THANK YOU TITANS!!!!

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
I'm not gonna bash Lamar. He seems like a perfectly nice kid. He's fun as hell to watch and MAYBE he'll turn into a competent NFL passer. I have my doubts, but right now his running ability is so dangerous that he's throwing to guys mostly uncovered over the middle. It's proven to be an incredibly difficult puzzle for defenses to solve. Until he proves he can handle the passing game when forced to, I'm in the camp of RB more than QB.

My main point is to thank the Titans for shutting up the talking heads that can't wait to anoint the next greatest of all time. I feel bad for Lamar in that respect. It's not his fault. The pre-mature knob gobbling is so tiresome. It's a massive turn off. You end up rooting against guys that you actually like watching play, just to shut those ass hats up. Of course you'll hear not a single one of them say maybe they jumped the gun a little bit on crowning the kid and the Ravens. They will talk about the game a little bit and move on until they find the next best of all time that hasn't proven anything yet.

Washington49er

Reaction score
OrangeGravy":2klmks6w said:
I'm not gonna bash Lamar. He seems like a perfectly nice kid. He's fun as hell to watch and MAYBE he'll turn into a competent NFL passer. I have my doubts, but right now his running ability is so dangerous that he's throwing to guys mostly uncovered over the middle. It's proven to be an incredibly difficult puzzle for defenses to solve. Until he proves he can handle the passing game when forced to, I'm in the camp of RB more than QB.

My main point is to thank the Titans for shutting up the talking heads that can't wait to anoint the next greatest of all time. I feel bad for Lamar in that respect. It's not his fault. The pre-mature knob gobbling is so tiresome. It's a massive turn off. You end up rooting against guys that you actually like watching play, just to shut those ass hats up. Of course you'll hear not a single one of them say maybe they jumped the gun a little bit on crowning the kid and the Ravens. They will talk about the game a little bit and move on until they find the next best of all time that hasn't proven anything yet.

My sentiments exactly. Good post. Maybe now he will learn to win without becoming the next RGIII.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
I agree.

What is it about national media that makes them put out such a uniformly mediocre product? Seriously, it's two-four guys literally screaming at one another while a woman is assigned to nanny them to shut up for commercial break.

It's not like there's a dearth of talent on the local side. Condetta and Bell (in SEA) and Inman/Maiocco/Barrows (in SF) being only a few of obvious examples. I don't know who it is in Bal, but seriously, someone should have been able to point out that until the kid was proven successful in playoffs, you couldn't really say more about him.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":1446w4lh said:
I agree.

What is it about national media that makes them put out such a uniformly mediocre product? Seriously, it's two-four guys literally screaming at one another while a woman is assigned to nanny them to shut up for commercial break.

It's not like there's a dearth of talent on the local side. Condetta and Bell (in SEA) and Inman/Maiocco/Barrows (in SF) being only a few of obvious examples. I don't know who it is in Bal, but seriously, someone should have been able to point out that until the kid was proven successful in playoffs, you couldn't really say more about him.
Social media has changed TV (and society) for the worse imo. Everything is the biggest deal EVER and has to be put out NOW.

OrangeGravy: good post

bmorepunk

Reaction score
I would have been fine if the Ravens advanced. All the excitement over Jackson is because he's doing things an unconventional way, he's a new name, and the team went 14-2 doing it. Casual fans, which is the bulk of people making money for the league, get enjoyment out of new, exciting things.

I'd really like to thank the Titans for bouncing the Patriots out of the playoffs. It's nice to see other teams competing instead of them. And it demonstrates that Belechick and that organization isn't infallible, yet again. He might be the best, but even that's not good enough to use every thing he does as the model of "why can't the Seahawks just...like Belechick".

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
bmorepunk":260gkl98 said:
I would have been fine if the Ravens advanced. All the excitement over Jackson is because he's doing things an unconventional way, he's a new name, and the team went 14-2 doing it. Casual fans, which is the bulk of people making money for the league, get enjoyment out of new, exciting things.

I'd really like to thank the Titans for bouncing the Patriots out of the playoffs. It's nice to see other teams competing instead of them. And it demonstrates that Belechick and that organization isn't infallible, yet again. He might be the best, but even that's not good enough to use every thing he does as the model of "why can't the Seahawks just...like Belechick".

Jackson does play unconventionally, but it annoyed me the way analysts talked like it has never been seen before, or that he's reinventing the game. Neither are true.

olyfan63

Reaction score
I thought it was disgusting the way the media questioned Jackson in the post-loss press conference. Jackson maintained his politeness, but the questions that were asked, just icky. One or two, fine, but question after question seemed to be "Lamar, how how long is the hurt from this second playoff loss going to last?"

Threedee

Reaction score
Washington49er":1ya9fzq4 said:
My sentiments exactly. Good post. Maybe now he will learn to win without becoming the next RGIII.

I found it odd that RGIII was signed as Jackson's backup. Almost as though the organization wanted to have a cautionary tale close by to fend-off hubris and recklessness.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Threedee":1lpvot36 said:
Washington49er":1lpvot36 said:

I found it odd that RGIII was signed as Jackson's backup. Almost as though the organization wanted to have a cautionary tale close by to fend-off hubris and recklessness.

That's a good angle I hadn't thought of. The irony is it was a Baltimore player that hit Griffin and injured him. I was thinking it was just skillset, that Griffin could run *some* of the same offense.