Florio: Will 9ers make a play on Brady

toffee

Reaction score
GQ couldn’t get it done, Brady time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sutz

Reaction score
So soon? We haven't really had a chance to ruin Jimmy G like we did Kaep, yet. :twisted:

2_0_6

Reaction score
I could actually this this happening. Brady would be an instant plug and play and a serious improvement.

getnasty

Reaction score
I would love to see Brady go to SF and absolutely fall on his face. On the flip side if they won a championship with him that would sting.

chris98251

Reaction score
It would be Grappalo with a weaker arm there, don't discredit the environment and Bill as Brady's Muse for success.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Whoa wait a gosh darn minute....
I was told all season by Niner trolls that Crappollo was the shiznit, and then when he choked in the Super Bowl that was just a fluke. Heck, half of the Denial Zone already has him fitted for a HOF jacket.

They are in severe panic mode if they go after Shady Brady, hope it happens, it will be a dumpster fire.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Lol no.

I'll go through the multitude of reasons if anyone cares but the end result is that this literally isn't happening.

Marvin49

Reaction score
This one one of the many reasons Florio has lost whatever credibility he ever had in my eyes. He's been trying to replace Jimmy all year...Cousins, Brady....whomever.

Jimmy ain't goin' anywhere. Florio has been pushing this narrative nonstop. Its just ludicrous.

Jimmy was 7 minutes from winning the Super Bowl in his first full year as a starter, coming off a torn ACL, and coming back from a season in which they were 4-12.

Its not happening as Popeye said for a HOST of reasons that nobody here cares about and IMO has become a litmus test on how seriously I can take people as journalists.

Skip Bayless: Nope.
Deion Sanders: Nope.
Mike Florio: Nope.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Here you go Marv: https://www.ninersnation.com/2020/3/2/2 ... rs-raiders

I've always enjoyed you and Popeye's content through my five years here and don't consider you trolls. Nor do I think Seattle fans do not care. Of course if the 9ers pulled a move as dumb as this, I'd be celebrating just as you guys would be if we had nationwide rumors out there that Russ was going to be replaced by Cousins.

But it won't happen.

Marvin49

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":2kzji49z said:

I've always enjoyed you and Popeye's content through my five years here and don't consider you trolls. Nor do I think Seattle fans do not care. Of course if the 9ers pulled a move as dumb as this, I'd be celebrating just as you guys would be if we had nationwide rumors out there that Russ was going to be replaced by Cousins.

But it won't happen.

oh, I'm sure Seattle fans care about who the QB is in SF, just as anyone would for a division rival.

I'm just saying the list of reasons why it won't happen are numerous.

Lets just leave out any defense Niner fans have of Jimmy and just look logically. Math.

1) Niners can save 20 mil or so to drop Jimmy, but Brady will want 30 or more. That means not only do you move from 28 YO QB to 43, but it means you lose someone else, and possibly multiple someone elses in the process.

2) Jimmy is EXTREMELY popular in the locker room. If they unceremoniously dump him and bring in Brady, you are gonna have ALOT of pissed off players. Moreover, they have a great locker room right now and it is a big reason for their success. This move would destroy that.

3) Brady has never played in this offense. You would be banking on an already declining 43 YO QB to get up to speed in a complex offense and think that somehow that's an "upgrade".

I mean the sheer level if idiocy that goes into thinking this might be a good idea is astounding.

iigakusei

Reaction score
SF don't strike me as a dumb franchise.
This would be dumber than dumb.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
iigakusei":2my56o92 said:
SF don't strike me as a dumb franchise........
They used to be re: Jim Tomsula. They aren't any more though.

Remember folks, it's the offseason and Florio and Sanders et. al. are trying to keep listeners coming back daily until the FA period hits. It's also why you heard Cowturd push the Brady to Dallas narrative.

Maulbert

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":rq6v227w said:

But it won't happen.

To Marv and Popeye, I do agree that giving up Jimmy G for a 43 year old Brady is dumb, but just an honest question, last year when the ABSURD rumors started flying that Russ wanted New York, while I doubt you believed them, was there some small part of you deep inside that hoped it was true?

Marvin49

Reaction score
Maulbert":1lwa6sfr said:
SantaClaraHawk":1lwa6sfr said:

But it won't happen.

Too Marv and Popeye, I do agree that giving up Jimmy G for a 43 year old Brady is dumb, but just an honest question, last year when the ABSURD rumors started flying that Russ wanted New York, while I doubt you believed them, was there some small part of you deep inside that hoped it was true?

Not even a little bit.

In 2011, I was hopeful that the 49ers would sign Manning. This is a different animal. First off, for as much as so many here and in the media slam Jimmy, I like the guy and think he's the present and future of the 49ers at QB. That doesn't mean I think he's an all-pro or that I think he's the best QB in the NFL.

It means I think he's far better than he gets credit for, that what he did this year gets far too little praise, and that Brady gets far too much credit for what he is as a QB TODAY. That's the rub. This isn't Tom Brady from 5 years ago. He's already showing the mileage.

Its like would I trade Raheem Mostert for Barry Sanders. In their primes? Hell yes. Now? No chance.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Marvin49":25ckkrrt said:
Maulbert":25ckkrrt said:
SantaClaraHawk":25ckkrrt said:

But it won't happen.

Too Marv and Popeye, I do agree that giving up Jimmy G for a 43 year old Brady is dumb, but just an honest question, last year when the ABSURD rumors started flying that Russ wanted New York, while I doubt you believed them, was there some small part of you deep inside that hoped it was true?

Not even a little bit.

In 2011, I was hopeful that the 49ers would sign Manning. This is a different animal. First off, for as much as so many here and in the media slam Jimmy, I like the guy and think he's the present and future of the 49ers at QB. That doesn't mean I think he's an all-pro or that I think he's the best QB in the NFL.

It means I think he's far better than he gets credit for, that what he did this year gets far too little praise, and that Brady gets far too much credit for what he is as a QB TODAY. That's the rub. This isn't Tom Brady from 5 years ago. He's already showing the mileage.

Its like would I trade Raheem Mostert for Barry Sanders. In their primes? Hell yes. Now? No chance.

No, I meant the rumor that Wilson would leave Seattle. I know you don't want Brady. Only idiots would believe he's an upgrade.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Maulbert":3nas846e said:
Marvin49":3nas846e said:
Maulbert":3nas846e said:
SantaClaraHawk":3nas846e said:

But it won't happen.

Not even a little bit.

No, I meant the rumor that Wilson would leave Seattle. I know you don't want Brady. Only idiots would believe he's an upgrade.

OOOHHHH.

Well of course. LOL.

I'd be happy to not have to face him twice a year. :D LOL.

Honestly though, I don't even remember the rumor. Entirely possible I heard it and immediately dismissed it as bogus.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Florio doubles down on his rumor:

Then came more recent developments, with Deion Sanders talking about Brady to San Fran on Sunday and Peter King writing about it on Monday and Simms and me kicking it around on Monday and Tom Curran giving real credence to the 49ers as an alternative to what otherwise seems to be a Patriots or Titans proposition for Brady. Next comes Karen Guregian of the Boston Herald, who reports in response to Curran’s Tuesday comments that he “might be onto something.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... ing-steam/