Jon Ryan diagnosed with skin cancer

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/CFL_Headlines/status/1242111933660016641[/tweet]

The Regina native made the announcement on the Growing the Game podcast with Michael Ball.

Ryan said he’s always been careful with his skin ever since he was a child.

“My mother lathered me in sun screen growing up, and I’ve always been very diligent,” Ryan said. “I’ve gone once a year to the dermatologist to get a full-body scan to get everything checked, and I have a mark on my neck they’re a little concerned about, last year they froze it off, and it grew back even bigger, so they identified that it was skin cancer.”

Ryan said his surgery has been pushed back due to COVID-19.

“Luckily, it’s a pretty slow-moving cancer that the doctor’s very confident that he can wait until this coronavirus has swept through to be able to operate on.”

sutz

Reaction score
As a fellow sufferer, I can identify. Gingers have to be careful, more so than others.

Best wishes. Still one of my fave Seahawk punters ever. Not in game terms, but just the overall fun of watching him.

Best wishes to him.

chris98251

Reaction score
Just had three surgeries to remove Carcinoma and Melanomas myself, early is the key.

ivotuk

Reaction score
God Bless Jon Ryan. I echo the sentiments of sutz, he was a fun guy to watch, and left me with some of the most indelible memories of Seahawks Football.

BubbaGump

Reaction score
All my heart felt wishes to the Ginja-Ninja. Hands down the most entertaining punter-kicker the Hawks have ever had. So many great memories on and off the field from him. Hoping for the best and speedy recovery!

xray

Reaction score
I had one cut out a few years ago . It's kinda common in older adults .

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
BubbaGump":320hhth8 said:
All my heart felt wishes to the Ginja-Ninja. Hands down the most entertaining punter-kicker the Hawks have ever had. So many great memories on and off the field from him. Hoping for the best and speedy recovery!
So well said I'll just echo your sentiments. Get well Jon