Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Campbell to the Ravens

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics. Ex-Seahawks fall into NFL topics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Campbell to the Ravens
Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:28 am
  • for a 5th round pick this year? We wouldn't beat that?
    cheese22
    NET Starter

Re: Campbell to the Ravens
Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:58 am
  • I was wondering along the same lines. Did we even know CC was on the market? Is YN off the market now? Did we value YN over CC? Were we EVER even interested in a trade with the Jags?
    TreeRon
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:03 pm
  • Pretty spendy for his age. Will be 34 before the season begins. 15 million the year and Baltimore is negotiating a 2 year extension ar 27 million with 20 million in guarantees.
    TransGenderHawkFan
    NET Starter

Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:24 pm
  • I know why we didn’t do it. To pay someone 34 years old for the next 3 years an average of 14 million is not a good investment. Flexibility is king . Add on top of that giving them a 5th rounder I don’t like it.

I’d rather sign some to a 2 year deal for cheaper and keep the pick
    Kinger95
    NET Rookie

Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:32 pm
  • TreeRon wrote:I was wondering along the same lines. Did we even know CC was on the market? Is YN off the market now? Did we value YN over CC? Were we EVER even interested in a trade with the Jags?

I believe YN has been tagged. Not sure if that means he's technically off the market, but it does ratchet the price up a bit. Will involve pick(s) and his contract, of course. We did that with Clowney. Would we do it again?
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:17 pm
  • Not Seahawk news.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:23 pm
  • sutz wrote:
    TreeRon wrote:I was wondering along the same lines. Did we even know CC was on the market? Is YN off the market now? Did we value YN over CC? Were we EVER even interested in a trade with the Jags?

I believe YN has been tagged. Not sure if that means he's technically off the market, but it does ratchet the price up a bit. Will involve pick(s) and his contract, of course. We did that with Clowney. Would we do it again?

Yea he's been tagged which was the speculation all along. He says he doesn't want to play for the Jags. The speculation was/is that someone trades something to the Jags for him and negotiates a contract with him.
    On the positive , if CC is worth a 5th, YN might not cost as much as speculated from the Jags. What he wants re: a contract is another matter.
    TreeRon
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:34 pm
  • TreeRon wrote:
    sutz wrote:
    TreeRon wrote:I was wondering along the same lines. Did we even know CC was on the market? Is YN off the market now? Did we value YN over CC? Were we EVER even interested in a trade with the Jags?

On the positive , if CC is worth a 5th, YN might not cost as much as speculated from the Jags. What he wants re: a contract is another matter.

CC is worth a 5th because he's 33 years old soon to be 34.

YN is a different story he's still 24 going to 25.
    poly1274
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:44 pm
  • Why didn’t the Seahawks just offer a higher pick?

For starters, it’s possible Campbell didn’t fancy it. Geographically there might be reasons. He also spent many years playing for the Cardinals. Ending his career with a rival NFC West team might not have been his preference.

The move to Baltimore will carry huge appeal. They were 14-2 last year. They have an exciting young quarterback and a fierce defense. Unlike the Seahawks, they don’t play in the toughest division in football.

They also use a scheme that Campbell is familiar with from his Cardinals days.

There’s every chance he had his heart set on a move to Baltimore and there’s nothing anyone could’ve done to change that. Especially if the Jags were motivated to move him to the team he wanted to go to.

http://seahawksdraftblog.com/
    ivotuk
    * NET Staff Alumni *

It is currently Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:16 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information