Teddy Bridgewater to the Panthers

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Holy Moly!

We may dislike the King of the Dab, but there was a reason why he was the MVP the year the Panthers went to the SB. He will find a new home and the team that acquires him will get a QB with some abilities. I doubt many will give the Panthers much for Cam but will get a quality QB will albeit a limited ability to make 2nd and 3rd reads.

I think this is a short sighted move by the Panthers.

Gio

Reaction score
Cam is probably heading to Bears.. So it would be interesting to see them.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Wild trajectory for Newton. Went from a 25 year old MVP to a 30 year old his team probably won't keep.

MrThortan

Reaction score
Looks like Teddy was smart for choosing to be Brees' backup last year and passing on the Dolphins. I was honestly hoping he would take over for Brees. He proved that he could still play at a high caliber in his five games last year, though it will be interesting to find out if he could be the guy full time. His is a great story, and I really liked him coming out of the draft. Glad to see him overcome his injury and keep his dream alive.

HawkGA

Reaction score
jammerhawk":2t1m8sek said:
Holy Moly!

We may dislike the King of the Dab, but there was a reason why he was the MVP the year the Panthers went to the SB. He will find a new home and the team that acquires him will get a QB with some abilities. I doubt many will give the Panthers much for Cam but will get a quality QB will albeit a limited ability to make 2nd and 3rd reads.

Cam is basically a broken running back at this point.

Maulbert

Reaction score
jammerhawk":1qn6uvvz said:
Holy Moly!

Cam has thrown for 4,000 yards once, 30 or more TDs once, has never had a passer rating over 100, has only had a passer rating over 88.8 twice, has had a completion percentage above 61.7 only once, has tossed double-digit interceptions every season except last year (in which he played only 2 games), he has a career completion percentage of 59.6, and his career passer rating (86.1) is lower than Andy Dalton, Matt Schaub, Alex Smith, Derek Carr, Ryan Tannehill, and Marcus Mariota. The only thing he has going for him is his rushing ability, which looked terrible last year, and isn't going to get better. He is the dictionary definition of overrated.