginning of the end for the Hawks near-dynasty. I tend to point to guys like Sherman and their inability to move on as the real demise. It's hard for me to blame the Hawks for moving on from him.
    knownone
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:23 pm
  • He's got a big mouth but he was right.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:51 pm
  • Sherman won by betting on himself. If hawks had him, we would be playing kc.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:56 pm
  • Richard Sherman is going to the Super Bowl.
    SixSeahawk
    NET Starter

Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:11 pm
  • DomeHawk wrote:He's got a big mouth but he was right.

Exactly
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:21 pm
  • Shanegotyou11 wrote:Sherman won by betting on himself. If hawks had him, we would be playing kc.

Of course when he faces the hawks, I do not want him to win. But now that we are out of it, I am all in on Sherm and I want to see him get another ring.
    vigilantgrrl
    NET Rookie

Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:24 am
  • Sherm got the interception that iced the NFCCG in 2020.
    Just as he did "the tip" six years ago.

He's like a modern storybook, just not for us anymore.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

Previous

It is currently Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:43 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information