Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Panthers hire coach

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics. Ex-Seahawks fall into NFL topics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Panthers hire coach
Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:29 am

Re: Panthers hire coach
Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:39 am
  • Ya. I saw that and thought, "Who?"

Rhule is 45, and he had a stint as a assistant OL coach for the Giants about a decade ago. But most of his experience has been with Baylor and Temple, respectable but not powerhouses.

So I wonder where Carolina's going with this. Tepper's always struck me as a fundamentally conservative owner, not the type to go for Kingsbury-style offenses paired w/an untrad QB. How well that works hasn't been proven with the Cards yet.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:28 pm
  • SantaClaraHawk wrote:Ya. I saw that and thought, "Who?"

Rhule is 45, and he had a stint as a assistant OL coach for the Giants about a decade ago. But most of his experience has been with Baylor and Temple, respectable but not powerhouses.

So I wonder where Carolina's going with this. Tepper's always struck me as a fundamentally conservative owner, not the type to go for Kingsbury-style offenses paired w/an untrad QB. How well that works hasn't been proven with the Cards yet.

Actually he really turned Baylor’s program around.
    I’m not sure that his abilities will translate well to the NFL but time will tell.

We know very well that being up to date with the current NCAA recruits can be a huge advantage.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:23 pm
  • I'd heard his name a few times but didn't actually realize who he was until today. From a career development perspective, I think he would have been better served going to a name big college program to see if he could do it again at a high level. Then see what doors are open. A jump from Baylor to the Pros? Eh, I wouldn't do it if I were the team.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:29 pm
  • From Waco to Whacko. Good luck.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:25 pm
  • New owner, 7 year deal 60 million and possible of 70 million, this is going to blow up in his face.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:58 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:New owner, 7 year deal 60 million and possible of 70 million, this is going to blow up in his face.

Couldn't beat Oklahoma two times in one season and lost the Sugar Bowl to Georgia. Seems reasonable.
    Seahawk_Dan
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:18 pm
  • Brock Huard was impressed with him when he met him at Temple. He seems to think that the guy is adaptable to the players he has, and maybe innovative?

It's on blue 42 today.

DANNY AND GALLANT -- January 7, 2020 - Hour 2

In Blue 42 with Brock Huard, we ask three important football questions, including how much the Seahawks pass protection actually improved against the Eagles.

We dive into some breaking news in NFL head coaching hires
    and ponder how Pete Carroll has remained so successful. Brian Billick joins us to give his thoughts on the Seahawks' postseason and finally, KJ Wright backs up Danny.

https://sports.mynorthwest.com/category ... nd+Gallant
    ivotuk
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:14 pm
  • The fact that he turned around 2 programs as soon as he got there says something. It might not translate to the NFL, but I can see why they wanted to take a chance on him. But boy, it was an expensive chance they took.
    12AngryHawks
    NET Starter

Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:39 pm
  • 12AngryHawks wrote:The fact that he turned around 2 programs as soon as he got there says something. It might not translate to the NFL, but I can see why they wanted to take a chance on him. But boy, it was an expensive chance they took.

College he gets to pick his players, you don't have a GM and or a Owner to deal with, you and your Coaches work with Scouts and offer them.

The best Coach can't build a team if the GM and or Owner wants to play Madden or be involved with team management, points at Cowboys and Redskins and Dolphins.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:54 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:
    12AngryHawks wrote:The fact that he turned around 2 programs as soon as he got there says something. It might not translate to the NFL, but I can see why they wanted to take a chance on him. But boy, it was an expensive chance they took.

College he gets to pick his players, you don't have a GM and or a Owner to deal with, you and your Coaches work with Scouts and offer them.

The best Coach can't build a team if the GM and or Owner wants to play Madden or be involved with team management, points at Cowboys and Redskins and Dolphins.

But how many 5 star recruits are going to Temple or Baylor?
    12AngryHawks
    NET Starter

Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:12 pm
  • I don't follow college football closely, so maybe someone who does can help me out here. How does a guy, who is barely above .500 in college, get a 7 year deal worth damn near 70 million in the pros?
    knownone
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:14 pm
  • 12AngryHawks wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:
    12AngryHawks wrote:The fact that he turned around 2 programs as soon as he got there says something. It might not translate to the NFL, but I can see why they wanted to take a chance on him. But boy, it was an expensive chance they took.

But how many 5 star recruits are going to Temple or Baylor?

Not many, but you have a program that can adapt to players and target the best of the three stars they can get and the rest, your going to play is a big seller for those types of programs.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

It is currently Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:05 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information