Sherman

TAB420

Reaction score
I thought he gave up a couple of huge plays that really hurt the Niner's. What do you guys think?

HawkGA

Reaction score
Second time Sherm's been on a defense that gave up a double digit lead late in the Super Bowl.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Sherman, I love the dude and what he does off the field, especially in my community of Maple Valley, but let's be honest...His best years are behind him.

James in PA

Reaction score
Sherm is getting blasted on Twitter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IndyHawk

Reaction score
He's old...Time is catching up to him.

xray

Reaction score
He's lost a step or 2 and looked gassed at the end . Happens to all eventually .

James in PA

Reaction score
Will Sherm blast his current coaches too for dumb play calling that once again cost him a 2nd ring??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uncle Si

Reaction score
I harbor no ill will towards Sherman, but I was rooting hard for the Chiefs.

In terms of him getting beat, this isn't really new. He's never been a speed CB, using his hands, size, and technique to do a majority of the work and letting a HoF SS to cover his deep if someone ever managed to get free and get into a foot race. I think I heard someone say "he doesn't have long speed." It was a great collaboration.

9er fans have been going on and on about how he is the same CB he always was, and here's where they haven't been quite correct. The Chiefs exploited Shermans dwindling physicality at just the right times, using well executed designs to move the safetys away from his cover. The 9ers, in turn, relied on him to the CB they thought he was at Seattle.

With a mobile QB to avoid the front four pressure that the 9ers thought would limit the time the WRs had to get deep, the 9ers finally caved. It took forever it seemed. The 9ers were just fine giving up 10-12 yard pass plays every 3 or 4 drop backs, thinking that their pressure would force punts at some point of a drive. it was working, until the Chiefs started to test it more. (maybe just out of necessity, given they were down 10)

If Bieniemy is not up for a HC job heading into 2020, he will be on the very short list of openings that come up in that season. He did a great job with a QB who was struggling against a top 10 defense in the biggest game of the year.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Sherm giving up a long pass in man with no help over the top sounds about right to me. It happened, and I think anyone playing surprised that it could have happened is being foolish.

He was easily one of the best CBs in the NFL this year; much better than I ever expected him to be.

He's still a hell of a player and has been an absolute dream of a vet teammate on the 9ers so far too.

D

DomeHawk

Just happy I didn't have to listen to him rant after a SB win.

Getting Mahomes is the best thing that ever happened to those great KC fans.

Onward

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Aros":305hpsg9 said:
Sherman, I love the dude and what he does off the field, especially in my community of Maple Valley, but let's be honest...His best years are behind him.
Yep. Our staff knew this too.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Will he spend the next few years throwing Shannahan and Jimmy under the bus, because his D once again gave up a 10 point lead? Or unlike in Seattle, will a guy like DeFo tell him to STFU, or he'll kick his butt.

Chapow

Reaction score
CPHawk":1rsiyygm said:
Will he spend the next few years throwing Shannahan and Jimmy under the bus, because his D once again gave up a 10 point lead? Or unlike in Seattle, will a guy like DeFo tell him to STFU, or he'll kick his butt.

I'm not seeing him blame anyone else or throwing anyone under the bus. Looks like he's accepting responsibility for not being good enough.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/RSherman_25/status/1224200398098984960[/tweet]

Smellyman

Reaction score
Chapow":2gn5cv5v said:
CPHawk":2gn5cv5v said:

I'm not seeing him blame anyone else or throwing anyone under the bus. Looks like he's accepting responsibility for not being good enough.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/RSherman_25/status/1224200398098984960[/tweet]

yet....

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
I've said it before and I'll say it again, if Pete forces Bevell to take responsibility publicly for 49 instead of throwing Lockette under the bus, the locker room, including Sherman, is a different place going forward.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Decent troll attempt from a Rams fan...

[tweet]https://twitter.com/IE_RamsFan_94/status/1224201762690625536[/tweet]

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Not gonna bag on Sherman. He may have "lost a step" physically but his smarts are there. He simply doesn't have the safeties behind him like he did here - a free safety like ET is like having an extra half a dude on the field.