Sherman blames 49ers D, not Jimmy G

Marvin49

Reaction score
Honestly, if the the 49ers don't break down on ONE PLAY, they win the SB.

3rd and 15. Game flipped on that play.

No excuses. Chiefs deserve the win. Just goes to show how small the difference is between winning and losing.

NINEster

Reaction score
12AngryHawks":2fw2vk7p said:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001113032/article/sherman-blames-49ers-d-not-jimmy-g-for-sb-liv-loss

Where was this Sherman after SB49?

Combination of a more mature Sherman plus better environment, at least with regards to how the QB is treated (i.e. not babied).

jmahon316

Reaction score
I take it as supply and demand. While he was on the Seahawks, he was on the top spot. After his Achilles injury, he became more loyal to whoever gave him a chance, and in stepped the 49ers which is poetic considering he ruined their playoff run the year the Seahawks won the Superbowl and they weren't the same before he joined them. Time and demand changes people.

Also, of course it's not Jimmy G's fault because the 49ers didn't trust him to win the game. In the words of Frank Clark: "They paid you all that money to run the ball"

Uncle Si

Reaction score
NINEster":38kw9pdx said:
12AngryHawks":38kw9pdx said:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001113032/article/sherman-blames-49ers-d-not-jimmy-g-for-sb-liv-loss

Combination of a more mature Sherman plus better environment, at least with regards to how the QB is treated (i.e. not babied).

The dude was literally baby sat by his head coach the entire 2nd half.

TAB420

Reaction score
NINEster":jt3skncq said:
12AngryHawks":jt3skncq said:

Do explain how Russ is more "babied" than Jimmy?

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Well.. you don't want to throw your QB under the bus too soon.

BubbaGump

Reaction score
Win or lose the Seahawks put the SB in Russell Wilson’s hands! The 49ers did not do even attempt that with the Second Coming of Christ they have playing QB. Seahawks are behind their QB, 49ers.... not so much.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Not surprised at all. HIS defense gave up a 10 point lead in 49 and last year. But somehow it's Russ' fault I'm sure :?

rlkats

Reaction score
BubbaGump":klk3ouuy said:
Win or lose the Seahawks put the SB in Russell Wilson’s hands! The 49ers did not do even attempt that with the Second Coming of Christ they have playing QB. Seahawks are behind their QB, 49ers.... not so much.

Let me clarify something for the ignorant. Shanahan did put it in The QB’s hands. Jimmy missed Sanders and threw picks. If Shanahan continues to run the ball we win. The Chiefs has no answer for the run game. Shannan got cute and Jimmy failed. The D faltered on a wide open receiver. Game over. So your ignorant uneducated statement has no meaning nor substance.

Oh “Second Coming of Christ”, wow please continue with you hyperbole.

ApnaHawk

Reaction score
I'm sure emotions used to ride higher during those times with the hawks. One cause he was younger and 2 that team really grew up together.

They respect each other tremendously, which is quite known. It's poetic justice that Sherm has twice ended the Niners. Once with the tip and the second time when he got burned by Sammy Watkins in a 49ers jersey.

All in all, Sherm is a dope guy.

chris98251

Reaction score
rlkats":2i40yjaz said:
BubbaGump":2i40yjaz said:

Let me clarify something for the ignorant. Shanahan did put it in The QB’s hands. Jimmy missed Sanders and threw picks. If Shanahan continues to run the ball we win. The Chiefs has no answer for the run game. Shannan got cute and Jimmy failed. The D faltered on a wide open receiver. Game over. So your ignorant uneducated statement has no meaning nor substance.

Second coming.

Btp9R0SCcAEgRac

Jimmy Grappalo second cumming

She said no.

Maxresdefault

BubbaGump

Reaction score
I don’t know what game you were watching on SB Sunday but late in the game it was evident that the 49ers did not place the ball in Their QB’s hand. Maybe because he missed the receivers and played like crap like you suggest. Ignorant I think not.

Marvin49

Reaction score
49ers were up by 10 with 7 minutes left.

They lost by 11.

Sherman is right.

Garoppolo is only guilty of not pulling the game out DESPITE a defensive collapse. If the defense holds on 3rd and 15, the 49ers have a 6th ring.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
rlkats":oq791oqj said:
BubbaGump":oq791oqj said:

Let me clarify something for the ignorant. Shanahan did put it in The QB’s hands. Jimmy missed Sanders and threw picks. If Shanahan continues to run the ball we win. The Chiefs has no answer for the run game. Shannan got Bevellitis and Jimmy failed. The D faltered on a wide open receiver. Game over. So your ignorant uneducated statement has no meaning nor substance.

Sorry man....had to fix the problem. I am not sure if there is a cure tho. Again Sorry. :2thumbs:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Marvin49":1bs6uy8n said:

They lost by 11.

Sherman is right.

Garoppolo is only guilty of not pulling the game out DESPITE a defensive collapse. If the defense holds on 3rd and 15, the 49ers have a 6th ring.

No doubt your defense collapsed.

.... but Why can’t it be both?

