Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1240725904675962880[/tweet]

WOW.

OP
OP
Gio

Gio

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong , but didn't he sign a cheap contract with Rams, so they have enough cap space to resign Donald ???

OP
OP
Gio

Gio

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1240726607163252736[/tweet]

OP
OP
Gio

Gio

Reaction score
Clay would be a nice sign for us imo.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
Hawks take a chance on him or does he go elsewhere? Carson is coming back from injury, Penny most likely wouldn't be back till mid-season, and bringing onboard Gurley could free up an early pick from RB to something else.

OP
OP
Gio

Gio

Reaction score
If Carson and Penny can be used wisely from Scott (if they are ready to go) , i wouldnt mind passing on Gurley.. But Clay could be a solid addition. 8 sacks last season.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Gurley? hell no. He'll be lucky to play 8 games this year. Great player, but his knee is flat out done.
Matthews at a decent price? Absolutely.

getnasty

Reaction score
Gio":1lhwu3rj said:
Don't get me wrong , but didn't he sign a cheap contract with Rams, so they have enough cap space to resign Donald ???

Quite the opposite, i think it was the biggest contract at the time for a running back. Be interesting to see what kind of contract he gets but i would be all in on a 1 year incentive heavy deal.

chrispy

Reaction score
either an 11 or 20 million hit in dead money depending on whether they designate pre or post June 1. Ouch. (ESPN)

bmorepunk

Reaction score
getnasty":yt58m0pb said:
Gio":yt58m0pb said:

Quite the opposite, i think it was the biggest contract at the time for a running back. Be interesting to see what kind of contract he gets but i would be all in on a 1 year incentive heavy deal.

His dead cap hit this year is $20.15 million. He's eating up 10% of their cap this year.

Goff's dead cap number this year is $94 million and $58 million next year. If he doesn't get his crap together they're just in pure hell. As a Seahawks fan, I like this.

OP
OP
Gio

Gio

Reaction score
Maulbert":mzsnbonn said:
2_0_6":mzsnbonn said:
Sign him ASAP. Keep him away from Arizona.

Let him go to Arizona if they're dumb enough to sign him.

I doubt Arizona would get him.

xray

Reaction score
I have to say that even though Gurley played for the lambs...he was an offensive nightmare for a long time in the division.
He will be on another team soon . But if he retires ; it wouldn't surprise me either .

FlayvaMeister

Reaction score
Cyrus12":rrqpnk6c said:
His knee is arthritic. He is done as an every down back.

Exactly, I think it would be a waste of time and money -- which could be better spent -- avoiding
Gurley. The Rams let him go for a reason … seeing as they tried all sorts of measures, to help
him return to form. I don't know if there's any cure for an arthritic knee, for a once top NFL RB ?

Fade

Reaction score
It was a good move for the Rams. They saved $5.5M on the salary cap for a player that isn't what he once was.

Clay Matthews is a bigger hit. They already lost Brockers & Fowler. They now have no pass rush outside of Aaron Donald.

The Rams are going to suck on defense next year, and their O-Line will be bad, which means Goff will be bad. But they will still sweep the Seahawks in all likelihood.

OP
OP
Gio

Gio

Reaction score
Fade":2z6v5e1v said:
It was a good move for the Rams. They saved $5.5M on the salary cap for a player that isn't what he once was.

Clay Matthews is a bigger hit. They already lost Brockers & Fowler. They now have no pass rush outside of Aaron Donald.

The Rams are going to suck on defense next year, and their O-Line will be bad, which means Goff will be bad. But they will still sweep the Seahawks in all likelihood.

To be honest im not worried about Rams , but 49ers and Cards. Rams may finish 4th.