Deforest Buckner traded!

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Cyrus12":1asix8ha said:
To the Colts for 1st rd pick. As per Rappaport on nfl network.

I think the Colts lost this one. Paying Buckner a lot of money and trading a very premium pick for him at 13.

Sure, Indy still has 34 and 44 to play around with in the draft, so they're not totally screwed... but man, 13 overall is a TON of value to get for Buckner.

TAB420

Reaction score
Cyrus12":284p1zv8 said:
Niners are going to get a good pick at 13.
Maybe. But anytime you give up a proven player like Bukner for a draft pick you're taking a huge chance. I'm happy he's gone.

OP
OP
Cyrus12

Cyrus12

Reaction score
TAB420":30rb72nk said:
Cyrus12":30rb72nk said:
Maybe. But anytime you give up a proven player like Bukner for a draft pick you're taking a huge chance. I'm happy he's gone.
He is proven. Hopefully they draft a bust.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
SANTA CLARA, Calif. (KRON) – The San Francisco 49ers are making moves as free agency begins in just a few days.

The San Francisco have traded defensive tackle DeForest Buckner to the Indianapolis Colts and have acquired the 13th overall pick in this year’s NFL draft.

According to NFL Insider Ian Rapoport, Buckner’s new deal will pay him $21 million per year, making him the second highest paid defensive tackle in the NFL.

While the San Francisco 49ers are trading away Buckner, the 49ers are locking up DL Arik Armstead to a 5-year deal avoiding a franchise tag.

According to reports, Armstead’s 5-year extension will get him up to $85 million on his new deal.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Gotta be honest...really torn on this one.

Love Buckner. Was totally blindsided by this so I won't pretend I wasn't like "WTF!?!".

It makes some sense though. It is of course a big risk, but they couldn't pay him 21 mil per year without a ton of problems with other players.

I was surprised when they resigned Armstead, but now makes a lot more sense. Armsteads deal is heavily back loaded so he only counts lie 5.4 mil against the cap this year and Defos number on the 5th year option was going to be 12-14 so in effect they got salary cap space, the 13th pick, and Armstead, but losing Defo hurts. No doubt about it.

If they knew resigning him was going to be a big problem, trading him NOW is the smart move...while they can get something. It's like the opposite of what the Patriots did with Garoppolo.

They also have alot of depth at the position with Armstead coming back, DJ Jones who looked really good before getting hurt, and Jullian Taylor also playing well before injury. None of those guys are/will be Buckner, but I get it. It was a position of strength.

I'll be curious what this means going forward as they now now have a little cap space and they haven't cut/traded McKinnon/Goodwin/Coleman yet AND they got extra space with the CBA.

Should be interesting, but a gut punch no doubt.

Very curious what they do now at 13 though. Makes the draft a bit more exciting.

94Smith

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1gzelv0w said:
Cyrus12":1gzelv0w said:
They better. They don’t have any 2nd, 3rd, and 4th picks this year.

Have another 1st rounder though . One of those two first rounders is going to be parlayed into multiple picks