Dak Prescott wants +$45 mil per year, rejects $175 mil

mistaowen

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1263494399192899584[/tweet]

Is he even in the top 10?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Not only is he not top 10, is he ok? How in the world does an above average, NOT great QB turn down the highest contract in history??? wow

MrThortan

Reaction score
I seriously hope Jerry gives him what he wants :0190l:

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Dang, was hoping they'd be stuck with monster contract for years.

sdog1981

Reaction score
The Cowboys know they blew it. Spending high draft picks and big money on Oline/running back was a dream to bring back 1992.

They are going to attempt the reverse Rams/Seahawks. Get a cheap Vet QB with a loaded team and see if you can get to a Superbowl that way.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
sdog1981":2874gvy9 said:
The Cowboys know they blew it. Spending high draft picks and big money on Oline/running back was a dream to bring back 1992.

They are going to attempt the reverse Rams/Seahawks. Get a cheap Vet QB with a loaded team and see if you can get to a Superbowl that way.
Dilfer and Flacco style..It has worked.
One SB just like you know who.

sutz

Reaction score
Maulbert":3a4pnog5 said:
DO IT, JERRY!!!!!
:laugh:

I know why you're saying that, but it would set another high bar for the market going forward. The cap didn't go up that much this year IIRC. Have to wait and see how that rises going forward. This season represents a lost one for profits and ultimately the salary cap is based on profits. There may not be much of an increase next year.

themunn

Reaction score
I'd definitely say Prescott is top 10, I'd probably take him over everyone except Wilson, Mahomes, Watson, Rodgers.
Brady and Brees are obviously great QBs but have 1-2 years in them at most. Still that puts him in 5-10 range at most.
Kyler Murray, Baker Mayfield, Daniel Jones, Josh Allen all could overtake him in next few years but aren't there yet.

I mean, he's not 45 million worth, but he's definitely worth more than Wentz (32m), Ryan (30m), Cousins (28m)

sdog1981

Reaction score
themunn":eyy41e8c said:
I mean, he's not 45 million worth, but he's definitely worth more than Wentz (32m), Ryan (30m), Cousins (28m)

He is more like Matt Ryan than Wentz and Cousins.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":1yt9pm56 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Jason_OTC/status/1263552219737198592[/tweet]

Chris Simms, the same guy who reported Wilson was almost traded to the Browns...

Yeah can we stop listening to this guy?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":3myu4lot said:
KitsapGuy":3myu4lot said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Jason_OTC/status/1263552219737198592[/tweet]

Chris Simms, the same guy who reported Wilson was almost traded to the Browns...

Yeah can we stop listening to this guy?
Yep.
Simms used to be semi-credible, lately he’s just be creating fiction. Sad.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I read Dak in last 3 yrs has a higher QBR than RW?
I find that hard to understand and Dak was 3rd not sure where RW was.
At some point you have to develop a system to plug in QB's to avoid
monster contracts..Unless they cap off the positions.
Dak isn't worth anywhere near $30mil and this is why things need to
change.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Prescott believes he desrves Russell Wilson money. This dude hasn't sniffed a Superbowl much less won one yet he wants top QB $$. What a joke. The dude is closer to RG3 level than he is to Russell WIlson. Just imagine what Wilson would've done behind that Dallas OL (when they were healthy). If Dak played behind the Seahawk OL of the past 4-5 years, he probably would've had to retire from football.

Smellyman

Reaction score
People are just feeding Simms crap and seeing if he is dumb enough to report it.

He may be going for the Skip and Stephen A garbage route rather than real reporting.

Maulbert

Reaction score
IndyHawk":1j7ams10 said:
I read Dak in last 3 yrs has a higher QBR than RW?
I find that hard to understand and Dak was 3rd not sure where RW was.
At some point you have to develop a system to plug in QB's to avoid
monster contracts..Unless they cap off the positions.
Dak isn't worth anywhere near $30mil and this is why things need to
change.

QBR is a garbage stat. It is way too subjective. That's how.

Fade

Reaction score
O-Line play has a big impact on ESPN's QBR from my research and study.

It's not really worth using as a metric. Passer Rating is flawed as well but at least we know the formula, so we can account for its flaws. With the rule changes making it hard to compare ratings between older QB's and new QB's especially. Marino, Montana, and Young in today's game would be something else.

Dak piled up his numbers last year against the Redskins and the Giants. And was something like 0-8 against winning teams.

He is a good QB that has gotten a little better each year, but he is not transcendent. So making him the highest paid player would not be wise.

The problem though is QBs like Derek Carr have been made the highest paid, so the way it has gone the last 10 years is the next merely good QB up for a new contract becomes the highest paid. So Dak is justified in his negotiation.

If I were the Cowboys, I would remove the franchise tag and let him out onto the open market. I don't see a team out there that would be willing to give him anywhere close to what he is looking for. It's why Cam still remains unsigned as well, as all 32 teams are already decided on their guy at QB for the 2020 season.

The Cowboys have all the leverage currently.

This is a very interesting negotiation as it could begin a new precedent that teams are going to start wising up when paying QBs that are not future HoFers. Like the the Flacco's and the Carr's.

Dak's best bet is to go the Kirk Cousins route. Play on the Franchise Tag, and continue to bet on himself.

I hope the Cowboys break the bank for him btw.

Latest posts