Eli calls it a career

James in PA

Reaction score
Debatable HOFer. Those 2 rings will probably get him in some day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HawkGA

Reaction score
James in PA":3ar2r2j6 said:
Debatable HOFer. Those 2 rings will probably get him in some day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh he's getting in.

Well, prior to this season I would have said it was a shoe in. Now that he has a below .500 record, it becomes a bit more debatable. But I still think he gets in.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
He better not get in. The Hall of Fame is supposed to be for great players, not guys who caught lightning in a bottle twice and were otherwise mediocre the vast majority of the time otherwise.

Don't diminish true greatness by putting him in there.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Two rings, Two SB MVP's IIRC, 57k yards, 366 TD's? The stats are good, but its his last name that will push him over the top. He is that classic player that hung around longer than he should have.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2bt81f43 said:
He better not get in. The Hall of Fame is supposed to be for great players, not guys who caught lightning in a bottle twice and were otherwise mediocre the vast majority of the time otherwise.

3 words for you "New York, Manning"

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":rp9e25oj said:
RolandDeschain":rp9e25oj said:

3 words for you "New York, Manning"
I know he's almost certainly getting in; expectations and hopes are two different things. :)

bmorepunk

Reaction score
I just want to thank the Mouth Breather for beating the Patriots in the Super Bowl. Twice.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
bmorepunk":14d1s6qf said:
I just want to thank the Mouth Breather for beating the Patriots in the Super Bowl. Twice.

Have you heard the term "gillyweed"....then he dont breath out his mouf. :twisted: :twisted: :stirthepot:

chris98251

Reaction score
Mannings are not done, Peyton or his Older brother have a son making noise right now in high school.

OP
OP
Cyrus12

Cyrus12

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":xqrez7bl said:

He gets in because of his last name. Tyree should get in if its based on a super bowl win.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Is he a Hall of Fame QB? No. Will he get in? Yes.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
After the wins over the Pats his next greatest contribution to football imo is the "football on your phone" video with his brother.

knownone

Reaction score
I'm slightly embarrassed for the NFL media for thinking he deserves to be in the HOF. He's maybe the 10th best QB of his generation. He's the 3rd best QB from his draft class. I know Superbowl's are important, but this is silly.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Not once when watching Eli did I think "that's a Hall of Fame level player". But then again, I feel the same way about Jason Witten, and then you look at his statistical accumulation over 15+ years and realize he'll be in the HOF too.

A guy like Namath sets the bar pretty low for New York based QBs whose name is bigger than their game.

Maulbert

Reaction score
knownone":5ntfnxip said:
I'm slightly embarrassed for the NFL media for thinking he deserves to be in the HOF. He's maybe the 10th best QB of his generation. He's the 3rd best QB from his draft class. I know Superbowl's are important, but this is silly.

There are idiots who think Carson Palmer is a HoFer.

At least Eli won a couple Super Bowls.

chris98251

Reaction score
Phil Simms, Eli Manning, Kerry Collins, Jeff Hostetler, Fran Tarkenton , Y. A. Tittle going back to 1964 with a few no names in a year here and there. Tell me who really is a HOF QB for the Giants.

Latest posts