Gurley

TreeRon

Reaction score
may be on the block. Should we take a chance?

2_0_6

Reaction score
What? Why?

Knees are shot, he's owed a ton of money and trading for him only helps a division rival.

The only RB I would take a chance on is David Johnson if he's released.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
No

I would take Derrick Henry, if he was available, and yes, I know he won't be

acer1240

Reaction score
He is at best a 5th round trade value if even that due to his contract.

The Rams are eating shit on this one.

OP
OP
TreeRon

TreeRon

Reaction score
NO !!! That seems to be the consensus of the talking heads.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
He maybe on the trading block, but I think that's where he stays.. on the trading block. No team in their right mind will go for it. Of course theirs always the Browns and a few others I guess. Me thinking, the Rams are going to eat this one.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Hell no..
His knees are only going to get worse.

Vesuve

Reaction score
IndyHawk":29i7syqh said:
Hell no..
His knees are only going to get worse.
Gurley is close to being done.

Done as dinner.

getnasty

Reaction score
Seems like there's more to Gurley's downfall that were not hearing about. If the Rams ate all the guaranteed money i might throw them a 4th.

getnasty

Reaction score
Maulbert":1q5ocn75 said:
getnasty":1q5ocn75 said:
Seems like there's more to Gurley's downfall that were not hearing about. If the Rams ate all the guaranteed money i might throw them a 4th.

He has an arthritic knee! What more is there to tell?

I don't doubt the knee thing but his usage doesn't make sense to me. It could just be a combo of Mcvey out thinking himself and the knee injury though.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Even if Gurley was the best HB in the league, he's a $17.25 million cap hit with $25.65 million dead cap cut number in 2020. In 2021 it's $13.2 million/$8.4 million. In 2022 it's $14.2 million/$4.2 million. He'd have to be amazing for multiple years in a row with no problems for this to even be a reasonable discussion, and this last year was not good.

But even if he was blowing it up, that cap hit isn't worth it. QBs are expensive because there are so few good ones and they have to be good and be in for every play. RBs can have specialties, get swapped out during the game, etc. That's not to say if you have a Marshawn Lynch or Adrian Peterson type of player (or maybe Derrick Henry if he keeps it going) who can murder opposing defenses that you don't pay them reasonably well. But a $17.25 million cap hit? Just, no.

Here's a list of the 2020 cap hits for the top 10 backs:

Gurley - $17,250,000
Bell - $15,468,750
Johnson - $14,156,250
Elliot - $10,900,000
Freeman - $9,500,000
Fournette - $8,638,907
McKinnon - $8,550,000
Barkley - $8,507,659
McCaffrey - $5,485,872
Ingram - $5,333,333

Of the $8 million+ cap hits, only Fournette, Barkley, and Elliot rushed for 1,000 yards or more (unless I'm missing something). Everybody else was hurt/not playing well.

Chris Carson rushed for over 1,200 yards. He was fifth in the league. There's enough opportunity to hit on mid to late round (or even UDFA) RBs that you don't have to pay gobs of money to one player this position.

The Rams got themselves into cap hell with Gurley and Goff and their other decisions. Some team may be desperate enough to trade for Gurley, or have enough cap space for a couple of years that they don't care, but the Seahawks shouldn't be one of them, especially since it lets the Rams of the hook on Gurley.

xray

Reaction score
Huh ?...Nope The Hawks should hopefully be flush @ RB . Fingers crossed on that .

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Side note, McCaffrey is getting absolutely screwed. Carolina should pay him like a QB, since he is their entire offense, and they should negotiate an extension this year, before he hits free agency.

Now that is a guy I would love to pick up.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
acer1240":ub8o4bm2 said:
He is at best a 5th round trade value if even that due to his contract.

The Rams are eating shit on this one.
Not the only one they're eating shit on.

On a side note, how the hell they gonna afford Ramsey?

Maulbert

Reaction score
getnasty":3u45anjl said:
Maulbert":3u45anjl said:
getnasty":3u45anjl said:

He has an arthritic knee! What more is there to tell?

I don't doubt the knee thing but his usage doesn't make sense to me. It could just be a combo of Mcvey out thinking himself and the knee injury though.

An arthritic knee is not an injury. It's a degenerative condition that will NEVER heal. They were barely using him because every time they do, it will get worse. He's a time bomb.