Not many 9er fans here today

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Popeye's been here, rlkats was last night and SF49r posted once to say he's "done" with Jimmy G. Haven't seen Washington49er, Stanley or the rest of the mouthier crowd. Hmmmmmm...............

rlkats

Reaction score
Still here pal. Great game better team won. Glad my team made it. But ya it sucks to lose. Work was rough today hahahha. But I will tell you what. Jimmy is the weak link. And shanny screwed up the 4th qtr.

Yes I didn't like the refs I felt it was very one sided on calls. But whatever. See you next year hawks.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
That Jimmy G. meltdown at the end was pretty spectacular. Has there been a worse one in Super Bowl history in such a short amount of game clock time?

olyfan63

Reaction score
It was a great game, hard fought, exciting. Niners had the recipe just right for 53 minutes, up two scores, then all Mahomes broke loose. As glad as I am that KC won, that 49ers team was good enough to win, and played championship-level football for 3.5 quarters. One little play made or not made changes the result. Those 2 batted passes in the 4th quarter? Either one gets through, and maybe it's a different result.

Mahomes and the KC defense made the plays they had to have, at the critical times, and got the result. Saved us Hawks fans from a year of hell.

Jimmy G wasn't good enough when it counted.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
olyfan63":s0jhsyel said:
Jimmy G wasn't good enough when it counted.
That's a very polite way to put it. Seems to me, he had MULTIPLE epic meltdowns in the heat of the moment right near the end.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
It’s not as fun to talk crap when your team chokes in the Super Bowl.
Some of the crap talking trolls we will never see again.

olyfan63

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2gcmgssn said:
That Jimmy G. meltdown at the end was pretty spectacular. Has there been a worse one in Super Bowl history in such a short amount of game clock time?

And repeat again, how much cap the Niners have tied up in Garoppolo?

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
dear 9 ers please Keep carapolo as your starter for a very long time

Seanhawk

Reaction score
olyfan63":3f2f8fwh said:
RolandDeschain":3f2f8fwh said:

I'm pretty sure I heard this right, but this morning on ESPN Radio they said that the Niners would only take a $4 million cap hit if they cut him before April 1st.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Seanhawk":311p1fzs said:
olyfan63":311p1fzs said:
RolandDeschain":311p1fzs said:

I'm pretty sure I heard this right, but this morning on ESPN Radio they said that the Niners would only take a $4 million cap hit if they cut him before April 1st.

It's true: https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/san-francis ... olo-14472/

As to whether Mullens would be better, they went 4-12 without Jimmy G the year before. I know they have Bosa and other pieces, but Jimmy D contributed.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
rlkats":ghyktjv3 said:
Still here pal. Great game better team won. Glad my team made it. But ya it sucks to lose. Work was rough today hahahha. But I will tell you what. Jimmy is the weak link. And shanny screwed up the 4th qtr.

Yes I didn't like the refs I felt it was very one sided on calls. But whatever. See you next year hawks.

9ers 5 for 45, Chiefs 4 for 24..

hardly one sided

Maulbert

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1a18w3u1 said:
rlkats":1a18w3u1 said:

hardly one sided

Niners fans also seem convinced Damien Williams didn't score on his receiving TD. I honestly believe if he had been called out of bounds, they wouldn't have overturned it, either. It was damn close, and they will usually side with the call on the field, because avoidance of undermining the refs is (usually frustratingly) their top priority. I really don't know which happened first, but their decision made sense. They didn't confirm the call, they let it stand, and there's a difference.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Looked like he barely got the ball across the plane. I think you are right they were going to not change the call on the field.

TreeRon

Reaction score
Seanhawk":2zyu5mud said:
olyfan63":2zyu5mud said:
RolandDeschain":2zyu5mud said:

$4.2 Million according to OTC over the cap.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
rlkats":21yen9ev said:

Yeah but you are one of the three (stilll living today) "cool" 49er fans. :mrgreen:

We know you will man up. :irishdrinkers:

Congrats on getting farther than we did anyway. I think you're a QB away. Could be Jimmy G grows into the job. I don't see him ever being cluth=ch like Russel though, but I wouldn't count him out just yet. He could improbve a lot, remains to be seen. :49ersmall:

rlkats

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":1skfgnbb said:
dear 9 ers please Keep carapolo as your starter for a very long time

We will as long as you keep old Pete.

rlkats

Reaction score
Maulbert":328lfb08 said:
Uncle Si":328lfb08 said:
rlkats":328lfb08 said:

hardly one sided

Niners fans also seem convinced Damien Williams didn't score on his receiving TD. I honestly believe if he had been called out of bounds, they wouldn't have overturned it, either. It was damn close, and they will usually side with the call on the field, because avoidance of undermining the refs is (usually frustratingly) their top priority. I really don't know which happened first, but their decision made sense. They didn't confirm the call, they let it stand, and there's a difference.

Does it really matter? Damn the guy was a hair away if he wasn't in. We couldn't stop 3 and 15. How do you think 1st and and inch would go?

rlkats

Reaction score
SeAhAwKeR4life":15vmi7n7 said:
rlkats":15vmi7n7 said:

Yeah but you are one of the three (stilll living today) "cool" 49er fans. :mrgreen:

Congrats on getting farther than we did anyway. I think you're a QB away. Could be Jimmy G grows into the job. I don't see him ever being cluth=ch like Russel though, but I wouldn't count him out just yet. He could improbve a lot, remains to be seen. :49ersmall:

Thanks for the professionalism and class.

chris98251

Reaction score
rlkats":366p1ai0 said:
SeAhAwKeR4life":366p1ai0 said:
rlkats":366p1ai0 said:

Thanks for the professionalism and class.

Jimmy G looked like JAG out there and wasn't able to flip a switch or allowed to, either way the bottle had no lightning in it while on the other side Reid basically let Mahome's play the last quarter and took the leash off.