Bill cowher I’m the hall of fame?!?

253hawk

Reaction score
I guess it helps when you play the Browns and Bengals 2x a season for 15 years.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Pete is behind Cowherd in overall win percentage due to his record with the Jets and Pats. His Seahawks average is better though, so it would depend how much his early coaching record is looked at (and whether voters take the situations he was coaching with into account).

justafan

Reaction score
He was a great coach. I loved his style. It was a cool moment for him and his family.

Let it goooo. It was almost 15 years ago

ivotuk

Reaction score
justafan":1t3y1o8c said:
He was a great coach. I loved his style. It was a cool moment for him and his family.

Let it goooo. It was almost 15 years ago

Oh, it's the "I'm above it all and look down upon you peons." post. :34853_doh:

justafan

Reaction score
What are you talking about? I dont hate the guy because we got some bad calls. All he did was coach. I watched it when it happened on the CBS show and it was pretty cool for the guy and his family. If you want to be mad over a game that long ago go for it.

chris98251

Reaction score
Can't fault Cowher, blame the NFL League office for their Bettis agenda and the Officials.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
chris98251":287ik6m8 said:
Can't fault Cowher, blame the NFL League office for their Bettis agenda and the Officials.
This I agree with. However, as was posted in the shack thread by Cyrus12, guy was .500 in the playoffs and gifted his only Super Bowl. Without that gift, he doesn't get in. Furthermore, the Walrus would already be in if that game did not go down as it did because he'd have 2 SBs. Lastly, shouldn't Holmy be in anyway if Cower is? After all, he also had one Super Bowl win and his playoff record is 13-11, a .542 win pct. Suppose it's cuz Cower is a stealer?
Yeah, that's exactly what it is.

chris98251

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3v80ara5 said:
chris98251":3v80ara5 said:
This I agree with. However, as was posted in the shack thread by Cyrus12, guy was .500 in the playoffs and gifted his only Super Bowl. Without that gift, he doesn't get in. Furthermore, the Walrus would already be in if that game did not go down as it did because he'd have 2 SBs. Lastly, shouldn't Holmy be in anyway if Cower is? After all, he also had one Super Bowl win and his playoff record is 13-11, a .542 win pct. Suppose it's cuz Cower is a stealer?

I would say since Holmgren called out the League and Officials when they came back home they never treated him the same.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Is he still paying off the officials from super fix XL*?

Hey, did you know Jerome Bettis is from Detroit?

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
chris98251":2mn48ob3 said:
hawksfansinceday1":2mn48ob3 said:
chris98251":2mn48ob3 said:

I would say since Holmgren called out the League and Officials when they came back home they never treated him the same.
I would say you're 100% correct

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Holmgren was also a coordinator for the dominant 49ers offense of the late 80s and early 90s when Montana was still the QB. If a head coach ever deserved to get in, it's him.

HawkGA

Reaction score
I think the craziness of Cowher being in the Hall is that Jimmy Johnson is JUST NOW getting in the HOF too. WTF? Why wasn't he in there already?

Both had on air announcements today, which was kind of cool, but JJ should have been in there a long time ago.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
HawkGA":cyl8pycg said:
I think the craziness of Cowher being in the Hall is that Jimmy Johnson is JUST NOW getting in the HOF too. WTF? Why wasn't he in there already?

Both had on air announcements today, which was kind of cool, but JJ should have been in there a long time ago.
Agree, even as much as I hate *allas. 2 super bowl wins, and a third was won with essentially his team.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":du3pwypt said:
HawkGA":du3pwypt said:

Agree, even as much as I hate *allas. 2 super bowl wins, and a third was won with essentially his team.
Yep. And Jerruh bought his way.........er, got in before Jimmy too. Ridiculous

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Holmgren > Cowher

Years 17 > 15
Wins 161 >149
Win Pct .592 <.623
Playoff Wins 13 > 12
Playoff Pct .542 < .571
SB Appearances 3 > 2
SB Wins 1 = 1

Pretty damn close I would argue Total Wins and Super bowl appearance should be held in the highest regard.