Paul Richardson released by Skins....Josh Norman too

bmorepunk

Reaction score
I don't understand; they both did really well in free agency. It reads like you mean "them" is the players, but maybe you mean the team.

Norman made over $60 million over the last four seasons and Richardson made $17 million over the last two. Norman made top dollar for his services and Richardson still go paid really well for a guy who had a significant injury history and managed to only rack up just over 1,000 yards and 8 TDs total over his first four years.

The franchise that signed them really overpaid for both and is just a running joke at this point. But those two made out.

sutz

Reaction score
Yeah, they got paid. My interest in Richarson would be nostalgic at most. Certainly not a guy I'd bring back, except maybe mid-season if we have a WR debacle like we did at RB in '19, heaven forbid. The top 2/3 in our WR corps are pretty well set, so I expect to draft a couple of WR and maybe more work in UDFA, with some practice squad eligibility.

:Dunno:

OP
OP
H

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
bmorepunk":14xs91h2 said:
I don't understand; they both did really well in free agency. It reads like you mean "them" is the players, but maybe you mean the team..
Yes I meant the team. Sorry for not being more clear.

sutz

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3t86h7a8 said:
bmorepunk":3t86h7a8 said:
I don't understand; they both did really well in free agency. It reads like you mean "them" is the players, but maybe you mean the team..
Yes I meant the team. Sorry for not being more clear.
Well, The 'Skins have made a tradition of overpaying FAs while trying to buy a ring. Been what? 20 years now?

Is Snyder still in charge? There's a reason successful teams mostly use a system based on: Build through the draft, fill in free agency. :229031_shrug:

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
Could Richardson be back? When he was last here he was trying to be on the field significantly, and be a #1 in DC. If he were to come back, DK and Locket are the starters. Could Richardson benefit as a #3 and minimal field time? He has some talent.

TreeRon

Reaction score
Richardson was a meh NFL wide receiver before, he'd be less so now.

getnasty

Reaction score
Richardson wasn't bad when he was here and still fairly young, his problem is health. I rather spend a pick on a wideout in the draft this year though.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
PRich is kind of like CJ...A tease and not worth the waste of time on.

chris98251

Reaction score
He has Taint on him now, anything in Washington DC gets Tainted.

He got a payday from his efforts here, he helped us while here, but Lockett Stepped up and became the Mr Everything for us and with Metcalf having a better all round game and also blocks for us and possibly a Gordon coming back all the while hoping Ursua breaks thru and a practice squad full of guys where does he fit ?

Really why even in a Strong WR year I don't see us going that way, other teams will and allow more of our needs to drop as the run starts on WR for teams and it will.

knownone

Reaction score
Say what you want about Richardson, I'd much rather have him as our 4th receiver than Jaron Brown.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
knownone":2u6qt1i9 said:
Say what you want about Richardson, I'd much rather have him as our 4th receiver than Jaron Brown.

Agreed. I'd add Turner and Moore to that too. Richardson would be an upgrade over those three. Plus he is a returner. Lockett has lost his return skills over the past couple of seasons. Need a major improvement in that area.

getnasty

Reaction score
hawkfan68":gxyva8mu said:
knownone":gxyva8mu said:

Agreed. I'd add Turner and Moore to that too. Richardson would be an upgrade over those three. Plus he is a returner. Lockett has lost his return skills over the past couple of seasons. Need a major improvement in that area.

I don't doubt he's more talented, you just can't depend on him playing much more then 4 games a season.

xray

Reaction score
A scrawny fragile WR that is injury prone ? Nope !

olyfan63

Reaction score
Richardson doesn't have the body to block as part of the Hawks run game.
Sadly, Malik Turner > Paul Richardson in the Hawks offense.
Besides, we already have John Ursua and TLockett for the small-bodied receiver role.

Richardson would do OK and have some moments, but not worth using any cap on as a FA, compared to the team's other needs. Pass-first teams could use him; he'd be a big asset in KC if he has anything left in the tank.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
knownone":3mptu2n1 said:

I'd rather have Elmer Fudd over Brown, but Richardson is a perpetual IR candidate who gets paid for not very much. this is a good WR draft and quality rookie to add to the pile will be just fine. No on Richardson and hell no on Norman.