Kyle Shanahan.

Maulbert

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/stephenasmith/status/1224168943948124161[/tweet]

:shock:

Is the book written on him? He has now been at the offensive reins of the two biggest blown 4th quarter leads in Super Bowl history. I mean, he choked against Andy Reid, the king of choke jobs!

At the very least, when Stephen A. Smith owns you, you've @#$%&? up hard.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Maulbert":1o7rj9gy said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/stephenasmith/status/1224168943948124161[/tweet]

:shock:

Is the book written on him? He has now been at the offensive reins of the two biggest blown 4th quarter leads in Super Bowl history. I mean, he choked against Andy Reid, the king of choke jobs!

At the very least, when Stephen A. Smith owns you, you've @#$%&? up hard.
They are ripping “Kyle the genius”, Saleh “the defensive guru”, and Jimmy “the Golden boy”, pretty hard on the Denial Zone. Entertaining AF to read, just 5 hours ago they couldn’t heap enough praise on them all.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
I don't know if "getting away from the run" is a valid criticism in this game. They definitely blew that in the NE Super Bowl, and I'll give people crap with that one anytime they bring up "put your foot to their throat!' and "don't let your foot off the gas!". But they started first downs with runs after they were up 20-10; it was more akin to the (often improperly used) "run, pass, pass, punt" criticism I see regarding the Seahawks.

Smith should probably go back and look at the play-by-play, he'd be surprised. But that doesn't make his money being analytical, just hotheaded.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Looking forward to the 9ers have a Rams like season after McVay was shown to no longer be a genius.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
you cant wear that hat and expect anything much more.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Looking forward to their Super Bowl hangover season in 2020.

knownone

Reaction score
bmorepunk":2tkwmyxt said:
I don't know if "getting away from the run" is a valid criticism in this game. They definitely blew that in the NE Super Bowl, and I'll give people crap with that one anytime they bring up "put your foot to their throat!' and "don't let your foot off the gas!". But they started first downs with runs after they were up 20-10; it was more akin to the (often improperly used) "run, pass, pass, punt" criticism I see regarding the Seahawks.

Smith should probably go back and look at the play-by-play, he'd be surprised. But that doesn't make his money being analytical, just hotheaded.
They had a 10 point lead with 10 minutes to go in the game. They dropped back to pass 5 times and ran twice before the Chiefs had taken the lead back with 2 minutes remaining. I think you'd have a point if the Niners weren't averaging over 6 YPC on the ground. As it stands though, they have a run first team and the Chiefs defense could not stop them, so why put the game in Garopolo's hands?

I think that's the issue. Even if they didn't get first downs on the ground, they'd have taken off another 2:30 from the clock while giving their defense a chance to rest. By passing, they took all of the pressure off the Chiefs offense and put it on Garopolo and their defense. In other words, they did exactly what the Chiefs wanted them to do.

KinesProf

Reaction score
Uncle Si":9op0hw8a said:

You don't like that hat?? Looks an Rvca or maybe DC. Coolest coach cap in the league by a wide margin.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
KinesProf":1jkfzceo said:
Uncle Si":1jkfzceo said:

You don't like that hat?? Looks an Rvca or maybe DC. Coolest coach cap in the league by a wide margin.

I like the hat.. if I was going to the mall or cruising the lanes with my friends.

He's coaching a super bowl and dresses like he's heading to a frat party.

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
Running team my nature and don’t eat clock up 10... and Jimmy G is not good, zero pre-snap read.. Kittle in seam open from snap, heat is coming so throw so ball is there right when he comes out the break...nope

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
EGUcE7gWwAIg JGformatjpgnamesmall

Shanahan was asked about the hat this week, and he says he liked it originally but has wanted to make a change. However, his wife Mandy believes changing hats now would mess with the Niners’ juju, and Shanahan says he doesn’t want to hear it from the Mrs. if he swaps hats and his team loses.

