Greg Robinson arrested for possession of 157 pounds Weed

ivotuk

Reaction score
Greg Robinson arrested for alleged possession of 157 pounds of marijuana, could face up to 20 years in prison

According to the federal criminal complaint, on Monday evening, the defendants approached the Sierra Blanca Checkpoint Station, where a U.S. Border Patrol canine unit alerted on their vehicle. A subsequent inspection revealed the presence of approximately 157 pounds of marijuana. Both were charged with conspiracy to possess with intent to distribute marijuana and possession with intent to distribute marijuana.

The 27-year-old Robinson is set to become an unrestricted free agent this offseason after spending the past two seasons with the Cleveland Browns. According to Tom Pelissero of the NFL Network, the Browns had no intention of re-signing Robinson, so his next step in the NFL is a bit uncertain.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/greg ... in-prison/

Uncertain? To say the least...

chris98251

Reaction score
ivotuk":2g3n5ch9 said:
Greg Robinson arrested for alleged possession of 157 pounds of marijuana, could face up to 20 years in prison

According to the federal criminal complaint, on Monday evening, the defendants approached the Sierra Blanca Checkpoint Station, where a U.S. Border Patrol canine unit alerted on their vehicle. A subsequent inspection revealed the presence of approximately 157 pounds of marijuana. Both were charged with conspiracy to possess with intent to distribute marijuana and possession with intent to distribute marijuana.

The 27-year-old Robinson is set to become an unrestricted free agent this offseason after spending the past two seasons with the Cleveland Browns. According to Tom Pelissero of the NFL Network, the Browns had no intention of re-signing Robinson, so his next step in the NFL is a bit uncertain.

I am sure it was for medicinal purposes.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
chris98251":33dby30s said:
ivotuk":33dby30s said:

I am sure it was for medicinal purposes.

Uncertain? How about bend over and kiss your NFL career goodbye!

Medicinal purposes for him and about 350 of his close friends :roll:

What galactic stupidity!!!

Sad that any kid with prospects as bright as his were could screw thing up that badly b/c of greed. You can take the young man out of the gangster life but you can't take the gangster out of the young man in some cases. Can't imagine how badly his agent now feels and how much this young man now appreciates how dumb this situation was and how expensive it will now be to him. Nate Newton reprised.

sutz

Reaction score
I'm sure it was for personaly use.

:pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Riiiiiiiight, and I have a bridge I can let you have real cheap.

chris98251

Reaction score
But he is a big boy and needs more to help deal with his chronic pain issues due to playing football, or he was investing in a business venture and was just relocating to a new building :)

xray

Reaction score
originally he had 160 lbs but sold 3 to Josh Gordon . :D

GeekHawk

Reaction score
I tell you what, that's a lot of damn pot. Seems like conviction for intent would be a slam-dunk unless there was an illegal search or something.

BASF

Reaction score
As someone who crosses the border five days a week, I have to say that this was monumentally stupid. There is no way to go through a checkpoint without getting caught nowadays unless you are seriously lucky.

xray

Reaction score
BASF":729m1z7l said:
As someone who crosses the border five days a week, I have to say that this was monumentally stupid. There is no way to go through a checkpoint without getting caught nowadays unless you are seriously lucky.

LOL ya better know the sniffer dog schedule...they can smell a roach in a gas tank . :D

chris98251

Reaction score
Excuse me I have to toss several duffel bags in then cargo area filled with pot for my party in the States it's cool isn't it, hell maybe even put a buy green sticker on them in case the dogs have a cold.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Actually, these checkpoints are set up within the US, not at the border. I used to have to pass one on I-5 on my way to work in So Cal. It was a good 50+ miles inside the US, alongside Camp Pendelton, at the border between San Diego and Orange counties. One time they pulled me over (again) because I drove a Dodge Dart which apparently made me immediately suspect and demanded I open the trunk. When I asked what would happen if I refused until they got a warrant, they said they would get a warrant, and then proceed to take my car apart to the last bolt looking for contraband and illegals, then if they found nothing they would just leave it like that because they aren't required to put it back together... I opened the trunk. And there was nothing there but a spare tire, a lug wrench, and a jack.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Over $250K worth. Do the guy really need money that bad? How about you play better and get a $10 Mil Contract...jeez

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Wenhawk":2lh7gq5n said:
Over $250K worth. Do the guy really need money that bad? How about you play better and get a $10 Mil Contract...jeez

160 pounds at 250k?

Shit weed too.

RedAlice

Reaction score
GeekHawk":2y4autit said:
Actually, these checkpoints are set up within the US, not at the border. I used to have to pass one on I-5 on my way to work in So Cal. It was a good 50+ miles inside the US, alongside Camp Pendelton, at the border between San Diego and Orange counties. One time they pulled me over (again) because I drove a Dodge Dart which apparently made me immediately suspect and demanded I open the trunk. When I asked what would happen if I refused until they got a warrant, they said they would get a warrant, and then proceed to take my car apart to the last bolt looking for contraband and illegals, then if they found nothing they would just leave it like that because they aren't required to put it back together... I opened the trunk. And there was nothing there but a spare tire, a lug wrench, and a jack.

Having spent most of my life in Az or Cali, yes.

You know the border patrol checks.

You can get pulled over for any reason they deem. I member one time being pulled over and my husband had pulled out all his guns, but had left some bullets in the trunk. He had military ID. We still had to be stuck for a couple hours

I cannot imagine thinking you could just drive through one of those checks.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
I really don't understand how these checkpoints can be legal, but figure their legality must have been challenged and upheld by now.