Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Florio: Will 9ers make a play on Brady

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics. Ex-Seahawks fall into NFL topics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
  • SantaClaraHawk wrote:What's wrong with Florio.

    Updated Tom Brady odds show 49ers rising
    Posted by Mike Florio on March 6, 2020, 5:59 AM EST

    The previous odds posted regarding Tom Brady‘s 2020 destination didn’t include the 49ers as a potential wagering option. The latest odds do.

    Via ESPN.com, the Westgate Superbook has installed the 49ers at 12-1 to land the six-time Super Bowl winner.

    The Patriots remain the favorite to keep Brady, at 1-2. Which suggests that whoever sets these odds really isn’t paying attention like they should be. But at least they’re paying close enough attention to get the 49ers on the board.

    The Titans have 9-2 odds, followed by the Raiders at 8-1 and the Chargers at 8-1.

    The Colts are the next team behind the 49ers at 14-1, along with the Bucs. “No snap taken” lands at 30-1 (that should be at least 1,000-1).

    https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... rs-rising/


    Whats wrong with Florio?

    He's a hack. Always has been. He's been on the anti-Jimmy train ALL YEAR.

    Jimmy had a bad practice against what we now know was the #1 ranked pass D in the NFL this year. He then had a shaky start in his first preseason game which was his first game action (11 plays) after the torn ACL.

    Ever since that point, there has been an anti-Jimmy Freight Train in the media. Its ludicrous.

    Florio has been on that train all year.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6985
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:34 pm


  • I hope Prawn Star spends his entire career in Santa Clara. That would be ideal, and until he can actually contribute to a championship, I think he's a little above average IF he gets blocking. In the clutch though? I wouldn't trust him one bit.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 15876
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    Popeyejones wrote:
    SantaClaraHawk wrote:Florio doubles down on his rumor:

    Then came more recent developments, with Deion Sanders talking about Brady to San Fran on Sunday and Peter King writing about it on Monday and Simms and me kicking it around on Monday and Tom Curran giving real credence to the 49ers as an alternative to what otherwise seems to be a Patriots or Titans proposition for Brady. Next comes Karen Guregian of the Boston Herald, who reports in response to Curran’s Tuesday comments that he “might be onto something.”

    https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... ing-steam/


    So according to Florio this thing is worth taking seriously for the following reason:

    (1) Florio fills the slow part of the offseason with a dumb thing
    (2) Sanders picks up what Florio put down
    (3) Peter King says Sanders and Florio are being silly
    (4) Florio and Simms fill time by saying Florio wasn't being silly.
    (5) Curran takes Florio's idea sorta seriously.

    So according to Florio other reporters having acknowledged Florio is evidence for Florio.

    Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. :lol:

    That’s pretty much it.....


    YUP.....

    Create a smoke screen...fill it full of smoke....tell people there is smoke...people say there is smoke...by creating a smoke screen and telling people there is smoke, the rumor becomes fact as you filled up the smoke screen with your own smoke. He he he . Florio.....is full of................

    :2thumbs:
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 9500
    Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:20 pm
    Location: A little ways from Boise.


  • Smoke?
    bigskydoc
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2862
    Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:27 am
    Location: Kalispell, MT


Re: Florio: Will 9ers make a play on Brady
Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:21 am
  • Seahawkfan80 wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:
    Popeyejones wrote:
    SantaClaraHawk wrote:Florio doubles down on his rumor:

    Then came more recent developments, with Deion Sanders talking about Brady to San Fran on Sunday and Peter King writing about it on Monday and Simms and me kicking it around on Monday and Tom Curran giving real credence to the 49ers as an alternative to what otherwise seems to be a Patriots or Titans proposition for Brady. Next comes Karen Guregian of the Boston Herald, who reports in response to Curran’s Tuesday comments that he “might be onto something.”

    https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... ing-steam/


    So according to Florio this thing is worth taking seriously for the following reason:

    (1) Florio fills the slow part of the offseason with a dumb thing
    (2) Sanders picks up what Florio put down
    (3) Peter King says Sanders and Florio are being silly
    (4) Florio and Simms fill time by saying Florio wasn't being silly.
    (5) Curran takes Florio's idea sorta seriously.

    So according to Florio other reporters having acknowledged Florio is evidence for Florio.

    Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. :lol:

    That’s pretty much it.....


    YUP.....

    Create a smoke screen...fill it full of smoke....tell people there is smoke...people say there is smoke...by creating a smoke screen and telling people there is smoke, the rumor becomes fact as you filled up the smoke screen with your own smoke. He he he . Florio.....is full of................

