Deebo Samuel broke his foot

TAB420

Reaction score
That's two of their weapons at WR gone or partly gone this year.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Two? You mean Ritchie James?

With Hurd and Taylor coming back and Aiyuk taken in the draft James had a uphill climb to make the roster.

I'm more concerned about a player working out with them testing positive got Covid.

EDIT: ...or do you mean Emmanuel Sanders?

94Smith

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":3av4npr9 said:
Well at least those still watching won't be tired of watching the sweep 20 times a game.

Nobody stopped it all season! Pretty sure Jalen Hurd could run the sweep as well given he was a college RB

94Smith

Reaction score
"Samuel rushed 14 times for 159 yards and three touchdowns in the regular season. That's good for 11.36 yards per attempt – the second-most ever for an NFL player with at least 14 carries."

I don't remember him being stuffed in the backfield once all season

Marvin49

Reaction score
94Smith":5184hxe6 said:
loafoftatupu":5184hxe6 said:
Well at least those still watching won't be tired of watching the sweep 20 times a game.

Nobody stopped it all season! Pretty sure Jalen Hurd could run the sweep as well given he was a college RB

This....

...If Samuel can't start the season, I'd expect to see Hurd and Aiyuk running those plays. Hurd was certainly practicing them in camp lat year before he got hurt.

This play WILL NOT go away, even if it becomes less effective. They run that play quite a bit, but what they run even more are inside runs with the end around action to create space in the Defense.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Marvin49":yfip7lgh said:
94Smith":yfip7lgh said:
loafoftatupu":yfip7lgh said:

This....

...If Samuel can't start the season, I'd expect to see Hurd and Aiyuk running those plays. Hurd was certainly practicing them in camp lat year before he got hurt.

This play WILL NOT go away, even if it becomes less effective. They run that play quite a bit, but what they run even more are inside runs with the end around action to create space in the Defense.

Deebo out??!! Championship!!
That ices the NFC West Division Championship for the Hawks! In July even!

Samuel just absolutely torched us repeatedly. Have a nice, long, slow, slow, slower, but full, recovery, buddy. I understand February is the month most of these things finally heal.

I'm with Johnny Dimes. Gotta be Jimmy G's fault, threw him a pass in the dirt and Samuel injured himself going down to get it. I did that once in HS basketball, as a freshman, threw a crappy pass in practice that a senior had to reach for and blew out his knee. It happens. Jimmy G's fault. Jimmy's big contract? Dock for Deebo!

NINEster

Reaction score
olyfan63":9c80bvdq said:
Marvin49":9c80bvdq said:
94Smith":9c80bvdq said:
loafoftatupu":9c80bvdq said:

This....

Deebo out??!! Championship!!
That ices the NFC West Division Championship for the Hawks! In July even!

Samuel just absolutely torched us repeatedly. Have a nice, long, slow, slow, slower, but full, recovery, buddy. I understand February is the month most of these things finally heal.

I'm with Johnny Dimes. Gotta be Jimmy G's fault, threw him a pass in the dirt and Samuel injured himself going down to get it. I did that once in HS basketball, as a freshman, threw a crappy pass in practice that a senior had to reach for and blew out his knee. It happens. Jimmy G's fault. Jimmy's big contract? Dock for Deebo!

In Jimmy's defense had it been a year or two ago, the receiver woulda torn his ACL instead.

Broken foot, not lost for the whole season. So he's getting a little better at QB, IMO.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Like I said, Mr. Deebo, have a nice, long, slow, slow, slower, but FULL recovery! Don't rush him back! At least this year we'll have some speed in Jamal Adams and Jordyn Brooks chasing him. 2 yards instead of 20 on that play he torches us on.