Another great defense bites the dust

John63

Reaction score
Another great defense with Sherman gives up a 10 point lead in under a Qtr.

JGreen79

Reaction score
And an very conservative gameplan for 3 quarters before playing like they should have all game won the super bowl.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
Did you see where the defense turned the ball over on downs on a critical drive? Or the next series when they threw that interception? Pathetic.

Oh wait, that was the offense.

cum hoc ergo propter hoc: The logical fallacy by which coincidence implies causation.

Edit: Stupid board is masking Latin.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Great defense? Good yeah, not great. They were 8th in points allowed... the Chiefs were 7th. So were they "great" too?

hoxrox

Reaction score
Not a generational defense. They're alright, but nothing like the LOB days.

getnasty

Reaction score
Amazing how many times the Chiefs got down this post season, super slow starters, almost reminds me of the. Nevermind.

OP
OP
John63

John63

Reaction score
Anyone want to address the elephant in the room? A Sherman led defense has given up a 10 point lead with 1 qtr or less to go in the SB twice in a row now.

getnasty

Reaction score
John63":147wwa9f said:
Anyone want to address the elephant in the room? A Sherman led defense has given up a 10 point lead with 1 qtr or less to go in the SB twice in a row now.

John,

As a fan of Russell and just a Hawks fan in general don't bring up the last blown SB and while i don't disagree that the defesne gave him up Russell's poor decision/pass is what people remember not Sherman.

Nunya_

Reaction score
John63":xcbtevrf said:

Really? You think that is an "elephant in the room"? 24 points than maybe it is something to talk about. 10 points? Does not even reach the level of a "mouse in the room".

OP
OP
John63

John63

Reaction score
getnasty":1whks7dp said:
John63":1whks7dp said:

John,

As a fan of Russell and just a Hawks fan in general don't bring up the last blown SB and while i don't disagree that the defesne gave him up Russell's poor decision/pass is what people remember not Sherman.

One this has nothing to do with Wilson, i am making the point about Sherman.

OP
OP
John63

John63

Reaction score
Nunya_":pmd49bqk said:
John63":pmd49bqk said:

Really? You think that is an "elephant in the room"? 24 points than maybe it is something to talk about. 10 points? Does not even reach the level of a "mouse in the room".

Yeah I get it, I guess a top 3 defense is expected to lose a 10 point lead in leas than a qtr. I mean.it happens all the time, oh wait it doesn't. Oh well

zchurch74

Reaction score
How about an OK defense. A great defense holds the greatest offense in NFL history to one garbage time TD

GO HAWKS!!!!!!

bmorepunk

Reaction score
That's a really good defense, don't undersell it. They couldn't get the stop when they needed to, but that defense is the primary reason they got where they did this season.

I'm more entertained that the "innovative, young coach" gets beat by the old man on the big stage for the second year in a row.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
They had trouble all year with mobile QBs. Remember they came within half a yard of giving up a big lead in that last game that would have dropped them to the 5th seed.

KinesProf

Reaction score
I didn't think the 49ers defense was the problem at all. I thought Shanahan and the offensive game plan cost them. SF defense held up.

knownone

Reaction score
KinesProf":1nk3t1fj said:
I didn't think the 49ers defense was the problem at all. I thought Shanahan and the offensive game plan cost them. SF defense held up.
They gave up 21 points in the fourth quarter. Shanahan didn't do them any favors, but at the end of the day, the defense fell apart when it mattered the most.

Maulbert

Reaction score
KinesProf":20z3oo9l said:

The 49ers offense didn't give up a 38 yard TD run to the league's 23rd ranked rushing offense. That was the league's 2nd ranked run defense.

KinesProf

Reaction score
knownone":1wzf4r77 said:
KinesProf":1wzf4r77 said:
They gave up 21 points in the fourth quarter. Shanahan didn't do them any favors, but at the end of the day, the defense fell apart when it mattered the most.

I don't know, it may sound crazy to say, but in this NFL if you're holding the Chiefs to 31 you're giving yourself a chance.