Could Marcell Dareus Answer Seahawks Defensive Line Depth

ivotuk

Reaction score
Could Marcell Dareus Answer Seahawks Defensive Line Depth Concerns?

Corbin Smith

Aug 8, 2020

After choosing not to re-sign veterans Al Woods and Quinton Jefferson along with not selecting a defensive tackle in April's draft, the Seahawks remain on the hunt for reinforcements at the position during the early stages of training camp.

According to Adam Caplan of Sirius XM NFL, Seattle could have its eyes on veteran Marcell Dareus, who remains unsigned after his 2020 option was declined by Jacksonville back in February.

https://www.si.com/nfl/seahawks/news/co ... h-concerns

Erebus

Reaction score
If they really have moved on from Clowney, I don't get why they still haven't made any other moves to bolster the d-line. Whoever they bring in, its best to get them signed now so they can fully participate in training camp and have some time to learn the playbook.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
ANS: Money!

With luck and perhaps a realization they won't be invited to the party these unsigned players may moderate their wage demands and then will be signed.

I am rather sure the team has talked with the various agents of the players and tried to see what could be done. With TC starting for real today I'd be surprised if there isn't a DLine addition before long.