Russell Wilson publicly opposes CBA

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
I put this here instead of the main as CBA is an nfl nation issue.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... poses-cba/

Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson usually avoids controversy. When it comes to the proposed CBA deal, Wilson is embracing it.

“The NBA & MLB are doing it right,” Wilson said on Twitter. “Players come first. ALL players deserve the same. WE should not rush the next 10 YEARS for Today’s satisfaction. I VOTE NO.”

Wilson is not active in the NFL Players Association. However, he surely has influence. As do others who have spoken out about the proposed CBA, and who will.

NFLPA president Eric Winston responded to Wilson on Twitter, with this message: “No one is rushing into anything. We have spent the last 300 days listening to our guys and negotiating this deal. The proposal will be sent to all players and if somebody doesn’t like the terms once they’ve seen the entire package, I understand. That’s why every player gets a vote on it and every vote counts. I’m happy to hop on the phone with any player at any time and anyone is always welcome to come to our annual Rep meeting or to join any of the numerous calls we have had or will have in the future. Let me know.”

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Maybe. Aaron Rodgers also came out today against this on Twitter.

But the majority of NFL players make less than $1M a year. For them, the additional $90K game check means proportionately more. Russ, Erin don't take the risks in padded practices that these guys do.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
J.J. Watt is big time opposed too. If I'm one of the players making the minimum, take the deal. That's a nice bump for them.

getnasty

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1it0e2bx said:
J.J. Watt is big time opposed too. If I'm one of the players making the minimum, take the deal. That's a nice bump for them.

and that's why it will pass. I think i read today that something like 60% of the league is made up of guys making the min. I have no clue if that true but if so i'm sure it will pass.

Marvin49

Reaction score
getnasty":u40axiei said:
SoulfishHawk":u40axiei said:

and that's why it will pass. I think i read today that something like 60% of the league is made up of guys making the min. I have no clue if that true but if so i'm sure it will pass.

That's what I think as well.

Its probably in the players best interest to wait, but its really hard to tell hundreds of guys on minimum contracts to turn down the 90k-100k pay raise in order to negotiate a better deal as much as a year from now when there are no guarantees they'll ever see that money.

These guys at the top of the pay scale can take that risk and be patient. The other guys who say no could be giving up money they'll never see to make a better deal for other players.

That's a hard sell.

"Yeah, I know I make millions and you don't, but its really better for everyone if you turn down that 100k".

eeks. Glad I don't have to sell that.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Shoot, the guys making the minimum stand to add a LOT of money over 4 years. I can't fathom any of them being against the deal.

And to be honest, I don't feel bad for Billionaire and Millionaire arguments.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Those guys might be under a lot of pressure from their union reps who are likely making the big bucks to vote no...even if it is better for them as lower paid players. Guess we will see how strong their union solidarity is.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":19cnp0yv said:
Shoot, the guys making the minimum stand to add a LOT of money over 4 years. I can't fathom any of them being against the deal.

And to be honest, I don't feel bad for Billionaire and Millionaire arguments.
I agree..I noticed it seems like the big money players don't like it.
Boo Hoo..

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Sean, it's probably the database malfunction that happened around 1 p.m. today. I noticed that at least 12 hours of posts on all forums got deleted. I'm no mod, but I don't think it's you.