Mostert requests trade from 49ers

94Smith

Reaction score
Wish they would pay him as I think he was the best back last season. I think they are trying to work a new deal out for Kittle though. The Shanahan system does tend to make any back look good and Mostert was on 5 or so teams until finally having a break out season last year. Jet McKinnon should be playing this year as well.

SF49r

Reaction score
Dont blame him, hes our best rusher while being paid like a special teamer on a 3 year contract

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
94Smith":1a0omzec said:
Wish they would pay him as I think he was the best back last season. I think they are trying to work a new deal out for Kittle though. The Shanahan system does tend to make any back look good and Mostert was on 5 or so teams until finally having a break out season last year. Jet McKinnon should be playing this year as well.

McKinnon. The great hope of what, 2018, vet who keeps getting hurt in TC?

Marvin49

Reaction score
Honestly don't think he's going anywhere.

He signed a three year extension last offseason. I understand him wanting more money, but he's 28, started the year as RB #3 and while he has great speed and acceleration, won't be nearly as good in any other offense.

Niners hold all the cards.

Now, perhaps they don't want a disgruntled RB in the locker room and they ship him out: That would suck. He really does fit Shanahans Offense. However, the guy has 178 CAREER carries and his best year was last year with 772 yards. This ain't Marshawn. This ain't Zeke.

I'd like to see him stay, but the Shanahans identify traits in RBs that suit their system very well. Mostert has been on 6 NFL teams. Breida was an UDFA.

Do these names sound familiar? Alfred Morris. Arian Foster. Olandis Gary. Clinton Portis. Hell, even Terrell Davis.

Its the system.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Mizak":2dh8nwp0 said:
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29430509/rb-raheem-mostert-requests-trade-49ers-agent-says

Lost Breida and now about to lose Mostert.

If by "lost Breida" you mean "traded him away", you'd be correct.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2onyz9y2 said:
Inb4 Marvin chimes in to say everything is perfect in paradise. 8)

Nah, not perfect by a longshot. He played well when given a chance. It would suck. Niners won't break the bank for him tho and they have him under contract for 2 more years. He signed an extension only last year.

Only thing I'm sure of is that he won't be nearly as productive in another offense. He's fast, makes quick decisions and accelerates quickly, but in Shanahans offense he's running through holes a semi could get through.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Marvin49":2m9v20et said:
Honestly don't think he's going anywhere.

He signed a three year extension last offseason. I understand him wanting more money, but he's 28, started the year as RB #3 and while he has great speed and acceleration, won't be nearly as good in any other offense.

Niners hold all the cards.

Now, perhaps they don't want a disgruntled RB in the locker room and they ship him out: That would suck. He really does fit Shanahans Offense. However, the guy has 178 CAREER carries and his best year was last year with 772 yards. This ain't Marshawn. This ain't Zeke.

I'd like to see him stay, but the Shanahans identify traits in RBs that suit their system very well. Mostert has been on 6 NFL teams. Breida was an UDFA.

Do these names sound familiar? Alfred Morris. Arian Foster. Olandis Gary. Clinton Portis. Hell, even Terrell Davis.

Its the system.

Man, they had so many 1,000 yard rushers in Shanahan Sr.'s time with the Broncos... a dude would go down in game 1, and next street free agent up would run for 1,500 yards. So it was just Mostert's turn. He looked pretty damn good when he got his turn. Horses for courses. And yeah, I know Shanahans aren't truly Jr/Sr, but close enough.

I bet you're right, that he stays with the Niners.

Marvin49

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1287808984179716096[/tweet]

NINEster

Reaction score
BirdsCommaAngry":1h8ajad7 said:
SantaClaraHawk":1h8ajad7 said:
McKinnon. The great hope of what, 2018, vet who keeps getting hurt in TC?

I think he's a running back.

I like watching old Vikings' highlights in the offseason.