“I liked it, but I wanted to change,” Shanahan said, per Scott Ostler of the San Francisco Chronicle. “And I told my wife I was going to do that, and she freaked out on me. She tells me that was the reason we’re winning. I know it’s not, but if I don’t wear the hat and we lose, I’ll have to deal with that forever. I’ll finish it out this year, there’s only one game left.”

Shanahan is not the first 49ers head coach to have his wardrobe become a topic of discussion, and we don’t blame him for not changing now. Whether he’s superstitious or not, there’s no need to switch hats with one game remaining in the season. With the way the 49ers have dominated their opponents for the majority of the year, why risk it?

https://larrybrownsports.com/football/k ... hat/535573

253hawk

Reaction score
I can't stand his tiny logo hat or his rat face.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
knownone":2ifzb3jm said:
bmorepunk":2ifzb3jm said:

They had a 10 point lead with 10 minutes to go in the game. They dropped back to pass 5 times and ran twice before the Chiefs had taken the lead back with 2 minutes remaining. I think you'd have a point if the Niners weren't averaging over 6 YPC on the ground. As it stands though, they have a run first team and the Chiefs defense could not stop them, so why put the game in Garopolo's hands?

I think that's the issue. Even if they didn't get first downs on the ground, they'd have taken off another 2:30 from the clock while giving their defense a chance to rest. By passing, they took all of the pressure off the Chiefs offense and put it on Garopolo and their defense. In other words, they did exactly what the Chiefs wanted them to do.

PLUS - the odds of the Niners going run/run/run for a first down were probably like 80-90% in this game.

He outsmarted himself - the Niners got stopped running the ball on first down a handful of times and then on 2nd and long ripped off explosive runs.

It's completely counter-intuitive to be so conservative before halftime and then aggressive late in the game.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
knownone":335u5zd3 said:
bmorepunk":335u5zd3 said:

It was three runs and five passes but I get your point. I just don't think it rises to the same level of a throw-athon that they went with against the Patriots. And I will forever use that game as an example of why you don't chuck the ball around like crazy in order to "not take the foot off the gas". You don't want to be super conservative, but you also don't want to go completely the other way. It really depends on the situation and what you're willing to try.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
I think they saw the Chiefs selling out to stop the run and thought they could kill them off with some quick throws for big yards.

They asked JG to kill the game off for them and he didn't make the plays.

KinesProf

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3d8ru3on said:
KinesProf":3d8ru3on said:
Uncle Si":3d8ru3on said:

I like the hat.. if I was going to the mall or cruising the lanes with my friends.

These dudes are so superstitous though. You don't make that change just because it's the Super Bowl. Pete wore his ugly sneakers in the Super Bowl and Belichick his sloppy hoodie - it doesn't matter that it is the Super Bowl.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
KinesProf":1jfeynk8 said:
Uncle Si":1jfeynk8 said:
KinesProf":1jfeynk8 said:
Uncle Si":1jfeynk8 said:

These dudes are so superstitous though. You don't make that change just because it's the Super Bowl. Pete wore his ugly sneakers in the Super Bowl and Belichick his sloppy hoodie - it doesn't matter that it is the Super Bowl.

I just think it's a dumb hat for a grown man to wear. The fact he wore it before and had to continue to for superstition is even more absurd.

Carroll and PC wear ratty clothes because they are co sided with the game, not their appearance.

Shanahan already looks like a guy who is celebrating his own hype.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Torc":h8uwupde said:
This quote says it all, from Tyrann Mathieu: "We were grateful they got out of the run and started to throw the ball."

(https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers ... d-run-game)

He's just being a sore winner. I really don't read anything into that.

In any case, apparently Shanny's hat is now one of the things that makes him unlikable? A real Pete Carroll gum chewing moment. :lol: :lol:

If you need a sure sign of this rivalry getting activated again, it's stupid crap like justifying dislike through sartorial choices.