    :2thumbs:


    Its the reason I stopped watching ESPN. Its manufactured.

    You can see it happen in real time.

    1) Guy on morning show throws out wild speculation with zero facts behind it.
    2) Late Morning show picks up on it and asks people what they think of that speculation. Some guy says they think it has legs.
    3) Afternoon show says there are reports of said speculation and present it as viable rumor to guests on THAT show.
    4) Now its in the Twittersphere and thousands of people are now commenting on "rumor".
    5) Subject of "rumor" is asked and pretty much says its BS, but more attention is paid to what ISN'T EXPLICITLY said rather than what WAS said.
    6) Following morning its a full blown story and EVERY morning show discusses it as if it has some legs.

    Its ALL BS. It was never true. Its fantasy.

    Florio is a purveyor of fantasy and the worst part is that he gets defensive and starts quoting other ill informed people as "evidence" of what he says being true when in fact it is ALL simply regurgitation of the same BS speculation that never had any roots in truth.

    When you do 24/7 football talk, you have to invent in the offseason, and that is precisely what this is.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6985
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:34 pm


  • Hyperbolic indignation aside, 9ers fans really don't think their team would entertain an opportunity to upgrade the QB position?
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 19485
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:34 am


  • For Joe Burrow, yep. Lamar, they'd make room. Russ, definitely.

    There are a few I could see them doing that for, none available, and not 2020 Brady.

    These rumors remind me a lot of those around here that went around in 2014 saying Peyton Manning should be signed to replace Kaep. Even though Kaep turned out to be a unsatisfactory QB, no one saw them going for an aging replacement.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6072
    Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:17 am


  • Uncle Si wrote:Hyperbolic indignation aside, 9ers fans really don't think their team would entertain an opportunity to upgrade the QB position?


    Oh sure they would if there was an opportunity...

    ...this ain't an upgrade. This is stupidity.

    They would upgade any position on the field given the opportunity.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6985
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:34 pm


  • SantaClaraHawk wrote:For Joe Burrow, yep. Lamar, they'd make room. Russ, definitely.

    There are a few I could see them doing that for, none available, and not 2020 Brady.

    These rumors remind me a lot of those around here that went around in 2014 saying Peyton Manning should be signed to replace Kaep. Even though Kaep turned out to be a unsatisfactory QB, no one saw them going for an aging replacement.


    ?

    I have no recollection of THAT particular rumor. There were rumors tho in 2012 of Manning replacing Alex Smith.

    That one DID have legs though as Harbaugh and Baalke actually flew out to meet with Manning.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6985
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:34 pm


  • Tom Brady isn't an upgrade?? Tom fricken Brady??? :34853_doh:
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 15876
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • The 9ers weren't that into Smith toward the end of his time there. They wanted an instant winner (well relatively) and got it in Kaep. By 2014 they were leaning against Kaep being "it" either so well, they looked elsewhere. Or were rumored to. Briefly.

    It took them, what, five years to get a QB that they were happy with and paid. Don't see that changing at least for this year.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6072
    Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:17 am


  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Tom Brady isn't an upgrade?? Tom fricken Brady??? :34853_doh:


    2020 Tom Brady certainly wasn't.
    bigskydoc
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2862
    Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:27 am
    Location: Kalispell, MT


Re: Florio: Will 9ers make a play on Brady
Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:31 am
  • The one thing Florio has said that does make sense is that if the 9ers weren't at least considering this, why haven't they come out and said strongly "Jimmy is our guy, we have no interest in Brady"? Again, I don't buy any of this crap one iota but it is an interesting point.
    hawksfansinceday1
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 24628
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:38 am
    Location: Vancouver, WA


Re: Florio: Will 9ers make a play on Brady
Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:38 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:Hyperbolic indignation aside, 9ers fans really don't think their team would entertain an opportunity to upgrade the QB position?


    Give me a realistic scenario in which they could upgrade the QB position this offseason and what it would cost them to do it and I'll happily weigh in on if I think they would or should do that (seriously).

    I think the hypothetical would have to have some resemblance to the real world to make it meaningful.
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5522
    Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:58 am


Re: Florio: Will 9ers make a play on Brady
Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:53 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Tom Brady isn't an upgrade?? Tom fricken Brady??? :34853_doh:


    Correct. 2020 Tom Brady had one of the worst seasons of his career at 42 and he's only getting older. Toms QB rating last year was 88 and his Average Per Attempt was 6.6 yard.

    Your indignation only serves to show you aren't paying attention.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6985
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:34 pm


Re: Florio: Will 9ers make a play on Brady
Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:56 am
  • hawksfansinceday1 wrote:The one thing Florio has said that does make sense is that if the 9ers weren't at least considering this, why haven't they come out and said strongly "Jimmy is our guy, we have no interest in Brady"? Again, I don't buy any of this crap one iota but it is an interesting point.


