Travis Kelce new contract

IndyHawk

Reaction score
4 years $58 million :shock:
How does KC go around the cap?I know it is 4 years
added on to the 2 years he has left on original but still
you have a lot of big contracts besides his.
The cap is going to drop good next season so I'm
trying to understand their economics I guess.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
This is just the usual for teams like this.

Watkins is pulling nearly $16 million this year and will be a free agent next year.

The offensive line goes from $35 million cap hit in 2021 to $3 million in 2022.

The secondary goes from costing $33.8 million this year to $8 million in 2022.

Most of the big contracts they have from this offseason are extensions that don't actually kick in until 2021 or 2022.

They're shifting a lot of money to a few key players, and some expensive ones are leaving. The overall roster shrinks to 31 signed players in 2022, so obviously it's going to be hard to keep it at a high level unless drafting really goes well for them.

OP
OP
IndyHawk

IndyHawk

Reaction score
bmorepunk":5n1v0ae9 said:
This is just the usual for teams like this.

Watkins is pulling nearly $16 million this year and will be a free agent next year.

The offensive line goes from $35 million cap hit in 2021 to $3 million in 2022.

The secondary goes from costing $33.8 million this year to $8 million in 2022.

Most of the big contracts they have from this offseason are extensions that don't actually kick in until 2021 or 2022.

They're shifting a lot of money to a few key players, and some expensive ones are leaving. The overall roster shrinks to 31 signed players in 2022, so obviously it's going to be hard to keep it at a high level unless drafting really goes well for them.
Good post.
So 2022 PM gets to find out what it's like to be RW and we can compare at that point,no?

ivotuk

Reaction score
It didn't take long for Travis Kelce to invest some of his new money into his long-time community.

Friday night on Twitter – just two days ago after signing a 4-year, $57 million contract extension with the Kansas City Chiefs – the superstar tight end announced that he had purchased a building in local Kansas City that he plans to transform into a STEM lab for inner-city teenagers.

"I am excited to announce that I am purchasing the building that will be the future home of the "Ignition Lab: Powered by 87&Running" – a co-working space where these teens will have the support, resources and opportunity to explore careers in STEM, launch their own entrepreneurial ventures and gain real-world experience."

Explained Kelce:

"The vision is to give these teens in KC's underserved neighborhoods a safe haven. A place where they're exposed to interests and role models far beyond the field or court.

Kids can't concentrate if they don't feel safe. They can't envision a career they've never heard of or learn a skill they've never been taught."

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/nfl/k ... ding-in-kc