Crappollo’s 2.8 QBR in the 4th qtr tells a different story than you are trying to spin for the Golden Boy.
He didn’t just only miss the wide open pass to Sanders that led to the worst 4th quarter QBR in Super Bowl history.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":eda6fzyk said:
Marvin49":eda6fzyk said:

They lost by 11.

Sherman is right.

Crappollo’s 2.8 QBR in the 4th qtr tells a different story than you are trying to spin for the Golden Boy.
He didn’t just only miss the wide open pass to Sanders that led to the worst 4th quarter QBR in Super Bowl history.

I'm not trying to spin anything. I'm agreeing with a player who was in the game.

As for Garoppolo, he didn't play well at the end. No question. the ENTIRE TEAM effectively collapsed. The D allowed 3 straight TDs. The offense couldn't get anything going. The O-Line couldn't protect to save their lives. We now know that Staley was pretty badly hampered with a Neck issue.

Garoppolo threw an INT on a desperation throw and he missed Emmanuel Sanders. You won't see many Niner fans arguing that Jimmy played well at the end.

Here's the thing tho....if they stop 3rd and 15, they likely win the game, Jimmy doesn't throw that second INT, and he is likely the MVP of the game.

Thats how games swing on one play.

This isn't trolling, I'm just making a point. Was it entirely WIlsons fault he threw that INT vs NE? No. The play call was sketchy to begin with and the D just made a damn good play.

Its never the fault of one person. So for all of the "It was Jimmys fault" or "Jimmy can't win the big one", its all BS. He had won it. If the #2 ranked D and #1 ranked Pass D just does its job at the end, Niners have that 6th ring and Jimmy is a SB MVP.

Thats not blaming anyone either. That's just a fact. That's what happened. I'm not looking to put anyone's head on a platter. As big as the SB is, its one game. Things happen. Now, if we actually get a season, you start over. Simple as that.

Jimmy got his team to the SB in his first and only season as a starter in a year when he was coming back from a torn ACL, he lost both Tackles for stretches of the season, and lost several of his top pass targets. Yes, they got the on the strength of a great D and a monstrous run game, but they aren't the first NFL team to do so....like say the Seahawks.

Year 1 with Jimmy as a full time starter was pretty damn good and I ain't complaining.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Marvin49":2lnouztk said:
Sports Hernia":2lnouztk said:
Marvin49":2lnouztk said:

They lost by 11.

Sherman is right.

I'm not trying to spin anything. I'm agreeing with a player who was in the game.

As for Garoppolo, he didn't play well at the end. No question. the ENTIRE TEAM effectively collapsed. The D allowed 3 straight TDs. The offense couldn't get anything going. The O-Line couldn't protect to save their lives. We now know that Staley was pretty badly hampered with a Neck issue.

Garoppolo threw an INT on a desperation throw and he missed Emmanuel Sanders. You won't see many Niner fans arguing that Jimmy played well at the end.

Here's the thing tho....if they stop 3rd and 15, they likely win the game, Jimmy doesn't throw that second INT, and he is likely the MVP of the game.

Thats how games swing on one play.

This isn't trolling, I'm just making a point. Was it entirely WIlsons fault he threw that INT vs NE? No. The play call was sketchy to begin with and the D just made a damn good play.

Its never the fault of one person. So for all of the "It was Jimmys fault" or "Jimmy can't win the big one", its all BS. He had won it. If the #2 ranked D and #1 ranked Pass D just does its job at the end, Niners have that 6th ring and Jimmy is a SB MVP.

Thats not blaming anyone either. That's just a fact. That's what happened. I'm not looking to put anyone's head on a platter. As big as the SB is, its one game. Things happen. Now, if we actually get a season, you start over. Simple as that.

Jimmy got his team to the SB in his first and only season as a starter in a year when he was coming back from a torn ACL, he lost both Tackles for stretches of the season, and lost several of his top pass targets. Yes, they got the on the strength of a great D and a monstrous run game, but they aren't the first NFL team to do so....like say the Seahawks.

Year 1 with Jimmy as a full time starter was pretty damn good and I ain't complaining.

It was somewhat entertaining. A staunch niner friend of mine did not watch any of our games with me as I am the elephant in the room that just smiles when we win. I think he will prolly stay away again this year as that may be a jinx that he may consider works. I dont mind. It is just a game....entertaining, too.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
rlkats":2dxek50l said:
BubbaGump":2dxek50l said:

We all watched the game, fella.

Its not the number of passes, it's the play calls. The chiefs put 10 in the box at the start of the 4th. They were going to sell out to stop the run and short psssing game. The 9ers tried to stretch the D one time on 11 pass attempts in the 2nd half. Everything was short hitches and crossing patterns. The run game was getting stuffed.

That's for a reason. It's s reflection of the trust in the QB, and a reflection of coach who did something similar in a very similar situation with another team.

They may get it worked out. They have the players. But JG was nothing more than Trent Dilfer for most of that game. And even Dilfer went deep a few times in his super bowl.

Shanahan has now blown two sizeable leads in a super bowl.

Latest posts