    They HAVE said Jimmy is their guy. Both Lynch and Shanahan said it clearly at the combine. The only thing they didn't do was comment on Brady because they weren't asked directly and they wouldn't have answered anyway because at this moment right now he's on another NFL roster.

    NOTHING Florio says makes sense.

    Honestly, this scenario pretty much dictates that I'll never trust him as a source on ANY subject.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6985
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:34 pm


Re: Florio: Will 9ers make a play on Brady
Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:36 am
  • Marvin49 wrote:
    hawksfansinceday1 wrote:The one thing Florio has said that does make sense is that if the 9ers weren't at least considering this, why haven't they come out and said strongly "Jimmy is our guy, we have no interest in Brady"? Again, I don't buy any of this crap one iota but it is an interesting point.


    They HAVE said Jimmy is their guy. Both Lynch and Shanahan said it clearly at the combine. The only thing they didn't do was comment on Brady because they weren't asked directly and they wouldn't have answered anyway because at this moment right now he's on another NFL roster.

    NOTHING Florio says makes sense.

    Honestly, this scenario pretty much dictates that I'll never trust him as a source on ANY subject.


    Thing is, he's one of the last free sources out there. Him, ESPN.com, and NFL.com. Everyone else wants a CC that gets burdensome to cancel and are just shilling their pubs (hey "The Athletic") on Twitter.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6072
    Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:17 am


  • SantaClaraHawk wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    hawksfansinceday1 wrote:The one thing Florio has said that does make sense is that if the 9ers weren't at least considering this, why haven't they come out and said strongly "Jimmy is our guy, we have no interest in Brady"? Again, I don't buy any of this crap one iota but it is an interesting point.


    They HAVE said Jimmy is their guy. Both Lynch and Shanahan said it clearly at the combine. The only thing they didn't do was comment on Brady because they weren't asked directly and they wouldn't have answered anyway because at this moment right now he's on another NFL roster.

    NOTHING Florio says makes sense.

    Honestly, this scenario pretty much dictates that I'll never trust him as a source on ANY subject.


    Thing is, he's one of the last free sources out there. Him, ESPN.com, and NFL.com. Everyone else wants a CC that gets burdensome to cancel and are just shilling their pubs (hey "The Athletic") on Twitter.


    Sometimes you get what you pay for.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6985
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:34 pm


Re: Florio: Will 9ers make a play on Brady
Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:23 am
  • Marvin49 wrote:
    hawksfansinceday1 wrote:The one thing Florio has said that does make sense is that if the 9ers weren't at least considering this, why haven't they come out and said strongly "Jimmy is our guy, we have no interest in Brady"? Again, I don't buy any of this crap one iota but it is an interesting point.


    They HAVE said Jimmy is their guy. Both Lynch and Shanahan said it clearly at the combine. The only thing they didn't do was comment on Brady because they weren't asked directly and they wouldn't have answered anyway because at this moment right now he's on another NFL roster.

    NOTHING Florio says makes sense.

    Honestly, this scenario pretty much dictates that I'll never trust him as a source on ANY subject.

    I'll definitely take your word for it. It's your team we're talking about.
    hawksfansinceday1
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 24628
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:38 am
    Location: Vancouver, WA


  • Whatever you say Marvin. If you believe that Jimmy G is better than Brady, you're the one not watching.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 15876
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Florio: Will 9ers make a play on Brady
Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:41 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Whatever you say Marvin. If you believe that Jimmy G is better than Brady, you're the one not watching.


    Wow.

    Really?

    Nobody is saying Jimmy is better than prime Brady or even Brady of a few years ago, but this argument has alot less to do with how good I think Jimmy is than how bad Brady was this past season and his trajectory moving forward.

    If you really think its all that controversial....well....I just don't know what to tell you. Agree to disagree I guess.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6985
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:34 pm


Re: Florio: Will 9ers make a play on Brady
Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:44 am
  • Sounds good. I'm just glad Prawn Star is the QB
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 15876
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • Sorry SH but I agree fully with Marv here. Tical and I predicted the Brady fall off last offseason on Discord cuz you could see signs of it at the end of the previous year. The decline will only continue.
    hawksfansinceday1
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 24628
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:38 am
    Location: Vancouver, WA


  • Fair enough, all a matter of opinion. But this is dot net, so you get used to being blasted for having an opinion so :lol:
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 15876
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Previous


It is currently Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:02 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]




Information
  • Who is online