Pat Mahomes is NOT the team MVP!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
The RB should have been the MVP. Mahomes is getting paid though regardless if he’s the MVP or not.
The cap is going to bite them starting next year. Might be 3 or 4 years before they make it back, but if you have the stud a QB you always have a shot.

TreeRon

Reaction score
What are you talking about? Mahomes is the best football player, maybe ever ! Just watch listen to most of the talking heads.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Actually if you want to be truthful Shanny and Crappollo should have been the MVP’s. 8)

Uncle Si

Reaction score
TreeRon":6ayjfa3o said:
What are you talking about? Mahomes is the best football player, maybe ever ! Just watch listen to most of the talking heads.

You seem triggered by this...

Mahomes is pretty damned good, a generational talent. Not sure why that bothers people. He's not stealing anything away from Wilson.

getnasty

Reaction score
Our team would very well could vote Bobby Wagner MVP should we not pay Russell? Mahomes is there most valuable player and it's not close. If the NFL redrafted tomorrow he would be the first pick.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1rdrqync said:
The RB should have been the MVP. Mahomes is getting paid though regardless if he’s the MVP or not.
The cap is going to bite them starting next year. Might be 3 or 4 years before they make it back, but if you have the stud a QB you always have a shot.

I've seen this take several times and it irks me. You can replace Mahomes with literally any QB in the NFL and the Niners blow the Chiefs out.

The type of pass rush that the Niners were getting on the Chiefs is similar to what the Rams have done to Wilson a few times when we've crushed you guys.

The Rams got that type of pass rush the first time we played the Niners and we only mustered 7 points - and it's worth noting that on drives that Goff passed the ball, we scored 0.

Mahomes was "off" in the first three quarters, but he was also getting pressured almost every time he dropped back to pass. Even on the huge game changing 3rd and 15 throw to Hill he got hit as soon as the ball was out of his hand. When you consider the circumstances that was one of the best QB performances I've ever seen. Any NFL QB can light up a defense when they have time to pass.

TreeRon

Reaction score
Uncle Si":48k3lycv said:
TreeRon":48k3lycv said:

Mahomes is pretty damned good, a generational talent. Not sure why that bothers people. He's not stealing anything away from Wilson.

Generational talent?? Is not Wilson in the same generation?
(A month ago, Lamar Jackson was a generational talent.)

RW was Mahomes before Mahomes. Wilson's first few years in the league were met with guffaws and misgivings. He was constantly criticized for leaving the pocket and or being a gimmick player who could not play from the pocket (see Prisco comments in another thread). Now with Mahomes, everything's cool and he's a wonder to behold, doing pretty much what Wilson did/does in an offense that allows Mahomes to "cook" at will.

In the NFL talking heads' world, it's as if Wilson doesn't exist (except for Cowherd).

Mahomes is 3-4 inches taller, that's the only difference. Time will tell if Mahomes is as tough as RW.

TreeRon

Reaction score
Ramfan128":l5d3ityj said:
Sports Hernia":l5d3ityj said:

I've seen this take several times and it irks me. You can replace Mahomes with literally any QB in the NFL and the Niners blow the Chiefs out.

The type of pass rush that the Niners were getting on the Chiefs is similar to what the Rams have done to Wilson a few times when we've crushed you guys.

The Rams got that type of pass rush the first time we played the Niners and we only mustered 7 points - and it's worth noting that on drives that Goff passed the ball, we scored 0.

Mahomes was "off" in the first three quarters, but he was also getting pressured almost every time he dropped back to pass. Even on the huge game changing 3rd and 15 throw to Hill he got hit as soon as the ball was out of his hand. When you consider the circumstances that was one of the best QB performances I've ever seen. Any NFL QB can light up a defense when they have time to pass.

If it's any receiver other than Tyreek Hill, that pass isn't completed. That pass was as much about Hill's 4.2 speed as Mahomes' throw. Heck he had to wait on the ball.

One more thing: If RW is the Niners QB, they win going away. He makes that throw to Sanders.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Mahomes is an absolute stud. So thankful that Arizona didn't get him. I had him going to either AZ or KC coming out. He would have developed well under Arians, but will have significantly more success with Reid

Replace him with Wilson in that Super Bowl, and the result would have been similar. Replace Wilson with Mahomes last year, and our record would be within +/- one game.

LJ is Michael Vick 2.0, or maybe a smaller version of Cam Newton. He is going to have success in the league for a few years, more than just another flash in the pan RG III, but he won't have the sustained success that Wilson and Mahomes will have

Uncle Si

Reaction score
TreeRon":aqigy5f5 said:
Uncle Si":aqigy5f5 said:
TreeRon":aqigy5f5 said:

Generational talent?? Is not Wilson in the same generation?
(A month ago, Lamar Jackson was a generational talent.)

RW was Mahomes before Mahomes. Wilson's first few years in the league were met with guffaws and misgivings. He was constantly criticized for leaving the pocket and or being a gimmick player who could not play from the pocket (see Prisco comments in another thread). Now with Mahomes, everything's cool and he's a wonder to behold, doing pretty much what Wilson did/does in an offense that allows Mahomes to "cook" at will.

In the NFL talking heads' world, it's as if Wilson doesn't exist (except for Cowherd).

Mahomes is 3-4 inches taller, that's the only difference. Time will tell if Mahomes is as tough as RW.

But again, why does the praise on Mahomes make you so upset?

Wilson got lots of praise. Still does. Like a lot. Even with Mahomes.

The two can (and do) exist in the same world.

cymatica

Reaction score
Wilson and Mahomes are both studs. Maybe one is better than the other, it's hard to tell. Unfortunately for Wilson, he has been dealt a bad hand in the oline department, and unlike Mahomes, plays in a system not designed to take advantage of exceptional qb play.

OP
OP
IndyHawk

IndyHawk

Reaction score
The thing is..
I posted this because his own teamates don't think he is
their MVP and that to me is a glaring tell of what they
think of him..
We will see when he gets paid and loses a lot of what they
can afford due to his rookie contract just how good he really
is..Is he going to get lesser players playing hard for him like
RW does?I have my doubts but we will see.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
IndyHawk":30gry3nc said:
The thing is..
think of him..

I think you're assuming far too much negative about this situation. Simply because the Chiefs chose Honey Badger as their team MVP does not speak volumes about Mahomes. It means that the Chiefs really thought Mathieu was the inspiration that kept them together this season. Remember, Mahomes missed games through injury and the team needed a spark to carry on.

There is not one player on that team that doesnt think Mahomes isnt just the best player on the team, but probably the best player in the league. Just no way.

Who was the Seahawks MVP in 2013?

OP
OP
IndyHawk

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1od6lz56 said:
IndyHawk":1od6lz56 said:
The thing is..
think of him..

I think you're assuming far too much negative about this situation. Simply because the Chiefs chose Honey Badger as their team MVP does not speak volumes about Mahomes. It means that the Chiefs really thought Mathieu was the inspiration that kept them together this season. Remember, Mahomes missed games through injury and the team needed a spark to carry on.

There is not one player on that team that doesnt think Mahomes isnt just the best player on the team, but probably the best player in the league. Just no way.

Who was the Seahawks MVP in 2013?
Your right about me assuming but we will see how good he really is soon.
As for 2013..I'm guessing it was not RW :lol:

TreeRon

Reaction score
Max Kellerman: "Mahomes is the greatest player who ever lived".
The hype is beyond rediculous.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
TreeRon":2o96iag8 said:
Max Kellerman: "Mahomes is the greatest player who ever lived".
The hype is beyond rediculous.

It'll pass bro....